26824 posts Player of the Year
    Lootijg is horrible. Theres no ammo and barely any loot spawns

Yeah needs lots of work.
  • Azof
    15362 posts World Class
    Can you disable the head bobbing?
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Almost got a win, pretty fun but still no idea what's going on half the time or what item/gun does what
  • Retro_G
    Azof wrote: »

Nope, 60 players isn't enough, especially with squads. This could be so much better with 100 players, the pacing is very slow. Gunplay, graphics are great, but the looting system is bad, ammo shouldn't take up space.
  • Azof
    15362 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »

Nope, 60 players isn't enough, especially with squads. This could be so much better with 100 players, the pacing is very slow. Gunplay, graphics are great, but the looting system is bad, ammo shouldn't take up space.

Well that rules it out for me, bobbing gives me motion sickness within minutes

Iirc the titanfall engine is either based heavily on source or is just an extended source engine so high player counts was never gonna be easy
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    What do you mean by head bobbing?

Yeah the pace towards the end is slow
  • Retro_G

Well that rules it out for me, bobbing gives me motion sickness within minutes

Iirc the titanfall engine is either based heavily on source or is just an extended source engine so high player counts was never gonna be easy

That's rough mate, hopefully they give the option to turn off head bobbing in a future update. They should've at least put in solo with the low player count. The game has a lot of things going for it, they could be onto a winner if they listen to community and update regularly.
  • Grown93
    2430 posts Fans' Favourite
    From Respawn? Im in always! The gameplay of both titanfall's is top.
  • Retro_G
    Grown93 wrote: »
    From Respawn? Im in always! The gameplay of both titanfall's is top.

I'm a big fan of Respawn too, want this game to succeed, they've some really innovative features like the ping system.
  • Chubbs
    14193 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 5
    Enjoyed it last night. Got my first win out of the way early. Its does a lot of stuff better than most BRs with only a few negatives imo. I think 60 is perfect. If you want to fight there are 5-6 hot spots with guaranteed action, if you want to take your time and loot there are places for that as well.

Pros
    -I love how areas will tell you that there is better loot there without having to seek that information through grinding or a wiki
    -I love the stationed balloons(?)/ziplines around the map. Play like rifts on fortnite. Helps avoid all of the walking around.
    -Group jump is fantastic for building up the squad element.
    -Gunplay is the best of any BR
    -Micro transactions are fair but time will tell on that one.
    -The risk/reward of doing the respawn is an absolutely fantastic mechanic imo
    -Class system makes it feel a bit more personalized to play style and lends to differing gameplay even if selection is limited currently.
    -Map is just the right size for the amount of players.
    -No parachute is a must for BRs imo
    -Ping system is absolutely fantastic. Getting much more cohesive play with randoms than any other game I have played because they have made it so easy to do.

Cons
    -Stealth, any game with a stealth mechanic is miserable at times. (that being said that legend is awful imo)
    -Can be a little too much going on at times. When 3-4 mortar/artillery are being dropped in the same location it takes the fun out of it for me.
    -8 (only 6 without grinding or paying) Legends is a bit weak for a launch imo

Im sure I am still missing out on some things but after 4-5 hours these are the initial thoughts. Would be silly to not have it installed for a free game imo.
  • MUFC_420
    1713 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jensonj67 wrote: »
    Rip blackout

Would be very surprised if this kills blackout as it doesn't look great and will most likely have alot of server issues.
    Rip blackout

It was ever alive? Played beta for it and felt like a shooter atleast 5 years old

Trust me blackout is well and truly alive. Not sure about the beta but the game is great now.
  • cmm_1991
    1968 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just won my 2nd game, seems good fun
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s free to play, will definitely be bigger than blackout
  • Retro_G
    edited February 5
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Rip blackout

Would be very surprised if this kills blackout as it doesn't look great and will most likely have alot of server issues.
    Rip blackout

It was ever alive? Played beta for it and felt like a shooter atleast 5 years old

Trust me blackout is well and truly alive. Not sure about the beta but the game is great now.

I can't stand the flashbang spam in Blackout, it ruins the mode. The game is more about equipment than gun skill. I was meh with Apex initially, but after putting a few more hours into the game, it has started to grow on me and the game has lots of innovative features.

I played a few games with my nephew last night, it was a lot of fun. The game needs a solo mode though, because matching with randoms doesn't work nine times out of ten. Randoms never drop in the area with the blue marker that has the best tier gear, once you get the jump master, they usually die immediately and won't wait for a revive at a spawn beacon.
  • Retro_G
    I'm going to try Apex on PS4, it's very sweaty on Xbox. :D
  • JorisDB
    1378 posts Professional
    Absolutely love this game.
    Level 16 now, got 5 wins and most kills in 1 game was 10, but I’m averaging at around 5 kills per game I guess.
    If anyone who’s half decent wants to team up let me know!
  • Choepiechakie
    30596 posts National Team Captain
    Language fixed yet?
  • Azof
    15362 posts World Class
    Language fixed yet?

Just learn german lul
  • KRANG00
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    Going to download this, praying it gets me hooked so i don't keep coming back to Fifa and then moaning about it :# :D
  • NornIron
    10982 posts Has That Special Something
    I read somewhere u could select your own server, u cant on xbox can you?
    Not that im having any problems but would like to see what my latency was as its another EA game.
  • Retro_G
    NornIron wrote: »
    Not that im having any problems but would like to see what my latency was as its another EA game.

Yeah you can, just leave it on the main menu until it disconnects you from the server. Then press R3 to select the server. I'm playing on the London server with a low ping and the connection is brilliant.
  • Retro_G
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    Going to download this, praying it gets me hooked so i don't keep coming back to Fifa and then moaning about it :# :D

There is a bit of a learning curve at the start, took me a few hours to get the suss, but once you get used to everything, game is a blast. The economy is really fair in the game too, Apex is quickly becoming my favourite Battleroyle.
  • NornIron
    10982 posts Has That Special Something

Yeah you can, just leave it on the main menu until it disconnects you from the server. Then press R3 to select the server. I'm playing on the London server with a low ping and the connection is brilliant.

Yeah got it working London ping 22, Amsterdam 28, Belgium 28, Frankfurt 34.
    0 Packet loss.
    Is yours like that? @Retro_G
  • Retro_G
    edited February 6

Yeah got it working London ping 22, Amsterdam 28, Belgium 28, Frankfurt 34.
    0 Packet loss.
    Is yours like that? @Retro_G

Yeah mate, it's great that you can select your own server with the lowest ping. Lifeline is the most important character, if you want wins, your team should always prioritise her.
  • Chubbs
    14193 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 6
    3ea500d2-21a6-41c3-bf1c-8deb832d8a60%201.png

Best game so far. Didnt win but had more fun in this one than in the games that I have.
  • Retro_G
    Chubbs wrote: »
    3ea500d2-21a6-41c3-bf1c-8deb832d8a60%201.png

Best game so far. Didnt win but had more fun in this one than in the games that I have.

Nice, had a ten game win last night with 1137 damage.
  • Choepiechakie
    30596 posts National Team Captain
    Language fixed yet?

Just learn german lul

Ich spreche eine bische deutsch jah.

I speak a bit german, okay.
  • Shshj
    3277 posts National Call-Up
    Liking this a lot at the moment, love that they transferred the Titanfall-esque movement across.
  • KRANG00
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just had my 1st game, got in a gunfight and suddenly realised all the bullets I had been picking up we’re not for the guns I had :D

Anyone on here playing on PS4?
  • Azof
    15362 posts World Class
    not sure on this, not had a decent AR and no ammo anywhere