So first WL after patch and...

Drizzt
453 posts Sunday League Hero
I'm happy.

So I'm a silver 2/1 player since start ( yep, you need us to feel superior 😉), but this week I finished gold 3. Yay me?

But seriously, I actually enjoyed myself. I got beat by those who were clearly better than me, but the majority of the games were close or me making silky mistakes.

What was obvious was watching those people who only use timed finesses failing with shots going wide but still persisting in trying it, so for me the patch helped.

It's still has issues this game, but I hated FIFA 18 and even though people say the game is like FIFA 18 now, I beg to differ 😊.

I'm looking forward to next week and come on gold 2!

Comments

• MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Game has never been closer to Fifa 18 than it is right now
  • Congrats mate
  • Be honest. Do you think you improved or it got easier?
  • Noob_FC
    3148 posts National Call-Up
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

You could atleast know when you have higher chance of getting a goal in 18!!! I don't know if my player will score or scuff or hit it to stands!!
  • Drizzt
    Be honest. Do you think you improved or it got easier?

Tbh, my son says a bit of both. Easier in that hes seen me loose to more finesse goals that I've just quit in disgust instead of persevering, however he does say I'm playing better.

Either way, it's about enjoying playing and I have to admit, I did.
  • Drizzt

In your opinion 😉
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Drizzt wrote: »

In your opinion 😉

In the opinion of anyone who played that abomination of a game and this one.
  • Drizzt
    edited February 4
    ASHERLAUYY wrote: »
    Congrats mate

Cheers mate.

I'm just on a gold high...

Not bad for a 49 year old that holds the controller like a boa constrictor, drinks heavily while playing and has an elite 1 son constantly laughing at my lack of skills as well as his 200 mates on line, all wanting to play me for a laugh 😂.

I used to be the Kick off 2 king back in the day...

Respect yer elders...!!!! 😉
    Post edited by Drizzt on
  • bucs0576
    2282 posts Fans' Favourite
    Seriously sounds lIke another player who only touches the controller half the game
  • Drizzt

In your opinion 😉

In the opinion of anyone who played that abomination of a game and this one.

Still in yours and there's opinion😀.

Relax, you sound not happy. Just dont play this game if not happy. I'm saying that at this time, the patch has helped me.

Peace.
  • Philg28
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve also had my beat weekend league. Much prefer it now I’m not losing from 30 yard first time finesse shots with Kante.
  • Drizzt
    bucs0576 wrote: »
    Seriously sounds lIke another player who only touches the controller half the game

Why the beef? All I said is that I'm happy after the patch? What have I said or done to you for you to "try" and be insulting?

• bucs0576

Why the beef? All I said is that I'm happy after the patch? What have I said or done to you for you to "try" and be insulting?

If that insults you then your guilty....
  • Drizzt
    Philg28 wrote: »
    I’ve also had my beat weekend league. Much prefer it now I’m not losing from 30 yard first time finesse shots with Kante.

Good stuff mate.

I think we all know the game has issues and things such as AI should be toned down, bit still I'm on a gold high, especially since I don't touch the controller and all goals are scored by the AI apparently 😉 .
  • Drizzt

If that insults you then your guilty....

I think your post tells me all about you 😉.

Enjoy those times finesses...Oh wait...
  • bucs0576

Good stuff mate.

I think we all know the game has issues and things such as AI should be toned down, bit still I'm on a gold high, especially since I don't touch the controller and all goals are scored by the AI apparently 😉 .

Lmao. You use ai defending so much you think I'm talking about scoring.
  • SEP1914
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Nevermind OP, this community can be toxic sometimes.
    Congrats man
  • Drizzt

Good stuff mate.

Lmao. You use ai defending so much you think I'm talking about scoring.

The more you talk, the less you actually say.
  • bucs0576
    Ok.
  • Drizzt
    SEP1914 wrote: »
    Nevermind OP, this community can be toxic sometimes.
    Congrats man

Cheers bud. A simple I'm happy and did better than I have before, brings out those who for some reason aren't happy but still hang around the forums, and I assume still play, but want to make everyone as miserable as them.

