Any Family Man here and if yes, how do you get time to play Fifa 19?

makkan00
532 posts An Exciting Prospect
I hope I do not get crushed in youngsters here. Just wanted to find out if there are other fathers here and how do they get time to play Fifa.

My side:
So, I used to play FIFA 98 and moved on to Fifa 2003 in my days.

I finished university in 2003 and got involved in job hunting and professional work in 2004 and hardly got time to stay in touch with fifa scene!

In 2017, I got some free time and started playing Fifa again.

Currently, I am a family man with two kids and working as a medic (stressful job). So, I hardly get time and when I do, I like playing fifa to enjoy.

I still have love for the football and passion, however struggling to get time to play Fifa.

This mean that I cannot play WL (working 6 days and one day is for family). So, WL is very hard to play.

I end up playing SB and division rivals when I get time. Having said that, I get semi-decent rewards and have not had any meta player in my packs as of yet.

This is my side and wants to know how is other fathers managing their Fifa.

I feel like I should retire playing Fifa as family life get compromised. And my wife moans as sometimes, I am playing Fifa when its time to go to bed!

Any secrets/tips on how to continue playing Fifa as a father?

PS: I really wish that EA had managed to keep fathers (by creating a group or sub-group, where you compete amongst your age fellow and perhaps fewer games as WL).

Comments

• RadioShaq
    20505 posts Moderator
    Trading will be easier and more efficient than playing. So try that and then you can just play singles casually.
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maybe don't try to adapt to modern FIFA? It demands far more time these days.

In 2003 you'll have played career mode when playing alone, now career mode isn't great anymore but demands far less time. It's much easier just to pick up and play whenever.
  • TalentFG
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    Trading on the app and squad battles/rivals is generally the way to go.

There are way more important things than Fifa. It’s just a bit of fun and shouldn’t stop you being present in the moment.

If you fancy some relaxed friendlies give me a message.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    edited February 2019
    I have a job and a family. I still manage to play albeit not a lot.

On work days i play a couple/few games on a morning before picking kids up at 3 and going to work at 4.

Then get home at half 11, have some food, sometimes get a game or 2 in, take the dogs out, have a bath and then chill watching some tv before going to sleep and starting again.

On my days off i get some decent time to play if i dont have plans. Wife sometimes complains that "all i do is play fifa" but she knows i dont, she just likes to pipe up with a bit of attitude. Its the 1 thing outside of working and family life i have to myself and wouldnt give it up for anyone. Im close to giving it up myself anyway.

Edit: i dont get time for weekend league either as my days off are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. But i really dont care, its ❤️❤️❤️❤️ anyway. You should be glad. I like to just play for fun, so should you.
  • makkan00
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Trading will be easier and more efficient than playing. So try that and then you can just play singles casually.

Thanks buddy, I find it more enjoyable to play than trading. Trading requires time to start with and when you have decent coins, then you invest smartly. I see where you are coming from, but for me it will be boring and that means less playing.
  • TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    Yep, 32 with 3 sons aged 12, 10 and 9 and a 17 year old step daughter. Usually play in the evenings and play half WL games in the daytime on a Friday
  • ROCKNROLLA
    1158 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get up at stupid o'clock in the morning. Let my son eat his breakfast and play his xbox while I play, leaving the missus in bed is a must

:joy: honestly thought I was alone in this, Netflix for the Mrs has been a god send also!
  • makkan00
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    On work days i play a couple/few games on a morning before picking kids up at 3 and going to work at 4.
    You mean 3 am?

Wife sometimes complains that "all i do is play fifa" but she knows i dont, she just likes to pipe up with a bit of attitude.

I used to get this and still get this. I have told my Mrs one day

'I do not waste money, don't drink, no drugs, no prostitutes, don't waste money on cars (which I do ;) ), loyal to you and family and all I want is to play Fifa (*ahm ahm* / on daily basis). Do you want me to stop it and start feeling miserable?'
    Funny that this trick worked. Now she does not say much but asks the kids 'Do you like your daddy playing games' and the response is 'Worst time when baba play Fifa'. So, I get the message indirectly. I may given up playing as you said as some days I really feel guilty that I am not giving them enough time.

