Chelsea | Building Bridges | Chelsea '19/'20 | August fixtures, UCL draw and squad

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    No. I wouldn't sack the manager. I don't think there's a reliable replacement, but I believe managers must be given time. The situation is not good, but there's time to revert the situation. Sometimes directors get nervous too soon... Sarri has only been there a few months. Patience is necessary... a change doesn't necessarily improve things.
  • Wyojasond
    10188 posts Has That Special Something
    Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all need new managers 😂 that’s the craziest table I’ve ever seen. I’m curious if Liverpool’s top players aren’t playing on your story too. Salah, Mane and Alisson haven’t started a single game on mine 🤦‍♂️
  • DB1512
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    HjW337c.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    I really like Odoi at Bayern. It would be absolutely crazy to see Mourinho at Chelsea again but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit 😂
  • subpop
    This is only bad news... Odoi leaving and Mou in the horizon flying as vulture...
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Third time lucky for Mourinho at Chelsea :lol:
  • DB1512
    iDQbFPg.png
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bring in Brendan Rodgers to right the ship!
  • Ashy
    8878 posts League Winner
    Another manager sack at Chelsea what a surprise, if he cannot compromise then I think it was the right decision but I do think a manager of his stature should have been given a year, so who should come in? I'm thinking you should potentially look at the Wolves boss Nuno, he's doing well in the league right now and could do wonders at Chelsea, if not him maybe Zidane but going for some of the international managers linked seems a bit stupid, it won't end well I feel.
  • subpop
    It's always hard to bring an important manager in the middle of the season. Perhaps a temporary solution might work... I don't think it's right to sack the manager so soon, but it's Chelsea.
  • Wyojasond
    Think a caretaker manager might be best til the end of the season and then go hard and heavy after Zidane. He seems to make the most sense out of all those mentioned.
  • DB1512
    PmhRW8R.png
    Zidane is recently appointed to replace Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool, so he is not an option anymore.
  • subpop
    Temporary decision... at least, he knows the club and has experience in the league. Not that I like the current situation, but there wasn't a good option.
  • JoshDFC
    Wise choice bring in Hiddink until the Summer and then I expect Enrique or Allegri could be next to join
  • Wyojasond
    Smart move. Hiddink has experience fighting the ship and gives the board time to find his replacement. Will have to keep an eye on Derby and see how Lampard does this season 🤔
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's being mentioned to do a year or two at Feyenoord; Van Bronckhorst is quitting after this season.
  • DB1512
    The first transfers of Hiddink.
    PEcyt88.png
  • LAboog4
    I really like these two signings. Chillwell is a good defender with a good cross in attack. Sess can play attack or wing-back comfortably if needed.
  • DB1512
    edited February 26
    Other significant transfers of the transfer window.
    BeMySRB.jpg

I also updated the squad
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Squad 01-02-2019
    mFdN4TX.png
  • subpop
    Very interesting signings that will definitely improve the team. However, the squad is extemely long... personally I prefer short ones, but this Chelsea have a lot of options and Hiddink will have a hard time to decide the team every week.

On the international signings, sad to see Luis Suárez leaving to join Qatar Saint-Germain... especially, because we didn't reinforce at all. Who's our 9 now?
  • DB1512
    The big away game against Manchester City is played.
    oWsgQsY.jpg
  • DB1512
    @subpop Barca did not buy anyone for the striker position, Boateng is their man now...
  • JoshDFC
    The team is huge now and don't forget the players that Chelsea have out on loan :lol: Sessegnon will be a great addition
  • subpop
    Absolutely fantastic result! Who would have thought after City's initial goal. But Sessegnon acted as a huge star for his first memorable performance in a big game in a day to remember. Perhaps the change of manager was good after all.
  • LAboog4
    After the first City goal I thought it would be tough for Chelsea to bounce back but then they score 5 straight to dominate the match. Great result and Sess is paying off already.
  • DB1512
    FFBdect.png
  • DB1512
    @JoshDFC @subpop We have a huge squad and this will mean the next manager should cut off a large part of the squad. I think the ideal squad in the Premier League contains around 23 players and 3 or 4 youth players who can try to get playtime in the cupmatches. A big clean up will take place this summer and hopefully this will generate enough money to improve the squad in some key positions (I think we should get another topstriker after Higuain's loan ends and we don't have a worldclass centreback at the moment).
  • subpop
    Important game ahead. Napoli is not a minor rival, but one of the best teams in Italy and in Europe. It'll be a good test for Hiddink's team. I wish the team can build from the great victory against Manchester City, which was truly impressive.

About the future, willing to see which are the new plans of this Chelsea.
  • Wyojasond
    Some nice signings and what Chelsea really need. Showdown with Napoli won’t be easy. Quite possibly the two best teams left in the tournament.
  • DB1512
    VfIT21V.png
    @Wyojasond I think you can add both Manchester teams to the best teams still in the tournament.