/Sigh.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2834 posts Fans' Favourite
    I believe people are salty because you revel in your inflated success at the expense of a devalued game. Surely you must realize how something like this can be damaging to an esport title?
  • Drizzt
    I believe people are salty because you revel in your inflated success at the expense of a devalued game. Surely you must realize how something like this can be damaging to an esport title?

Revel in a gold 3 finish?

Inflated success?

Lol...
  • Drizzt
    Surely you must realize how something like this can be damaging to an esport title?

Do you really think the majority of players care about this being an eSports title?

Most people who play this just want to have fun and maybe a chance of getting that one player that's elite.

Remember fun? Was great back in the day.

What % actually cares about eSports????
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    It’s because the majority of the good players and players that have been playing fifa for a long time are quitting. You’re more likely to play against newer players or players that couldn’t break into the next tier like you said you were. So in a sense, most players beneath probably the Elite level are moving up a rank or two. I played my first game in almost two months yesterday and won pretty easily, which was a bit shocking. It’s really noticeable that a lot of good players have left this game because I had no business dominating my opponent the way I did yesterday.

• Drizzt
    It’s because the majority of the good players and players that have been playing fifa for a long time are quitting. You’re more likely to play against newer players or players that couldn’t break into the next tier like you said you were. So in a sense, most players beneath probably the Elite level are moving up a rank or two. I played my first game in almost two months yesterday and won pretty easily, which was a bit shocking. It’s really noticeable that a lot of good players have left this game because I had no business dominating my opponent the way I did yesterday.

Maybe so, but I can only beat those who I'm up against and I lost to 16 of those. I don't know who's joined or left and neither tbh do you.

My son's friend list still has the same since day one and still active.

Just remember, these forums are not all who play FIFA, and just because we and I include myself in this, thinks this forum is the be all and end all of FIFA, it's a drop in the ocean to the thousands of players that just play and enjoy and don't come to the forums.

Gold 3, you'd think I said top 100 and I'm the nuts. 😉.
  • Drizzt
    Anyway, I guess I should just finish by saying-

Sorry for actually been happy which is a rare occasion playing FIFA.

Sorry for actually not being frustrated ( a guy with nif Son scored 5 and really me off) when I guess you're supposed to be?

Sorry for actually not creating a moaning/not happy thread.

Sorry for having fun...

Oh, wait a mo, guess I'm not sorry. Now for gold 2 next week or silver 2 depending on my luck 😉.

• JURITO1000
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 4
    congrats ,im happy for you really :)

but otherside,you should not beat better players like you ,that shows how is no skill gap in this game anymore...if you reach some rank with gamestyle and games that you felt you are a better player its alright,but you should not finish some rank and say "i beat better players like me" . This is a ESPORT game (laughing always on it) and the better players should win in 98% and 2% some lucky wins
  • Drizzt
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    congrats ,im happy for you really :)

but otherside,you should not beat better players like you ,that shows how is no skill gap in this game anymore...if you reach some rank with gamestyle and games that you felt you are a better player its alright,but you should not finish some rank and say "i beat better players like me" . This is a ESPORT game (laughing always on it) and the better players should win in 98% and 2% some lucky wins

Well for me, I beat those who I was better than, I lost to those that were clearly better than me, lost to some I should have won and beat some that should have won.

Isn't that football in a nutshell?

It sound like all the rubbish players are getting 30 and 0 or elite ranking by the way some are talking.

I wasn't aware that jumping from silver 1 to gold 3 was such a massive jump and proves the patch made all the rubbish players better.

• JURITO1000
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    i didnt say you are rubbish ,i dont know how you playing ....i just saw your words "i beat clearly better players like me" . And this is exactly what i hate on this fifa, the skill gap doesnt exist ,my cousin can beat me which play fifa 3x in a year
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Personally I think the game has become easier for the less skilled players. No offence intended