Funny thing is that most of my packs are opened by my kids (2/3 by them and 1/3 by myself). So far, I am the only one who packed all the walkouts.
  • makkan00

Edit: i dont get time for weekend league either as my days off are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. But i really dont care, its **** anyway. You should be glad. I like to just play for fun, so should you.

I see the point, but EA has given the best rewards to WL and SB. It seems that accounts are linked to how much you play and your skill level. And that is where we fathers lack time to play and get meta players.
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    you should have some fun in your life too, cant just work only
  • makkan00
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    Yep, 32 with 3 sons aged 12, 10 and 9 and a 17 year old step daughter. Usually play in the evenings and play half WL games in the daytime on a Friday

I think it is hard to get or hit Gold 1-3 if you get limited time to play.

One game takes approximately 20 minutes.

30 games WL X 20 minutes = 600 minutes = 10 hours of Fifa over Fri/ Sat/ Sun. If you spread it on three days then it is 3.33 hours/day over the weekend.

And you cannot finish 10 games in one go which means 3-4 hours in 1-2 sessions/day. Its a lot of commitment and no wonder why Mrs do not like it.

Respect to you fella as you are managing it with three kids. Hope your partner does not moan a lot!

• makkan00
    ROCKNROLLA wrote: »
    Get up at stupid o'clock in the morning. Let my son eat his breakfast and play his xbox while I play, leaving the missus in bed is a must

:joy: honestly thought I was alone in this, Netflix for the Mrs has been a god send also!

Lolz, my Mrs is unique. No interest in any of netflix / amazon etc. She likes chatting with the hubby / kids and going out over the weekend. A lovely lady bar when she tells me not to play Fifa.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32927 posts National Team Captain
    edited February 2019
    With great difficulty, I get most of my Fifa done between 11pm - 1am.

And I never get to play weekdays because of work.
  • TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    makkan00 wrote: »
    TimRUFC wrote: »

I think it is hard to get or hit Gold 1-3 if you get limited time to play.

One game takes approximately 20 minutes.

30 games WL X 20 minutes = 600 minutes = 10 hours of Fifa over Fri/ Sat/ Sun. If you spread it on three days then it is 3.33 hours/day over the weekend.

And you cannot finish 10 games in one go which means 3-4 hours in 1-2 sessions/day. Its a lot of commitment and no wonder why Mrs do not like it.

Respect to you fella as you are managing it with three kids. Hope your partner does not moan a lot!

Oh she definitely complains lol but I’m the same as above, apart from the odd away game I don’t go out drinking or being frivolous with money so I think she knows which side her bread is buttered if you know what I mean
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    You mean 3 am?

Wife sometimes complains that "all i do is play fifa" but she knows i dont, she just likes to pipe up with a bit of attitude.

I used to get this and still get this. I have told my Mrs one day

'I do not waste money, don't drink, no drugs, no prostitutes, don't waste money on cars (which I do ;) ), loyal to you and family and all I want is to play Fifa (*ahm ahm* / on daily basis). Do you want me to stop it and start feeling miserable?'
    Funny that this trick worked. Now she does not say much but asks the kids 'Do you like your daddy playing games' and the response is 'Worst time when baba play Fifa'. So, I get the message indirectly. I may given up playing as you said as some days I really feel guilty that I am not giving them enough time.

Funny thing is that most of my packs are opened by my kids (2/3 by them and 1/3 by myself). So far, I am the only one who packed all the walkouts.

Nah. Me and the wife take turns getting up for school with the bairn throughout the week. I get her up then play fifa for a few hours from around 11/12 til about 3pm. Go pick the kids up and leave for work about 3:45.

