Weekend league results. Better or worse after patch update?

mascherano16
1155 posts Professional
edited February 4
Always been a gold 2 player, sometimes easy, sometimes it's close.
Now for the first time i've reached Gold1 with 1 game to spare.

I never really used timed shooting before, so I didn't 'lose' an easy way to score in my gameplay

How is it for everyone else?

Comments

• JTID
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Gold 1 - the same as expected. Just more frustrating with more missed chances and a lot more extra time and penalty games.
  • mascherano16
    1155 posts Professional
    JTID wrote: »
    Gold 1 - the same as expected. Just more frustrating with more missed chances and a lot more extra time and penalty games.

Yeah had tons of 1vs1 chances that I missed, not sure what is the best way to finish them.
    Especially when 100% sprinting toward the GK, with a defender chasing you down
  • Zv1k0
    5878 posts Big Money Move
    Elite 3, same as last week but last week I got it in my last game. This week I had 3 games remaining.
  • Vezzo
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    The same
  • Retro_G
    28232 posts Player of the Year
    I didn't play, won't be playing on the current patch.
  • cule54
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Been gold 3, gold 2. Hit gold 1 for the first time ever with 1 game to spare. Don’t use timed finesse or any of that crap. Not sure patch made a diff for me but hey my best ever WL finish so maybe it did?
  • mascherano16
    1155 posts Professional
    cule54 wrote: »
    Been gold 3, gold 2. Hit gold 1 for the first time ever with 1 game to spare. Don’t use timed finesse or any of that crap. Not sure patch made a diff for me but hey my best ever WL finish so maybe it did?

Biggest difference for me is that I didn’t concede all those timed finesse shots.
    You have to break down a defense which is harder than scoring a finesse shot from the middle of the field
  • mascherano16
    1155 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »

Not prefering the update?
  • Retro_G
    28232 posts Player of the Year
    Retro_G wrote: »

Not prefering the update?

Nope, too random mate. I'm enjoying this new free Battleroyle game though, called "Apex Legends." It's from the makers of Modern Warfare 2.
  • SomeLegend
    1146 posts Professional
    Same 14 wins then done
  • Kobic
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’m not great, normally a 50% win ration and finish Gold 3 on a good weekend, normally stop at Silver 1 though once I’ve got the 2000 FUT Champs qualification points (family/work commitments).

My win percentage went up with the new patch but I got bored so the number of games went down, stopped playing at 8 wins and 5 losses.
  • shez82
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    Normally flirt between G3-G1, this week comfortable G1 and should have sneaked my first Elite finish if I hadn’t thrown a couple of wins with silly mistakes

At first I struggled with the gameplay, not the timed finesse element, just that it was different and I had to re-learn. Now, I find it better
  • cosminm
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Been gold 3 and 2 (2 weeks ago for the first time), and this weekend I finally reached gold 1. yay!
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    Back to gold 1. The patch before this where they boosted AI defending back to how it was knocked me back to gold 2 after being gold 1 before. Hopefully if they keep the timed finishing nerf and also nerf AI defending ill do even better.
  • Fatmanc
    1102 posts Professional
    Gold 2, 19 wins, same old same old for me

But got to my 14 wins a little bit quicker
  • miri
    2749 posts Fans' Favourite
    14-1, didn't have time to finish games. Better than usual.