Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• Cowboysfan22
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I feel like everyone I play is either on drop back, 1-2 depth, or constant pressure, moving around like they are on speed the entire game....

Anyhow, I stopped at 11-10. Just too aggravating to play the rest. The lag and toxicity got to be too much.

• ASX
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2019
    Nivaze wrote: »
    ASX wrote: »
    Finished G2 again, only the second time I've done it.

Really liking the below when struggling to make chances, cheers @Seandimes

Width 5
    Depth 6
    Drop back

Width 5
    Players in box 7
    Long ball

You feel like these custom tactics are more attacking than the other one despite playing drop back?

From what I understand Drop Back means that your team preserves its defensive shape, no pressure at all, more like the defenders will approach/surround the player with the ball but not chase him so everyone is out of position...it doesn't feel ultra-defensive to me, just more solid.

Width is narrower than the base tactics so wingers seem to be more available for a pass when you have the ball in center midfield, depth is also higher so you're pushing your opponent back but with the two CDM getting hit on the counter doesn't matter so much, plus you're on Drop Back.

I think it's best to not have your full backs stay back with this tactic, keep them on default settings and have your CDMs set to cover wing; if you're wingers are in or around the box and you lose the ball while attacking your full backs are fairly high up the pitch to hinder you're opponent countering down the wing, and one of your CDM is filling his spot at right back until you get your winger back in position.

The big thing I noticed was Players in the Box, 7 over the normal 5, if I'm crossing or just passing from the wings I notice the other winger is in the box along with the two strikers, or if I'm passing with a CDM from high up in midfield both wingers and strikers are in or around the box, lots more passing options and ultimately chances to create a shot on goal. Having Neymar and Bale on the wings and set to "get in the box for crosses" along with PIB set to 7 gets them lots of chances/goals.

The standard variation (Width 4, Depth 4, Balanced, Width 6, Players in box 5, Long ball) works fine, it definitely feels more solid/compact than the above but if I can't create chances I switch it up.

As soon as I score a goal (or two) I switch back to default 442(2), if that doesn't quite do the job and the end of the game is near I set my full backs to stay back, sometimes have my wingers and/or one striker come back to defend.
  • diavolo
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    who would you choose as "playmaker" Striker from Serie A? Dybala, Mertens, IF Insigne?
  • wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    diavolo wrote: »
    who would you choose as "playmaker" Striker from Serie A? Dybala, Mertens, IF Insigne?

Both Dybala and Mertens have finnesse trait, tried new Mertens - unreal card.
  • ASX

I would use Insigne or Mertens because of the better weakfoot, then set to False 9 as they are H/M.
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up

I’ve used Mertens alot in the beginning of Fifa 19 and he’s really good! Dybala didn’t work for me and Insigne was alright but not quite as good as Mertens.

So my vote goes to Mertens, his carniball card has really good stats actually!
  • EnzoGambaro
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 2019

Just to back up what everyone here has said, Mertens is definitely the man for the job. Got caught up in the hype and bought his Carniball card over the weekend and it is absolutely unreal. Ended up selling it again because I suspect it's a little overpriced at present but if you can afford it, it's so much fun to play with.
  • Nivaze
    I still wish I did the Hamsik SBC so I could play Mertens, Nainggolan and Hamsik. I always start with a Serie A squad and they were actually really good in the beginning.

Basically the perfect players for this formation.
  • diavolo
    thx all! I think i will give mertens a try.
  • Seandimes
    2988 posts National Call-Up
    Finished G2 again, only the second time I've done it.

Really liking the below when struggling to make chances, cheers @Seandimes

Width 5
    Depth 6
    Drop back

Width 5
    Players in box 7
    Long ball

You feel like these custom tactics are more attacking than the other one despite playing drop back?

Drop back allows us to have more players in the box, without losing defensive shape completely. You ll definitely notice the difference. Only downside is that it drains stamina a little bit more than usual

Dybala or Mertens. Personally I try to avoid 3~wf players, but I think they are both equally good.

Just noticed I am about 10k coins away from affording Pogba. New team would look smth like this

347967fbe8e36b4ba8664a2bf22e6175.jpg

Sadly will have to wait until rewards, since I have absolutely nothing of worth left in the club
  • Nivaze
    I’m sure you’ll love Pogba, he’s great in this formation.

