Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Seandimes which chem style do you use for Pogba?
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Havent bought him yet, but I ll use shadow
  • SJR440
    4309 posts National Call-Up
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Nice, saw the thread and wanted to recommend you to just go and buy prime moments henry!

How about this:

4970bef686581449a149cc3232e48ccf.jpg

I know I keep recommending the same teams, but I try and recommend players I have played myself and know they ll work.

Still got a lot of stuff selling yet so may have a little more than 100k to spare, looking more like 150-175kish but team certainly looks usable @Seandimes :)
  • SJR440 wrote: »
    Nice, saw the thread and wanted to recommend you to just go and buy prime moments henry!

How about this:

I know I keep recommending the same teams, but I try and recommend players I have played myself and know they ll work.

Still got a lot of stuff selling yet so may have a little more than 100k to spare, looking more like 150-175kish but team certainly looks usable @Seandimes :)

@SJR440 You got him?!?! congrats!!! The team above that Seandimes posted looks great! Let me know what you think!
  • SJR440
    SJR440 wrote: »

How about this:

@SJR440 You got him?!?! congrats!!! The team above that Seandimes posted looks great! Let me know what you think!

@GoonerJoe88 I have indeed - 3.9 on bid earlier today! Gonna try and build the team suggested by @Seandimes tomorrow but probably won't get chance to log on until Thursday earliest due to it being my 25th :)

How about this:

@GoonerJoe88 I have indeed - 3.9 on bid earlier today! Gonna try and build the team suggested by @Seandimes tomorrow but probably won't get chance to log on until Thursday earliest due to it being my 25th :)

Awesome man! I won't be able to play until Thursday as well. Happy early Birthday!
  • SJR440

How about this:

Awesome man! I won't be able to play until Thursday as well. Happy early Birthday!

Thanks mate :)
  • Cowboysfan22
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good striker to pair with Ibra? Have hamsik and Petit at cdm. How is hero rashford?
  • SJR440
    edited March 12
    @Seandimes Just had a look through my untradables and with a bit more coins, can definitely afford this, thoughts?

(Phone playing up so can't post image but * indicates an untradeable)

De Gea*
    FUTSwap Da Costa* - RTTF Tah* - IF Bailly - Carniball Mendy*
    IF Gnabry - Goretzka - IF Gundogan - UCL Sane*
    RTTF Philipp - PM Henry
    Post edited by SJR440 on
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Seandimes Just had a look through my untradables and with a bit more coins, can definitely afford this, thoughts?

De Gea*
    RTTF Philipp - PM Henry

To be honest that team looks nice on paper, but I dont think it will play that well. Havent heard good things about Philipp, and your midfield has no physicality to it. Would at least get rid of IF Gundogan and replace him with a more physical presence.
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    F877-FCC4-D759-47-A4-8-FDF-010108-EEC8-B8.jpg

Ok got my new strike partnership. Should I change Cruyff’s (H/L) instructions to false 9 so that he drops back to link up the play?

Had to forgo my flanks and that’s why Lucas is roped in. I hope to get Mbappe88 and Cannavaro PIM
  • SJR440
    edited March 13

De Gea*
    RTTF Philipp - PM Henry

To be honest that team looks nice on paper, but I dont think it will play that well. Havent heard good things about Philipp, and your midfield has no physicality to it. Would at least get rid of IF Gundogan and replace him with a more physical presence.

@Seandimes Took the risk last night to try the team and... experiencing exactly what you said - poor physicality etc.

Gonna plod on with it to get two final wins on divisions (for the swap card and 100k pack), and then might push you for another team idea once I've got a bit more coinage to spend.

@GoonerJoe88 What chem style are you using on Henry? I'm using what he came with (marksman) and I'm just not feeling the value at the moment from the card :/

Feels quite lazy (had same issue with the Prime) and he has some VERY dodgy first touches and ball control at times which has stunned me.
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 13
    @SJR440 I had Henry last year, and engine worked best for me. Only had him in the team cause he is my favourite player ever, but I feel he is one of those cards who are good, but always feel they are not quite worth the coins.

• SJR440
    edited March 13
    @SJR440 I had Henry last year, and engine worked best for me. Only had him in the team cause he is my favourite player ever, but I feel he is one of those cards who are good, but always feel they are not quite worth the coins.

One of my favourite players to have graced the Premier League too man, hoping that the more I use him, the more I'll maybe get used to his pros and cons.

If the Moments doesn't work out though, will mostly likely get the Prime back and the team I had around him previously as that seemed to work quite well.
    Post edited by SJR440 on

De Gea*
    RTTF Philipp - PM Henry

@Seandimes Took the risk last night to try the team and... experiencing exactly what you said - poor physicality etc.

Gonna plod on with it to get two final wins on divisions (for the swap card and 100k pack), and then might push you for another team idea once I've got a bit more coinage to spend.

@GoonerJoe88 What chem style are you using on Henry? I'm using what he came with (marksman) and I'm just not feeling the value at the moment from the card :/

Feels quite lazy (had same issue with the Prime) and he has some VERY dodgy first touches and ball control at times which has stunned me.

