define SWEATY (in FIFA)

Empyrium7
3783 posts National Call-Up
edited February 2019
so I've noticed that a lot of people use the terms "sweaty pass" or "sweaty goal" and I just wanted to know how do you guys define these terms ? or is it different in different countries.

in my opinion:

Sweaty pass: the pass that comes after running with a pacey winger on the sides and then cut inside (la croqueta, ball roll, etc) quick pass and first time shot.

Sweaty goal: first time shot after a sweaty pass from cutting inside, first timed finesse, blind ping pong 1-2s in a 4-1-2-1-2

sweaty player: players that try to exploit every broken mechanic in the game. players that don't care about scoring beautiful goals and they only play to win regardless of how they are getting the win or just try to annoy their opponents.

this thread just to know what people think or find sweaty.

how do you define ?
sweaty pass:
sweaty goal
sweaty player:

Comments

• BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    sweaty meant anything like playing with fast players only. so lobbed pass onto a pacey player to score. this game doesnt really have this..
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    sweaty
    /ˈswɛti/
    adjective
    exuding, soaked in, or inducing sweat.
    "my feet got so hot and sweaty"
    synonyms: perspiring, sweating, clammy, sticky, glowing, moist, damp, slimy, soggy, dripping, drenched
    "he rubbed his sweaty palms on his socks"
  • Empyrium7
    edited February 2019
    Fab wrote: »
    sweaty
    /ˈswɛti/
    adjective
    exuding, soaked in, or inducing sweat.
    "my feet got so hot and sweaty"
    synonyms: perspiring, sweating, clammy, sticky, glowing, moist, damp, slimy, soggy, dripping, drenched
    "he rubbed his sweaty palms on his socks"

:smiley: changed the title
  • Sidey_Funk
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Sweaty pass / goal would be if your saw one on one with keeper and you pass across to your other player for an easy tap in instead of trying to take on the keeper,

Sweaty player / team would be a player that usually builds him team purely on pace, no matter their shooting stats or defending they mainly look for pace
  • Mutu10gol
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    sweaty thread....
  • Deano2508
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone trying to win, god I hate those guys
  • Empyrium7
    Sidey_Funk wrote: »
    Sweaty pass / goal would be if your saw one on one with keeper and you pass across to your other player for an easy tap in instead of trying to take on the keeper,

Sweaty player / team would be a player that usually builds him team purely on pace, no matter their shooting stats or defending they mainly look for pace

yes forgot to mention the first point. hate these type of players.

between me and my friends. sweaty players are the players that try to exploit all the broken mechanics in the game (timed finesse, AI defending, Constant pressure, etc)
  • Sidey_Funk
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    Sidey_Funk wrote: »

yes forgot to mention the first point. hate these type of players.

between me and my friends. sweaty players are the players that try to exploit all the broken mechanics in the game (timed finesse, AI defending, Constant pressure, etc)

I wouldnt so much call those players sweaty and example being i like to use players i just enjoy, e.g Reus as he is my favorite player IRL but sometimes i suffer in matches because i have to use some players that arent "Meta" so sometimes players just follow thw trends of the game to help them win
  • Argentus
    672 posts An Exciting Prospect
    That instant near post corner goal before you can switch to defender is THE definition of a sweaty goal!
  • Sidey_Funk
    Argentus wrote: »
    That instant near post corner goal before you can switch to defender is THE definition of a sweaty goal!

Your best bet there is to move your goal keeper closer to the near post man and then hold Triangle when the corner is taken
  • D0lvl
    4771 posts Big Money Move
    From my online experience, it seems like ALL sweaty players use EPL squads lol. Sane as CDM. Vardy or Jesus as ST.

• Skinner249
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sweaty goal - always been a pass across the keeper for a tap in to an empty net

Sweaty player - trying his absolute best to get the win, will do anything or play any style to get that W
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Skinner249 wrote: »

Sweaty player - trying his absolute best to get the win, will do anything or play any style to get that W

Quite the essence when it comes to competitive play, no?
  • Skinner249
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Skinner249 wrote: »

Quite the essence when it comes to competitive play, no?

