Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• EnzoGambaro
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Weekend league has been an absolute pain in the **** again. Formation is working well and creating plenty of chances but between totally inconsistent gameplay, being no-loss glitched twice, Frenkie De Jong going lame, Ederson suddenly deciding to stop using his hands and seemingly conceding to the first shot on target in every single match, sometimes you wonder if it's really worth all the effort. :/

Still, replaced De Jong with Aouar who seems to be a lot better. Him and Petit are forming a nice solid wall in the middle. Hoping that I've finally got a midfield that I'll actually stick with.

Hope everyone else's weekend has gone a little better than mine. Good luck for the final stretch tonight.
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 17
    ASX wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    diavolo wrote: »
    yeah, maybe i try this. But the next question is, is Rabiot good enough to replace De Bruyne? I like his normal card but is he good enough for the big battles in WL with all the icon coming up... not sure.

btw. just saw https://www.futbin.com/19/player/19471/Marçal/ with Shadow looks pretty good.

I m not a fan of Rabiot, but he seems to work for a lot of people. If you want to keep KdB, one of the Sane versions would also be a good option.

Added the new custom tactics to the guide, and will slowly be uploading gameplay videos vs different formations and opponents to the guide.
    Since 10 minutes of only gameplay might be a bit dull to watch, I was thinking of commentating over the matches. That would allow me to go into much greater detail about how I intend the formation to play than its possible in written form. Would you guys be interested in smth like that?

Anyways, first video I added to the guide:

VS a 433-4/4231 opponent. Felt I played quite well in the game, and held the opponent to 1 shot on target. Although I felt myself tilting a bit middle of the match due to some of the chances i missed :D

Nice.

What camera settings do you have?

Tele Broadcast 20 height 0 zoom.

@EnzoGambaro I wouldnt sweat it too much, we all know how frustrating games get when the gameplay is bad. I m contemplating quitting WL alltogether, since I enjoy DR much more, and the WL rewards just dont seem worth it unless you finish elite and higher.

What I was wondering lately: How do you approach games where you are 2-0 up against counter-attacking opponents, and theres still plenty of time to play?
    I used to try and see these games out with keeping possession and attacking very carefully. But we all know how it goes, opponent scores one lucky goal, and we are in trouble.
    Lately I just keep on playing as before and go for a third goal, and that seems to work much better. Downside is that it plays right into their gameplan of just sitting back and hitting you on the counter
  • Nivaze
    2319 posts Fans' Favourite
    Weekend league has been an absolute pain in the **** again. Formation is working well and creating plenty of chances but between totally inconsistent gameplay, being no-loss glitched twice, Frenkie De Jong going lame, Ederson suddenly deciding to stop using his hands and seemingly conceding to the first shot on target in every single match, sometimes you wonder if it's really worth all the effort. :/

Still, replaced De Jong with Aouar who seems to be a lot better. Him and Petit are forming a nice solid wall in the middle. Hoping that I've finally got a midfield that I'll actually stick with.

Hope everyone else's weekend has gone a little better than mine. Good luck for the final stretch tonight.

FS Aouar? I’m considering to get him. Isn’t he too small?

• EnzoGambaro
    @Seandimes It's all cool. No matter how well or badly the weekend seems to go, always seem to get same number of wins more or less so it evens itself out.

As for how to approach being 2-0 up, I think you're right to just carry on playing on exactly the same way as you did to get to that position. And don't be afraid to boot the ball as far away from your goal as possible. I've conceded so many times from a winning position by trying to play from the back and a pass goes astray, so now I just get it up pitch when they're pressing high. It's not the way I like to play but sometimes it's the only way.
  • Nivaze
    @Seandimes commentary would be nice, maybe explain how the formation works and how to attack for people who are new to the formation.

I might post some gameplay too once I got my team. I feel like I play my best ever fifa with 442. I’m actually consistent in D2 now and I hit E3 in WL, used to struggle in D4 before switching to 442.
  • EnzoGambaro
    Nivaze wrote: »

FS Aouar? I’m considering to get him. Isn’t he too small?

I worried a little about his height but he's surrounded by giants in my team (Kurzawa, Rudiger, Petit etc) so I haven't noticed it being an issue yet. His stats are amazing. I wouldn't say he's felt as good as he looks on paper, but he's definitely the best attacking cdm I've had so far. And his shot is a thunderbolt.
  • burken
    89 posts Park Captain
    would u guys rate orange Rodrigo over Suarez? That 91 pace against Suarez's 80 looks nice hehe
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes motm Rodrigo is way better than Suárez. Fast, great shot and has good strength. Plus 4* skills. Only slight downside is the weakfoot
  • burken
    89 posts Park Captain
    edited March 17
    Yes motm Rodrigo is way better than Suárez. Fast, great shot and has good strength. Plus 4* skills. Only slight downside is the weakfoot

so weird. sold suarez for 85k and rodrigo is going for like 35k

a good time to buy is tomorrow, monday, right?

hmm also what chem style would u use on rodrigo?
  • Saiber_Summia
    543 posts An Exciting Prospect
    4222 vs 41212 large

How would you compare the two formations?