@SJR440 Put engine chem style on him! Also for instructions put stay forward and get in behind or target man if you want him to hold up play. The stay forward instructions plus his attack positioning should have him spending more time at the front of the attack. Also try not to force everything to him just play your normal game.
  • EnzoGambaro
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Fingers and everything else crossed for SIF Ben Yedder in everyone's red picks tomorrow. Or Sterling for you guys who already have your front two sorted.

No matter how many strikers I've tried in that playmaker role in this formation, I always end up going back to WBY. He doesn't score the most goals and he's so weak but there's just something about his movement that works so well in the 442.

Absolutely emptied my club to bring in Prime Moments Petit (who I love), and have been selling off everything I have left to upgrade to UEL Ben Yedder but a red version would change that plan and save 500k. Here's hoping.
  • wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I will also get him, red or buying :#
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    i switched him out for Butra, who is a much better goal scorer. But for the movement, I havent had any player that comes close to Ben Yedder. His TOTS is the one card I absolutely need to have once it comes out
  • Nivaze
    2319 posts Fans' Favourite
    WBY is amazing indeed. I hope his 86 is reasonably priced and if his EL card goes to a 88 I hope he wont be too expensive as I just want him back in the squad.

@Seandimes you think he’ll get a TOTS?

I remember back in 2017 when I first started playing FUT his IF was amazing, I only started in April back then so I was pretty poor and his IF scored so much for me!
  • SJR440
    edited March 13
    @Seandimes Sold the Germany hybrid I made after finally getting the wins I needed for the 100k pack (Got Buffon, of course I did)

Looking like I actually now have a coins total of about 260 plus Henry so would you just recommend the squad you first made or can I get anything better with the increased coin amount I have now?
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    I really hope he ll get one, 4th in goalscoring behind Stuani, but 6 more assists than him.

Could use your help guys, who do you think would be the better replacement: Mbappe at RM for Dembele, or Pogba for Kondogbia. Really unsure who do go for next.
    Gave Bale a try, and he was great when the connection was good, but almost unplayable in bad gameplay.
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    @SJR440 Same squad, but you could replace Ben Yedder with the IF (or sif depending on the price), and Kimpembe with Varane
  • Nivaze
    I’d say Mbappe for Dembele, Mbappe is amazing at RM and I feel like he’s a huge upgrade over Dembele.

Pogba is great, but as you like Kondogbia I think Mbappe will have a bigger impact.
  • SJR440
    @SJR440 Same squad, but you could replace Ben Yedder with the IF (or sif depending on the price), and Kimpembe with Varane

Will look into it man, thanks!
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nivaze wrote: »
    I’d say Mbappe for Dembele, Mbappe is amazing at RM and I feel like he’s a huge upgrade over Dembele.

Pogba is great, but as you like Kondogbia I think Mbappe will have a bigger impact.

Yea thats what I thought too. Already noticed with Bale how much more he added to the attack. Problem with Bale is that he is of little use when the opponent is sitting deep, and theres no space to run in behind.

e12c6fd9e6cf1ea2365d6c6fd1ba6118.jpg
    Thats how I would rebuild the team [all on full chem except for Can]. Next upgrade afterwards would be Pogba for Kondogbia.
  • Nivaze

Yea thats what I thought too. Already noticed with Bale how much more he added to the attack. Problem with Bale is that he is of little use when the opponent is sitting deep, and theres no space to run in behind.

e12c6fd9e6cf1ea2365d6c6fd1ba6118.jpg
    Thats how I would rebuild the team [all on full chem except for Can]. Next upgrade afterwards would be Pogba for Kondogbia.

Mbappe is a pretty good dribbler and his 4* 5* is a huge upgrade over Bales 3* 4*. Team looks solid but I’d play Ramos over IF Hernandez.
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Think im 30k short on Ramos, lets See what tomorrows packs bring
  • Nivaze
    https://imgur.com/a/tB7PU4c

Opinions on this squad? Everyone would be on full chem if I start in a 451.

Messi and WBY are both small but I just prefer small agile players and I think they will compliment eachother very well. I actually once had them in draft together and was amazing. With Pogba and Petit there’s alot of strength and height in the midfield and again I think Pogba and Petit compliments eachother very well.

I could also play FS Arthur and EUL Kondogbia but I think FS Arthur is too small for the CDM role.
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    Think im 30k short on Ramos, lets See what tomorrows packs bring

You’ll get it!!
  • EnzoGambaro
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    https://imgur.com/a/tB7PU4c

Opinions on this squad? Everyone would be on full chem if I start in a 451.

Messi and WBY are both small but I just prefer small agile players and I think they will compliment eachother very well. I actually once had them in draft together and was amazing. With Pogba and Petit there’s alot of strength and height in the midfield and again I think Pogba and Petit compliments eachother very well.

I could also play FS Arthur and EUL Kondogbia but I think FS Arthur is too small for the CDM role.

Well, I certainly can't see any obvious weaknesses in that squad. Looks really strong. Obviously, you've already mentioned not minding not having the physical presence up top so that front two should be tons of fun to use.

I've just picked up RTTF Renato Sanches for 70k on bid thanks to everyone rage selling him after the Bayern game. Used to have him in my team and really enjoyed him. He has a bit of everything (apart from height) and just seems to be all over the pitch. Will be using him off the bench now I think, but at that price he might be worth considering for people on a tighter budget.