Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• Seandimes
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    I didnt like him there, his defending really is too bad for the position.
  • Nivaze
    2319 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »
    688-E17-A1-03-BD-4-FDB-9935-8-F64-B5-EFDDC6.jpg

Would Socrates work in midfield? He has the height and shooting while Bradley would do the dirty work. Any suggestions?? Thinking of selling up KDB pre TOTS

Don’t think that will work, I feel like you really need good defending physical CDMs to make this formation work otherwise you lose the midfield battle. I actually think it’s the most important position as @Seandimes said a few times already.
  • Seandimes
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nivaze wrote: »

Would Socrates work in midfield? He has the height and shooting while Bradley would do the dirty work. Any suggestions?? Thinking of selling up KDB pre TOTS

Don’t think that will work, I feel like you really need good defending physical CDMs to make this formation work otherwise you lose the midfield battle. I actually think it’s the most important position as @Seandimes said a few times already.

Yea, thats what I noticed most after almost 1000 games with the formation now. Having two physical cdms that can defend well, pass well and idealy have a longshot on them is really key to the formation. Otherwise you will just get overrun in midfield, especially against teams that use high press.
  • Nivaze
    Seandimes wrote: »

Yea, thats what I noticed most after almost 1000 games with the formation now. Having two physical cdms that can defend well, pass well and idealy have a longshot on them is really key to the formation. Otherwise you will just get overrun in midfield, especially against teams that use high press.

Yeah agreed, thats what’s why I don’t really like Pogba in this formation, he has the physical presence and attacking ability but he lacks aggression and defensive ability combined with his H/L workrates it just makes him too attacking.

He works better in a formation like 4231 next to someone like Kante as a more offensive CDM.
  • limjitwe
    6739 posts Big Money Move
    So who would you recommend for this set up? Either BPL or icon looking at it. Or I might just downgrade to UCL KDB and keep 1.4mil of coins.
  • Nivaze
    So who would you recommend for this set up? Either BPL or icon looking at it. Or I might just downgrade to UCL KDB and keep 1.4mil of coins.

I honestly would keep KDB, otherwise get 88 or even 90 Petit, you could also look at Matthaus or Ballack. Not many good prem options IMO, maybe Pogba but his NIF doesn’t cut it or FFS Guendouzi.
  • limjitwe

I honestly would keep KDB, otherwise get 88 or even 90 Petit, you could also look at Matthaus or Ballack. Not many good prem options IMO, maybe Pogba but his NIF doesn’t cut it or FFS Guendouzi.

Yeah well I do mean to eventually buy him back. This is just more being waiting for the big crash to tide myself thru April. I had PIM Petit and sold him away. Bradley has been good although lack petit’s goals. But I can accommodate it with KDB around.

Wouldn’t Ballack be too defensive with high defensive? Had his prime but sold away as he was 1.8mil that time.

Matthaus 91 or 88 looks interesting. I might just get one of the IF POGBA as a stop gap. His HL might work with Bradley as a compliment.

• Wonderfulwest
    4639 posts National Call-Up
    Gonna try this formation out as I need to try something fresh. Reading through the last few pages. Shocked there’s not a lot of love for PIM Bergkamp, his new work rated suit him perfectly. Granted I’m playing him in the CF role in a 4411 but his creativity is sublime. Dribbling is on par with the NIF Messi I had, and his shooting is pretty much a automatic misslie destined for the top corner.

But hey not everyone likes the same players I hated Mbappe and Neymar.
  • Menloh
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Menloh wrote: »
    Will try this squad soon. First time I tried 442(2) it didnt work out for me. Will try a more possesion style play.

CD6-E47-D5-333-A-45-B4-82-B9-DF3160-BAD0-B3.png

Give the new custom tactics I posted a try. Same defensive wise, but a bit easier to create goals with.

Decided I wont do the Bergkamp sbc. Did the loan, and he is definitely good, but not really elite except for his shooting. Really hoping they bringt the Kluivert SBC today. Loved his base version in the beginning of the team, and he would complement Butra very well

You mean the instructions from your 1st post?

Instructions:

Strikers: none

Wide midfielders: get into the box for crosses

CDMs: Stay back while attacking

Fullbacks: none or stay back while attacking.

Custom tactics:

Defensive style: balanced
    Width: 4
    Depth: 4

Offensive style: long ball
    Width: 6
    Players in box: 5
  • limjitwe
    Gonna try this formation out as I need to try something fresh. Reading through the last few pages. Shocked there’s not a lot of love for PIM Bergkamp, his new work rated suit him perfectly. Granted I’m playing him in the CF role in a 4411 but his creativity is sublime. Dribbling is on par with the NIF Messi I had, and his shooting is pretty much a automatic misslie destined for the top corner.

