Apex Legends Thread

Comments

• Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    9.5 for Sekiro, can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

Preloaded it earlier, hoping it unlocks on steam at midnight

First PC game ive bought remotely close to full price since DS3
  • Retro_G
    30432 posts National Team Captain
    Azof wrote: »
    9.5 for Sekiro, can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

Preloaded it earlier, hoping it unlocks on steam at midnight

First PC game ive bought remotely close to full price since DS3

Miyazaki never disappoints, should unlock at midnight, enjoy mate. I'll be picking up a physical copy tomorrow.
  • Retro_G
    Poor performance on the consoles again unfortunately.

• Chubbs
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    That game looks really fun. Is it a new IP or a sequel? Also is it a pick up and play type of thing for enjoyment or a Dark Souls type of super hard game for nerds?
  • Retro_G
    Chubbs wrote: »
    That game looks really fun. Is it a new IP or a sequel? Also is it a pick up and play type of thing for enjoyment or a Dark Souls type of super hard game for nerds?

It's a new IP, has lots of similarities with the old Ninga Gaiden games. A game meant for a strong mind, one who likes to challenge themselves.
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    Chubbs wrote: »

Its a new IP from Fromsoft but very inspired by their other works

Will be harder than your average game as it will have a lot of mechanics to learn and no difficulty setting
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class

I mean this is like saying water is wet, the consoles simply are way underpowered at this stage
  • Retro_G

I mean this is like saying water is wet, the consoles simply are way underpowered at this stage

True, how are you finding the difficulty? I keep getting my arse handed to me with the first big enemy with red eyes who is locked up, then breaks out. :D
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class

True, how are you finding the difficulty? I keep getting my arse handed to me with the first big enemy with red eyes who is locked up, then breaks out. :D

Didnt end up starting it, didnt feel in the mood

Starting in morning
  • Retro_G

Didnt end up starting it, didnt feel in the mood

Starting in morning

I'm still stuck on that chained ogre, it makes Ninga Gaiden black look easy. :D
  • Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    Zzzz

could have had a second win this morning but the guy didn't know how to heal and game second ffs
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    Karlos wrote: »

just be careful a death box doesnt get stuck on your head, if it does you are donezo no getting from under it even when you get downed
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    wee back to back carry, pathfinder S tier with new hitbox
    20190326_004352.jpg
    20190326_010750.jpg
  • WellWornBeast
    2147 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shame you're not on PS @Azof :(
  • EA_Rtas
    1676 posts EA Moderator
    wee back to back carry, pathfinder S tier with new hitbox
    20190326_004352.jpg
    20190326_010750.jpg

That banner pose may be the greatest thing I've seen
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    I dont remember ever playing an FPS where the average player was as bad as they are in apex
  • Retro_G
    I dont remember ever playing an FPS where the average player was as bad as they are in apex

It has a good skill gap.
  • schmo
    298 posts Sunday League Hero

You should see the players on console. My roommate is borderline atrocious and he still is winning games. Watching him (and his enemy) miss 3 full clips is a common occurrence.
  • xFATAL
    4599 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 28
    Playing with randoms on PS4 is a nightmare. Usually quit out of about 10 games before I find what looks to be capable teammates.

I should be playing BFV Firestorm now but after about 5 games of that the atrocious loot/management system made me quit, Such a shame for one of the best looking BR maps made.
  • Retro_G
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Playing with randoms on PS4 is a nightmare. Usually quit out of about 10 games before I find what looks to be capable teammates.

I should be playing BFV Firestorm now but after about 5 games of that the atrocious loot/management system made me quit, Such a shame for one of the best looking BR maps made.

I tried Firestorm, that looting system is atrocious, gun tiers are trash. Red guns with awful sights, let me pick up attachments. Takes an age for a game to start too, no respawn mechanic. 64 players for such a big map isn't enough, not enough guns/attachments.

Graphics are fantastic, the ring of fire should be in every Battleroyle, the netcode is decent, but that's about the only positives. Firestorm feels dated. Apex has set the bar and it's going to be tough for any dev team to do better.
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    games like these just make me wanna uninstall, how do these people function day to day is beyond me
    NVFvAps.jpg
  • RadioShaq
    15264 posts Moderator
    On the plus side least they revived you.
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    On the plus side least they revived you.

Nope they were reviving eachother, when I went down and the guy was executing me with sub 50hp they refused to push through smoke
  • Retro_G
    games like these just make me wanna uninstall, how do these people function day to day is beyond me
    NVFvAps.jpg

:D It badly needs a solo mode.
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    lp1f1wk8h5p21.jpg?width=790&auto=webp&s=753b7f34ba9e6621c7cd97c20e48066d70009270
  • Argie8
    5916 posts Big Money Move
    NVFvAps.jpg

how do the bots on apex compare to fortnite
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    Argie8 wrote: »
    NVFvAps.jpg

how do the bots on apex compare to fortnite

Far worse cause aiming actually matters in this
  • Azof
    16935 posts World Class
    you tried it @Argie8
  • Argie8
    5916 posts Big Money Move
    you tried it @Argie8

Nope not yet. Find it tedious learning a new game and I don't know if it'll be worth it. Could be an option whilst pubs suck on fortnite though...