I dont pay attention to my wife when she conplains. Iv already told her i wont give it up until i am ready to give it up. Plus she will complain about anything, she just likes to hear the sound of her own voice :lol:

Yeah i also get her to open my packs. She gets better luck that me and always asks if she can open my packs :lol:
  • o0OainavO0o
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite
    Still manage wl with a 22 month old, separated from the mother, girlfriend likes to play fifa and watch me play fifa. Not working on the weekends is a huge help.
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    34 - very glad to say I don't have kids so have plenty of FIFA time!
  • BackDaddy
    3322 posts National Call-Up
    Key is to get all jobs etc out of the way, I usually only play once missus goes to bed. Keep in mind if you start playing wl etc. It can become quite addictive and U find yourself grinding games to get rewards when you aren't actually enjoying the game.

I got a bit carried away last year so had the first couple of months off this year, now starting to pick up again played my first wl last week, if I start getting addicted again I will need another break haha.
  • makkan00
    With great difficulty, I get most of my Fifa done between 11pm - 1am.

And I never get to play weekdays because of work.

Do you play WL only?
  • makkan00

Yeah i also get her to open my packs. She gets better luck that me and always asks if she can open my packs :lol:

I have asked my Mrs to open the packs and she declined it every single time. Kids love doing it!
  • LeonidasJB
    22576 posts Club Captain
    I have a son and work obscure hrs. And I am just about my training as night shift manager tonight.
    I just play when my son is asleep or is busy doing his own thing with his toys or Xbox.

He has his own Xbox and plays a bit of Overwatch, Fortnite, Lego games, Injustice, Minecraft and a few others.
    If he is happy playing and the Mrs is keeping an eye on him, I will go and squeeze in a few games.

Sometimes my playing gets cut short because he might suddenly want me too play something with him or build/rebuild his lego etc.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain

I have asked my Mrs to open the packs and she declined it every single time. Kids love doing it!

Oh iv had my wife opening packs too. She pulled me RTTF Costa and EUL Matheiu :lol:
  • makkan00
    Still manage wl with a 22 month old, separated from the mother, girlfriend likes to play fifa and watch me play fifa. Not working on the weekends is a huge help.
    Lucky you that you GF likes playing it.

Don't tell me that the mother of 22 months old left because of fifa as that will be dramatic!
  • BcfcDale88
    7565 posts League Winner
    I have 1 year old twins and I usually play at night. They are great sleepers so get to stay on most nights
  • makkan00
    BackDaddy wrote: »
    Key is to get all jobs etc out of the way, I usually only play once missus goes to bed. Keep in mind if you start playing wl etc. It can become quite addictive and U find yourself grinding games to get rewards when you aren't actually enjoying the game.

I agree with the addictive thingy as I got addicted to it.

Re: Playing late is a no-no here as then she'll have to sleep alone. I guess her point is 'what's the point of living like a single parent and sleeping alone when your partner is playing FIFA?'

You are lucky if she does not moan when you are playing late.

• makkan00
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    I have a son and work obscure hrs. And I am just about my training as night shift manager tonight.
    I just play when my son is asleep or is busy doing his own thing with his toys or Xbox.

He has his own Xbox and plays a bit of Overwatch, Fortnite, Lego games, Injustice, Minecraft and a few others.
    If he is happy playing and the Mrs is keeping an eye on him, I will go and squeeze in a few games.

Sometimes my playing gets cut short because he might suddenly want me too play something with him or build/rebuild his lego etc.

One of the reason, I told my kids to stick with ipad games. No xbox for the kids, as they will be playing more than me.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain

Re: Playing late is a no-no here as then she'll have to sleep alone. I guess her point is 'what's the point of living like a single parent and sleeping alone when your partner is playing FIFA?'

Retweet.

This is why i play during the day or while she is in the bath.
  • BackDaddy
    3322 posts National Call-Up

She much prefers it if I am nowhere near her haha. On weekends I usually get up at 5 or 6 and she sleeps til 8 or 9 so I can get a few hours if the baby stays asleep.
  • dylwms
    2545 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play when the wife goes to bed, sometimes I'm in the doghouse for it. Though she seems to understand when WL is on. Other than that when my daughter is in school or I'm home alone. Working shifts though makes it even more difficult