I liked him. He was finishing everything for me. More than prime Cruyff. But at that time 1.9 mil was his price. I sold him on because I believe he shouldn’t be so exp. thankfully I did cause his SBC looks way too cheap.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4639 posts National Call-Up

I liked him. He was finishing everything for me. More than prime Cruyff. But at that time 1.9 mil was his price. I sold him on because I believe he shouldn’t be so exp. thankfully I did cause his SBC looks way too cheap.

I did his SBC for practically free, so many untradables. And needed up gaining 88 petit from the sale of the prime
  • Nivaze
    As I have no team I played a few games in H2H with Barcelona. I like the new custom tactics alot but I prefer balanced over drop back.

Messi on target man instructions is great, he gets way more involved than on balanced and Suarez is surprisingly good.
  • diavolo
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As I have no team I played a few games in H2H with Barcelona. I like the new custom tactics alot but I prefer balanced over drop back.

Messi on target man instructions is great, he gets way more involved than on balanced and Suarez is surprisingly good.

nice Topic, I loved the 442 with mancity with jesus and aguero up top, kdb and fernandinho at cdm. Worked great!
  • Seandimes
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 21
    diavolo wrote: »

nice Topic, I loved the 442 with mancity with jesus and aguero up top, kdb and fernandinho at cdm. Worked great!

me too, same setup :) Took the untradeable rewards from DR, and got Marcelo + couple of 83 and 84 players. Good steps towards my next sbc playr.
  • Nivaze
    Decided to go with this squad as soon as FUT Birthday drops. Decided to play Mahrez over Mbappe as I prefer a left footed player on the left and Mbappe’s passing can be annoying at times.

2aiiqkh.jpg[IMG][/img]
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3933 posts National Call-Up
    Will prime ballack and FB De rossi work well as my 2 cdms?
  • Nivaze

Both have high/med workrates so that will be too defensive IMO.
  • Seandimes
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Nivaze any problems with the m/m workrates on Mahrez?

@Bilbao_Baggins Two m/h cdms is too defensive. You definitely can get away with using one of them, but we need at least one midfielder that pushes up the field and helps out in attack
  • Nivaze
    @Seandimes his workrates can be annoying but I manually trigger runs alot and I usually dribble alot with my wingers so I think it’s not the biggest issue.

I feel like his dribbling is better than Mbappe’s, Mbappe only really works when you have space.

I guess you can’t have everything with a limited budget, and as he and Walker are untradeable it’s the best choice to use them and upgrade that position later on again.
  • diavolo
    would you guys prefer baby gullit over petit?
  • Seandimes
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 21
    No, base gullit is just not a good card
  • diavolo
    No, base gullit is just not a good card

did you tried him? His ingame stats are pretty good
  • Seandimes
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yea I tried him this FIFA and last. Really average card, especially for the price, and has nothing that makes the other Gullit versions so good
  • Nivaze

He has M/M workrates and only 76 stamina, don’t get fooled by his name. The 86 card is horrible. Even Paulinho (who is pretty good) and Nainggolan are better at a fraction of the price.
  • Kaptentegel
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect

Both have high/med workrates so that will be too defensive IMO.

I got fb De Rossi and fb Bradley both on balanced and for me its working really well

• diavolo

He has M/M workrates and only 76 stamina, don’t get fooled by his name. The 86 card is horrible. Even Paulinho (who is pretty good) and Nainggolan are better at a fraction of the price.

damm, the stamina could be a real issue
  • Seandimes
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not only the stamina, also 67 aggression. He s just really average, with no standout strength except for his height and 5*wf
  • Shadows070
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 22
    What do you guys think?
    (i sold my main and fitness team but planning to buy back soon)

Currently my team with untradables except the gold cards:
    EIJVWjg.jpg

Im planning on changing
    Kante - Lerma
    Aguero - Son
    Felipe Anderson (TIF) - Willian
    Sterling (IF) - David Silva

Rest of the coins will go in to a Bundasliga team with untradable Rivaldo as right striker.
    Post edited by Shadows070 on
  • Nivaze
    Shadows070 wrote: »
    What do you guys think?
    (i sold my main and fitness team but planning to buy back soon)

Currently my team with untradables except the gold cards:
    EIJVWjg.jpg

Im planning on changing
    Kante - Lerma
    Aguero - Son
    Felipe Anderson (TIF) - Willian
    Sterling (IF) - David Silva

Rest of the coins will go in to a Bundasliga team with untradable Rivaldo as right striker.

I personally wouldn’t play Kante in that role, someone like Pogba will be better.

TIF Anderson is amazing, highly recommend him, Sterling also seems good as a winger and Aguero is great.
  • Nivaze
    I think I can get either 85 or 88 Ferdinand with Sandro instead of Ramos and Marcelo.

Would that be worth it?