I did the PM Petit loan SBC to try him out, and to be honest I’m not convinced. He obviously has a presence on the pitch and he intercepts alot, but I don’t feel like he adds much more than FUTMAS Matuidi did. I think I’ll rather stick with Matuidi or even get Can and get me an Icon striker like Butra. I could get Can on full chem with OTW Cancelo and an Icon.
  • diavolo
    Would you guys rate pogba over de bruyne in this formation? Kdb was insane for me with his extra points for longshots. Feels better than paul pogba...
  • Seandimes
    Depends what you want from the position. Pogba brings more height and physicallity, de Bruyne better playmaking abilities. Personally I would go for Pogba
  • Tennster10
    2128 posts Fans' Favourite
    Messi user what chem you have on him?
  • GoonerJoe88
    1124 posts Professional
    @diavolo

Pogba is the perfect midfielder for this formation. Like Seandimes said, he brings physicality, height, and his passing abilities are in the 90's but KDB has slightly better passing and his shot is way more lethal than Pogba's.

I actually think KDB can work as a false nine strike partner.
  • diavolo
    i tried them both in different ways. together it doesn't fit for me. Next to petit (loan) i think KDB was better. May i try pogba next to a more defensive player like Fabinho.
  • GoonerJoe88
    1124 posts Professional
    i tried them both in different ways. together it doesn't fit for me. Next to petit (loan) i think KDB was better. May i try pogba next to a more defensive player like Fabinho.

Yeah I forgot to mention he is better paired with a through and through defensive midfielder.
  • Nivaze
    I really like Pogba, probably because I’m also biased but for me he is amazing in this formation.

He has a huge presence on the pitch, decent dribbling and shooting, great passing and on top of that 5* skills which I use alot. He doesn’t have the best defensive stats and workrates but I usually manually track back with him and he intercepts quite alot with his long legs.
  • Nivaze
    edited March 2019
    Anyone ever tried FS Aouar as CDM?
  • Jdreew
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gents, who would be a nice upgrade for UEL Ben Yedder to pair with Prime Crespo?
  • limjitwe
    8032 posts League Winner
    Anyone ever tried FS Aouar as CDM?

I paired him with TOTY KDB for a few weekend leagues. Aouar himself is a very good all rounded player. He does everything really well and was better than Pogba for me. He’s very feisty in tackling as well. Of course the downside is he isn’t the tallest or biggest guy around.
  • Nivaze
    Jdreew wrote: »
    Gents, who would be a nice upgrade for UEL Ben Yedder to pair with Prime Crespo?

Messi?
  • Seandimes
    Jdreew wrote: »

Butragueno if you dont need the 4*skills.
  • ASX
    How are you guys doing in the Brasilver challenge?

This formation really suits this type of team/players. Played 11, won 8 lost 3, need 2 more wins for the card.
  • diavolo

This formation really suits this type of team/players. Played 11, won 8 lost 3, need 2 more wins for the card.

which team do you use for the challenge?
  • ASX

which team do you use for the challenge?

I used this one, all the players have work rates that fit the 442(2).

https://i.imgur.com/hgzaA4u.jpg
  • Tininho87
    82 posts Park Captain
    Actual Team

Socrates Moment - Reus POTM
    Nedved prime- Petit Moment- Gullit 90- best prime
    Mendy FFS- Ferdinand- Luiz FB- Alexander-Arnold FFS
    van der Sar

Rashord red- Raul- Auba POTM-Hazard POTM- Juanfran FB- Ibra

Would you change something?
    Would you play Reus and Socrates with any Instructions?
    I am thinking about playing Hazard instead of Nedved because of his pace?

Socrates has 32 Games 36 Goals 7 Assists

• Seandimes
    edited March 2019

Built a nice team, but at the moment its impossible to finish. Stuck on 7 wins since yesterday. Everybody is supposed to be doing the "home team gets the win" thing. Which would be great, except that everybody quits when they are not the home team...
    Tininho87 wrote: »
    Actual Team

Socrates Moment - Reus POTM
    Nedved prime- Petit Moment- Gullit 90- best prime
    Mendy FFS- Ferdinand- Luiz FB- Alexander-Arnold FFS
    van der Sar

Rashord red- Raul- Auba POTM-Hazard POTM- Juanfran FB- Ibra

Would you change something?
    Would you play Reus and Socrates with any Instructions?
    I am thinking about playing Hazard instead of Nedved because of his pace?

Socrates has 32 Games 36 Goals 7 Assists

With a team like that its just personal preference. If you need the extra presence in buildup, give Reus the "target man" instruction. I would probably also play Hazard over Nedved
  • SJR440
    5058 posts Big Money Move
    Just sold my entire squad to fund Prime Moment Henry (I couldn't resist)

Picked one up for about 3.9 so got about 100k to put something around him, any ideas? :D
  • Seandimes
    edited March 2019
    Nice, saw the thread and wanted to recommend you to just go and buy prime moments henry!

How about this:

4970bef686581449a149cc3232e48ccf.jpg

I know I keep recommending the same teams, but I try and recommend players I have played myself and know they ll work.