The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Have they reversed the patch?

MUFC_420
2402 posts Fans' Favourite
Was out all weekend and haven't played since Friday night but turned on and played a couple of games today and all of a sudden people are scoring timed finesse shots again from outside the box.

Tried 3 green timed finesse shots and they all went in whereas last week they were either going just wide or hitting the post. I don't abuse these was only testing them out.

Has anyone else been scoring or conceding against timed finesse shots?

Comments

• kayron16
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not really, the odd one goes in, doesn’t even need to be timed. In order to reverse the patch they’d need a new patch....
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2019
    You need to remember they didn't stop timed finishing they just made it harder, people are still going to score them it's just not as easy.

They made it harder to score a finesse shot, timed or otherwise, with a lot of power. They made it harder to score a first time finesse timed etc.

If you're stood at the top corner of the box with enough time to double tap the finesse shot buttons you've still got a good chance of scoring one.

To be honest, I think that's right. It is realistic, it does happen in actual football, its a good spot to score from. They won't remove it entirely.

What should have stopped is the ridiculous first time from behind blasted forty yard top bins timed finesse efforts. I mean it's theoretically still possible to score like that but you'll probably miss twenty odd for every one that goes in.
  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    You need to remember they didn't stop timed finishing they just made it harder, people are still going to score them it's just not as easy.

They made it harder to score a finesse shot, timed or otherwise, with a lot of power. They made it harder to score a first time finesse timed etc.

If you're stood at the top corner of the box with enough time to double tap the finesse shot buttons you've still got a good chance of scoring one.

To be honest, I think that's right. It is realistic, it does happen in actual football, its a good spot to score from. They won't remove it entirely.

What should have stopped is the ridiculous first time from behind blasted forty yard top bins timed finesse efforts. I mean it's theoretically still possible to score like that but you'll probably miss twenty odd for every one that goes in.

I agree with this. If you get into the correct shooting position then a finesse shot should always be an option available. Just seemed a bit strange that I didn't play for a few days then came back and people were using them alot more.

Probably just took people a few days to get used to the patch and figure out what works and what doesn't.