I play the 41212 and the reason is that I find it a bit more balanced as the CAM can grant me a bit more shots/goals, as the LM/RM have in general pretty low gpg statistics (except Mbappè TOTY 🙄), and in my teams usually even lower than for the rest of the people...
  • burken
    89 posts Park Captain
    36499b619fd6efcd02051093c1f48756.jpg

do u guys think this right hand side will be fine? or should I replace Lala with IF Nelson Semedo to get Bale to full chem? (Bale will get 7 when I buy him and pos. change him)
  • Nivaze
    burken wrote: »
    36499b619fd6efcd02051093c1f48756.jpg

do u guys think this right hand side will be fine? or should I replace Lala with IF Nelson Semedo to get Bale to full chem? (Bale will get 7 when I buy him and pos. change him)

Replace Lala with any La Liga RB, no point in playing Lala if you don’t play Mbappe there. Semedo is a good shout, you could also get IF De Marcos who seems like a good option.
  • EnzoGambaro
    Aouar update....he's not worth the coins. Started off well but just became anonymous in tight games.
  • Nivaze
    Aouar update....he's not worth the coins. Started off well but just became anonymous in tight games.

Thanks for the update, I’ll scrap him off my list then. I’ll probably settle with Petit and Pogba in the end.

You ever tried FS Guendouzi?
  • EnzoGambaro

Thanks for the update, I’ll scrap him off my list then. I’ll probably settle with Petit and Pogba in the end.

I was considering Guendouzi as my next purchase. I can't make my mind up about these FS players. Some are brilliant (De Ligt, Eder Militao, Alphonso Davies) and others are really underwhelming and don't seem to play to their stats at all (De Jong, Aouar).
  • Nivaze

I was considering Guendouzi as my next purchase. I can't make my mind up about these FS players. Some are brilliant (De Ligt, Eder Militao, Alphonso Davies) and others are really underwhelming and don't seem to play to their stats at all (De Jong, Aouar).

Yeah I have this issue too, when I bought Mendy I expected him to be awesome but he’s always out of position and plays nowhere near his stats suggest.
  • Saiber_Summia

Yeah I have this issue too, when I bought Mendy I expected him to be awesome but he’s always out of position and plays nowhere near his stats suggest.

Ferland Mendy?
  • Nivaze

Ferland Mendy?

Yeah, he’s pretty underwhelming IMO.
  • Saiber_Summia
    I have the card as well, honestly not a big difference from many other ones much cheaper.
    The point is that on left there is not so much with decent defensive skills.
  • Nivaze
    I have the card as well, honestly not a big difference from many other ones much cheaper.
    The point is that on left there is not so much with decent defensive skills.

For 50k you have Marcelo who does the job perfectly with a shadow, Lala on the other hand is the best RB I’ve used this year.
  • Saiber_Summia
    edited March 17
    The unique issue with Marcelo is the fact he has low defensive workrate, whatever does this mean...
  • xEvoStevo
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mostly running a new tactic with drop back and more players in the box, think I already posted it a couple pages ago:

Drop back 6 width 5 depth
    longball 5 width 7 players in box

Sean, could you advise your full new ct’s and player instructions?

Also how much possession do you normally get with your tactics and what division do you use this in?
  • CovLee_Candice
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    Finished 14-6 comfortably. I love kante and modric as pairing once again.
  • diavolo
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 18
    after 26 games this WL i have to say that Witsel OTW with Shadow did a great job. Maybe an option for one of you who is bored of Premier League or the other guys. And for only 55k coins! :wink:
  • Saiber_Summia
    4222 vs 41212 large

I play the 41212 and the reason is that I find it a bit more balanced as the CAM can grant me a bit more shots/goals, as the LM/RM have in general pretty low gpg statistics (except Mbappè TOTY 🙄), and in my teams usually even lower than for the rest of the people...

I quote myself. As the two formations can be compared, pros/cons?
    I hope this is not too much OT, but indeed Im interested to get opinions as 4222 could be a nice try for me to experience something different...
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    4222 vs 41212 large

in 4222 and 442(2) you mostly attack through the wings, since you dont have a cam like in the 41212. Both are a lot more solid in defense due to the 2 cdms. The 41212 wide is pretty tricky to defend with, since you only have the one cdm, and almost no midfielders to help him out.
    xEvoStevo wrote: »
    Mostly running a new tactic with drop back and more players in the box, think I already posted it a couple pages ago:

Drop back 6 width 5 depth
    longball 5 width 7 players in box

Sean, could you advise your full new ct’s and player instructions?

Also how much possession do you normally get with your tactics and what division do you use this in?

Sure. CT are the ones you quoted. Player instructions are still the same. Get into the box for crosses on the wide midfielders, stay back on the cdms. Stay back on fullbacks if you need the extra defense.

I use this in D4 and 3. Possession depends on the opponent, most of the time I have slightly over 50%, much more when I play against people who sit very deep. Generally my gameplan is to attack fast when I get the ball, before the opponents defense is set.
    If that doesnt work, I go into possession play and try to get a good shot on goal. Hope that answered your questions,

• wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What about PIM Socrates? Do you think he will work? @Seandimes
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    As a striker? Absolutely
  • Kaptentegel
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 18
    What do you think of quaresma on 8 chem as rm to replace cuadrado in my serie a squad? link with cancelo and ronaldo. Perisic as lm and fb de Rossi and rttf hamsik cdms. Quaresmas if looks lika a nasty card with h/l 4wf 5skill and 96 crossing😀 Other striker is currently sif belotti.
  • WZRD7
    6 posts Ball Boy
    Would Nedved work well as a CDM? paired with someone taller?