The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

My guide to an enjoyable FIFA experience / The 352

1
Advait
14717 posts World Class
edited February 2019
In light of the ever changing gameplay, over involved AI and competitive hostility, he's my understanding of the best way to record more Ws, contrast the 90 minute AI dependant park the bus META and most importantly, have fun

WHY 352

Simply put, versatility

Crossing
With the new patch, crossing, in my opinion, works more consistently. Be it heading straight into goal OR bringing it down for the other striker, crossing, if practiced well, is as consistent as anything.

Central attacking triangle
Some call it Tiki-Taka, some call it 'pass abuse'. Either way, it has been fun and effective year after year.

Adaptability
To be able to protect a lead with a 5 at the back type wall OR turn the pressure up with 3 at the back to get a goal, only by making different decisions in game, we haven't even gotten into the dynamic tactics yet

Flexibility
With the right player selection, which will be the next section, one can work it down into a 4 at the back formation via dynamic tactics, should the original tactic not be up to the task.


PLAYER SELECTION

If you read nothing of this guide, but this section, you should do almost as well.

Goalkeepers
Pick any tall bloke who gets chem to the next subtopic

Center backs

A single wrong choice here, and your 5 goals could fall short to your opponent's 6.
Ideally, the Central CB must be capable of sporting the CDM spot should you decide to exercise the flexibility I mentioned earlier
Detailed Central CB -
Work rates - M/H, L/H
A M/M could work if the stats are good but NOT a H/M or a H/H
Examples - VVD, Blanc, Hierro, Rijkaard

Lateral CBs should be fast, agile and aggressive
M/H and L/H are still ideal but H/M and H/H can be gotten away with
Examples - Ramos, Thiago Silva, Varane


Lateral midfielders

The make-or-break players of this elastic 352 fortress. H/M and H/H are ideal and honestly, I haven't tried many other work rates here.
They must be fast, aggressive, good tacklers, good crossers of the ball and good when on it. I prefer using fullbacks who have the skill moves and decent (65+ finishing) here, of course, there are exceptions. These players can be pulled back into fullback roles should you choose to play a 4 at the back in game at some point.
RM-
87 Cancelo, Florenzi, Trent Arnold, TOTY Mbappe (he isn't a fullback but he's absolutely brilliant at RM)
LM-
Marcelo, IF Guerreiro , Prime Nedved (he isn't a fullback but he's absolutely brilliant at LM)


Central defensive midfielders
One attacking box to box (Gullit, KDB) and one defensive box to box (Vieira, Ballack) is the ideal combination in my opinion. Two Goretzka-Nainggolan type players can work too but I prefer the former.
The following WR combinations are ideal
H/H + M/H
H/M + M/H
M/H + M/H
H/H + H/H


Central attacking midfielder
Just one consideration here, do NOT, pick any player with a high defensive work rate here, else he'll land up playing the 4th CB at some moments and CDM, the other. One simply does not want their link from defence to offense go missing.
Ideally, pick a H/M, H/L, M/L
M/Ms can be made exceptions for if they're the quality of Messi or such, but otherwise, I'd steer clear.
Quality CAMs in my opinion are Neymar, Raul, Bergkamp, Dinho


Strikers
I like to have both the strikers be good headers of the ball but you can get away with a big man - small man set up.
As with the CAM, I do NOT recommend anyone with a high defensive work rate. Simple no no.
No examples here, if the drink you want is in the glass, you did it right.



INSTRUCTIONS

Defensive CDM - stay back while attacking (imperative), cover center
Other CDM - stay back while attacking (optional), cover center

Both lateral midfielders - come back on defence, stay on the edge of the box for crosses (enables them to quickly track back in order to stop cheeky counters)

Rest - Default


DEFENSIVE TACTICS

PRESS AFTER HEAVY TOUCH
Works quite well with the amount of quite honestly bizarre touches in this game now.

WIDTH - 3
Quick maf
This allows for a compact box with the lateral mids still wide enough to take the responsibility of pocketing opposition wingers

DEPTH - 5
Balanced and effective



ATTACKING TACTICS

BALANCED

WIDTH
Default

PLAYERS IN BOX
3-4, not more. We don't want everybody aimlessly crowding the box.

CORNERS and FREE KICKS
Never bothered.



And that's it! Feel free to discuss, ask for squad suggestions and share your own 352 squads down below
Thank you for reading

Cheers

Comments

  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Reserved for gameplay
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Reserved for Budget specific squads
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Reserved for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ posting
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?
  • Devers
    7591 posts League Winner
    Nice thread.

    I have actually taught bout this formation as a starter because when im chasing a win my uktra offensive tactic on the d-pad is 352.

    How would this differ from the 5212 with overlapping wing backs in turn changing it into 353 in attack situations but 5212 in defensive ones?

    Was thinking marcelo lwb, he seems perfect with the h/l work rates. Very dissapointed i missed flash back dani alves, hopefully he rereleased later in the year(i make a brazilian team every year)
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?

    I wasn't me!
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Devers wrote: »
    Nice thread.

    I have actually taught bout this formation as a starter because when im chasing a win my uktra offensive tactic on the d-pad is 352.

    How would this differ from the 5212 with overlapping wing backs in turn changing it into 353 in attack situations but 5212 in defensive ones?

    Was thinking marcelo lwb, he seems perfect with the h/l work rates. Very dissapointed i missed flash back dani alves, hopefully he rereleased later in the year(i make a brazilian team every year)

    No that just stagnates the play entirely
    I have tried it and it simply feels too conservative
  • Devers
    7591 posts League Winner
    Advait wrote: »
    Devers wrote: »
    Nice thread.

    I have actually taught bout this formation as a starter because when im chasing a win my uktra offensive tactic on the d-pad is 352.