Not always been competitive chief.
  • Idek
    17619 posts World Class
    Anybody that beats you is a sweaty tryhard
  • Professor
    4110 posts National Call-Up
    Players that wear their full gym suits, headband and have Gatorade just to play some fifa.
  • BorussenBernie09
    2092 posts Fans' Favourite
    A sweaty goal is a goal, which wouldn't go in in Real life. Typical Ping-pong Glitch Goal.

A sweaty Player isn't a skilled Player, he only knows best how to exploit broken game mechanics.

Sweaty pass is a ping pong pass.
  • ValtorSadek
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Constant pressure
    Tramping it across the goal
    Near post headers
    Sitting deep with 4231

I would have said lb+y abusing but that's not really a thing anymore
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Sweaty;

What would make someone sweat?? Constantly sprinting.

Sweaty/sweating is usually players who do nothing but sprint the entire game or rely almost solely on abusing pace to score goals.

Imho passing around a keeper isn't a sweaty goal in itself, what makes it sweaty is if a player held sprint down the whole pitch no build up play, then either tries a 1 2 or a square ball in front of keeper to sweaty player2 after basically just holding sprint and no build up.

Sweaty players are generally likely to just try abuse any easy glitch/mechanic.

But they're generally angstily holding sprint and impatient for the duration of 90 minutes.
  • RadioShaq
    19800 posts Moderator
    It’s now called meta.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Doesn’t sweaty come from try hard because there hands will be sweating ?

Anyway, I thought of all the thing about mentioned been sweaty, then I thought ‘well they’re just trying to win, maybe we’re salty that we lose’?

Now I don’t know. I’m off to win 10 WL games so I don’t feel like I miss out Thursday.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    My personal definition of sweaty is people who use "meta" or have a win at all costs mentality.
  • Empyrium7
    Doesn’t sweaty come from try hard because there hands will be sweating ?

Anyway, I thought of all the thing about mentioned been sweaty, then I thought ‘well they’re just trying to win, maybe we’re salty that we lose’?

Now I don’t know. I’m off to win 10 WL games so I don’t feel like I miss out Thursday.

but no all losses feels sweaty.
    sometimes you lose a match to good player, and sometimes you lose because someones is sweaty and trying to abuse all the broken mechanics to win.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Four games today, three players played drop back, fast build up and spammed crosses. Those three are sweaty players.
  • Empyrium7
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Four games today, three players played drop back, fast build up and spammed crosses. Those three are sweaty players.

played 19 games over the weekend.
    12 games against PTB AI defending (worst games)
    2 games against constant pressure ( okay games)
    the rest are balanced or pressure on heavy touch/possession lost (most fun games)
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

the rest are balanced or pressure on heavy touch/possession lost (most fun games)

Exactly. And you know, I can understand why people sweat in DR and WL. I'd never do it but rewards so you know. But it happens in H2H. When you just play games for nothing.
  • fussydutchman
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sweaty = Feeding it to FB Ibra 25 times a game even when your opponent has effectively shut it down.

I played at least four teams this week that barely touched the ball except with Ibra.
  • Empyrium7
    edited February 2019

Exactly. And you know, I can understand why people sweat in DR and WL. I'd never do it but rewards so you know. But it happens in H2H. When you just play games for nothing.

some people are sweaty no matter what. this is the first year I play FUT. I used to play seasons.
    Seasons had way less sweaty players, you will face one in every 5 games or so. in FUT you will face 3 or 4 in every 5 games.

it's like you have to suffer in 3 or 4 games to play a fun good game in FUT
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

some people are sweaty no matter what. this is the first year I play FUT. I used to play seasons.
    Seasons had way less sweaty players, you will face one in every 5 games or so. in FUT you will face 3 or 4 in every 5 games.

it's like you have to suffer in 3 or 4 games to play a fun good game in FUT

Last year I realised H2H is just as bad, quite often, but because of chem styles and XI sweat players instead of a few it becomes even worse.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    If you guys find 'sweaty' to be synonymous with 'competitive' then the slang is obsolete. I remember when 'sweaty' signified "cheap" cutback goals and the use of inexpensive rapid players back in 2010. Popularised by KSI until it became viral.