Apex Legends Thread

Comments

• Boomba
    832 posts Semi-Pro
    Got about six wins last week, all of a sudden, can't find players above level 30 or more than 100 kills, nor can I find functioning teams or a full squad...

I just started liking the game now I'm hating it again lmfao.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9740 posts League Winner
    Just had a nice win with a wholesome Pathfinder. My 2 teammates both died at landing, I managed to kill the whole squad but the other teammate left... typical. This guy stayed throughout and was just following me around and setting up ziplines every time I marked a high place, I usually don't come up across helpful teammates so that was a nice change. I noticed he was on the mic so I went on at the end to tell him gg... his English wasn't very good but he was like "7 kills man, gg". :blush: If only everyone was like this.
  • KRANG00
    1572 posts Play-Off Hero
    My experience if I’m feeling brave and play with randoms theses days is.....

Option 1- My 2 teammates see a team and rush them despite being awful and die, then constantly ping their banner so I can’t hear **** all as I’m trying to take down the whole squad they managed to land 0 shots on, and then if I don’t manage to wipe the whole other team, proceed to give me abuse about how **** I am

Option 2 - see a team really far away and start shooting at them with short range weapons giving our position away and landing 0 shots

Option 3 - hot drop and die in less than 10 seconds and then leave

Praying for solo’s 🙏🏼
  • I SiR MartY I
    5119 posts Big Money Move
    Boomba wrote: »
    Got about six wins last week, all of a sudden, can't find players above level 30 or more than 100 kills, nor can I find functioning teams or a full squad...

The Apex Discord is alright for finding team mates, its full of really awful try-hards but there are some decent people in there.

I used to have 2 others to play with but 1 is hating the game and doesn't play anymore, combination of them being really bad and just playing it too much so me and the 1 remaining player just play with randoms and 99% of the time they're <level 20, have a couple kills, leave the second they go down and ALWAYS (and I mean always) want to drop to Bridges.

Its a grind when we're always 2 v everybody else but we try to make it work.
  • Azof
    15081 posts World Class

The Apex Discord is alright for finding team mates, its full of really awful try-hards but there are some decent people in there.

I used to have 2 others to play with but 1 is hating the game and doesn't play anymore, combination of them being really bad and just playing it too much so me and the 1 remaining player just play with randoms and 99% of the time they're <level 20, have a couple kills, leave the second they go down and ALWAYS (and I mean always) want to drop to Bridges.

bridges one of, if not the worst drop in the game
  • I SiR MartY I
    Azof wrote: »

bridges one of, if not the worst drop in the game

its terrible but every random drops there, it drives me mad. Me and my friends either go Bunker, Skull Town or the blue circle if its in a good area, just so we get early action.

Then you have people sitting in Bridges with a P2020 and G7 for half the game doing nothing.
  • BO0OM
    3523 posts National Call-Up
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Just had a nice win with a wholesome Pathfinder. My 2 teammates both died at landing, I managed to kill the whole squad but the other teammate left... typical. This guy stayed throughout and was just following me around and setting up ziplines every time I marked a high place, I usually don't come up across helpful teammates so that was a nice change. I noticed he was on the mic so I went on at the end to tell him gg... his English wasn't very good but he was like "7 kills man, gg". :blush: If only everyone was like this.

Life would be so easy with teammates being as helpful as me :)
  • Azof
    15081 posts World Class
    finally hit 100 lifeline wins, took long enough
  • I SiR MartY I
    edited April 6

Best Legend on the game. I'm close to 200 wins with her but I've had a bad run recently with not being able to aim, its like overnight my aim went to * so I've been struggling to win.

Its so bad that I missed a Gibby with half a clip of Spitfire and died to him.
  • Azof
    15081 posts World Class

Best Legend on the game. I'm close to 200 wins with her but I've had a bad run recently with not being able to aim, its like overnight my aim went to * so I've been struggling to win.

be a lot more if I didnt play solo through the night with the dregs of society
  • I SiR MartY I

be a lot more if I didnt play solo through the night with the dregs of society

Level 6 Wraith mains*
  • cmm_1991
    1967 posts Play-Off Hero

Standard wingman 4 shots #RIP
  • Azof
    15081 posts World Class
    cmm_1991 wrote: »

well deserved nerf, took far too long
  • cmm_1991
    1967 posts Play-Off Hero
    cmm_1991 wrote: »

well deserved nerf, took far too long

Id say lower damage per shot not amount of shots, 4 is just tragic
  • schmo
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    This game really died for me and my friends. Really hope the BR trend starts dying out and we get a good arena shooter.
  • Retro_G
    25947 posts Player of the Year
    schmo wrote: »
    This game really died for me and my friends. Really hope the BR trend starts dying out and we get a good arena shooter.

I was back on Apex last night after taking a break. It's still the best PvP shooter out there for me, but it's lacking content. We need a new map, more modes and guns.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2602 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game seems kind of dead now by taking a quick glance on twitch, which is a little surprising because it beats fortnite in every aspect and thus should have been its natural successor. Apex' downfall was the lack of updates and balance fixes and (for me) no ranked matchmaking. Coming from a semi-pro background in counter-strike and quake, the opposition rarely posed a challenge in this game and so it quickly became stale when you're pubstomping in solo queue using (for the most part) incompetent teammates as decoy/fodder.

Haven't personally played since mid-march something but I'd bet the wingman and peacekeeper are still broken.
  • Azof
    15081 posts World Class
    The game seems kind of dead now by taking a quick glance on twitch, which is a little surprising because it beats fortnite in every aspect and thus should have been its natural successor. Apex' downfall was the lack of updates and balance fixes and (for me) no ranked matchmaking. Coming from a semi-pro background in counter-strike and quake, the opposition rarely posed a challenge in this game and so it quickly became stale when you're pubstomping in solo queue using (for the most part) incompetent teammates as decoy/fodder.

Haven't personally played since mid-march something but I'd bet the wingman and peacekeeper are still broken.

Map is awful and the whole game just has no character just feels souless
  • Choepiechakie
    30379 posts National Team Captain

How tables have turned
  • Azof
    15081 posts World Class

How tables have turned

It is still a better game than FN but that isnt hard to do
  • Azof
    15081 posts World Class
    KRANG00 wrote: »

Not played it since the 12th and no desire to
  • RadioShaq
    14620 posts Moderator
    My only complaint is teammates. Really not something they can fix which is sad. It’s also not really a solo game.
  • schmo
    Back to PUBG
  • Azof
    15081 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    My only complaint is teammates. Really not something they can fix which is sad. It’s also not really a solo game.

it could be they just refuse to do so
  • ORANGEeffect05
    18660 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »

it could be they just refuse to do so

Surely duos and solo will be added soon
  • schmo
    I don't think solo would work very well, but duos would be a nice addition.
  • Retro_G
    schmo wrote: »
    I don't think solo would work very well, but duos would be a nice addition.

Duos, Quads
  • Retro_G
    edited April 26
    KRANG00 wrote: »

It can work, as long as the updates have enough content. After hearing about how employers are worked into the ground at Epic, Respawns approach makes sense.