    How would this differ from the 5212 with overlapping wing backs in turn changing it into 353 in attack situations but 5212 in defensive ones?

    Was thinking marcelo lwb, he seems perfect with the h/l work rates. Very dissapointed i missed flash back dani alves, hopefully he rereleased later in the year(i make a brazilian team every year)

    No that just stagnates the play entirely
    I have tried it and it simply feels too conservative

    Cool, cheers.

    You will have to put up your perfect team.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Devers wrote: »
    Advait wrote: »
    Devers wrote: »
    Nice thread.

    I have actually taught bout this formation as a starter because when im chasing a win my uktra offensive tactic on the d-pad is 352.

    How would this differ from the 5212 with overlapping wing backs in turn changing it into 353 in attack situations but 5212 in defensive ones?

    Was thinking marcelo lwb, he seems perfect with the h/l work rates. Very dissapointed i missed flash back dani alves, hopefully he rereleased later in the year(i make a brazilian team every year)

    No that just stagnates the play entirely
    I have tried it and it simply feels too conservative

    Cool, cheers.

    You will have to put up your perfect team.

    2lwwy1s.jpg

    Shared this team with a friend for 20 games
    Not perfect but quality nonetheless
  • Miklelin
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    Advait what's your wl score?
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Nice, will give this a go
  • Devers
    7591 posts League Winner
    Advait wrote: »
    Devers wrote: »
    Advait wrote: »
    Devers wrote: »
    Nice thread.

    I have actually taught bout this formation as a starter because when im chasing a win my uktra offensive tactic on the d-pad is 352.

    How would this differ from the 5212 with overlapping wing backs in turn changing it into 353 in attack situations but 5212 in defensive ones?

    Was thinking marcelo lwb, he seems perfect with the h/l work rates. Very dissapointed i missed flash back dani alves, hopefully he rereleased later in the year(i make a brazilian team every year)

    No that just stagnates the play entirely
    I have tried it and it simply feels too conservative

    Cool, cheers.

    You will have to put up your perfect team.

    2lwwy1s.jpg

    Shared this team with a friend for 20 games
    Not perfect but quality nonetheless

    Cheers man, was actually wanting to try that seedorf
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    Advait wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?

    I wasn't me!

    a9c21654447e9316e5230c7e9582a994.jpg




    Well either that or you have a split personality disorder :lol:
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Advait wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?

    I wasn't me!

    Oh I know it was you because of your accent on the mic!
  • Delboy13710
    6295 posts Big Money Move
    Good thread actually used it for my last 5 games this WL . Works really well need a bit more getting used to been subbing Ibra in at CAM at half time and he’s long shots are unstoppable my teams not great don’t know how to post a pic from mobile any more 😩
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Advait wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?

    I wasn't me!

    Oh I know it was you because of your accent on the mic!

    giphy.gif

  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2019
    While this might be a decent guide for people who speak like R2D2 and have a 4th world Internet connection

    352 guide - how to have fun in FIFA
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/454886/352-guide-how-to-have-fun-in-fifa#latest

    This one is probably better for people with 5mb and up connection that speak human
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Miklelin wrote: »
    Advait what's your wl score?

    Was 8/10 this time
    Couldn't play further
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Good thread actually used it for my last 5 games this WL . Works really well need a bit more getting used to been subbing Ibra in at CAM at half time and he’s long shots are unstoppable my teams not great don’t know how to post a pic from mobile any more 😩

    Upload on tinypic and paste the link here
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    While this might be a decent guide for people who speak like R2D2 and have a 4th world Internet connection

    352 guide - how to have fun in FIFA
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/454886/352-guide-how-to-have-fun-in-fifa#latest

    This one is probably better for people with 5mb and up connection that speak human

    Thanks Paul o:)
  • Ishibum
    13614 posts Has That Special Something
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?

    Or the part in which he lost to me...or the part in which you always lose to me as well?
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Ishibum wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?

    Or the part in which he lost to me...or the part in which you always lose to me as well?

    We were one game each yer lying nut
  • Ishibum
    13614 posts Has That Special Something
    Advait wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?

    Or the part in which he lost to me...or the part in which you always lose to me as well?

    We were one game each yer lying nut

    3-1... Not that I'm counting ;)
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Advait wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?

    Or the part in which he lost to me...or the part in which you always lose to me as well?

    We were one game each yer lying nut

    3-1... Not that I'm counting ;)

    :D
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    Ishibum wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Ummm where is the part about losing to me last time we played?

    Or the part in which he lost to me...or the part in which you always lose to me as well?

    @raz5229 expose this WL cheating ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Foldsea
    1204 posts Professional
    I play 3-4-1-2 But Have my RM/LM on stay forward or attacking(Whatever its called)
    But They still goes in line with the CB pretty often and They create like a 5Atb defensive line. And i Have Hazard and Lucas/Pedro on the wings.
    They are not optimal to play FB
    169m4i1.jpg[\img]
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019
    3 atb, this is what ur opponent is gonna do to u



    nq813QP.gif
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    3 atb, this is what ur opponent is gonna do to u



    nq813QP.gif

    Come at me
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Foldsea wrote: »
    I play 3-4-1-2 But Have my RM/LM on stay forward or attacking(Whatever its called)
    But They still goes in line with the CB pretty often and They create like a 5Atb defensive line. And i Have Hazard and Lucas/Pedro on the wings.
    They are not optimal to play FB
    169m4i1.jpg[\img]

    Looks nice!

    Not sure about the wingers when thinking competitively, but if you enjoy it, who am I to say otherwise
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    Advait wrote: »
    3 atb, this is what ur opponent is gonna do to u



    nq813QP.gif

    Come at me

    i already did, look at the gif :trollface:
Sign In or Register to comment.