Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• Seandimes
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    That Emre Can card is pure trash. Only one game, but with some cards, you just know they are no good...

I know what you mean, I sold so many cards after the first game because I was like nah, this aint it.

Did you use him as a sub? If you’re looking for a good sub I recommend Nainggolan, he’s really cheap and does the job perfectly.

Yea, Nainggolan felt much better. Gave Can another two games, and I dont know whats wrong with the card. Feels exactly like his normal gold card.

@SJR440 had an opportunity to play with your team yet?
  • burken
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i am thinking a team without zlatan and alessandrini. I want to get Suarez, but who to get for RM? Got around 130k for a winger
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    burken wrote: »
    i am thinking a team without zlatan and alessandrini. I want to get Suarez, but who to get for RM? Got around 130k for a winger

Dembele?
  • burken
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect

Dembele?

yea either dembele or Bale i'm thinking. don't know who and if Bale is worth the money
  • Nivaze

Dembele?

yea either dembele or Bale i'm thinking. don't know who and if Bale is worth the money

I didn’t know Bale was this cheap, yeah Bale is also a good option but he’s bigger and less agile than Dembele. Dembele also has 5* WF where Bale has 3* WF.

I personally couldn’t get along with Bale as he’s too clunky, but that’s personal preference.

@Seandimes also uses Dembele so it’s probably a good option.
  • Nivaze
    edited March 2019
    Bought Messi again and he just can’t convince me, he didn’t do bad but his positioning is just really annoying. 30k tax money down the drain but oh well...

Update: In a 4222 Messi is amazing! He scored 6 and gave 9 assists in 5 rival games! Also 4222 is a pretty good formation to play if the 442 isn’t quite working.
    Post edited by Nivaze on
  • limjitwe
    8155 posts League Winner
    Who would be the better LM?

NIF Hazard
    Otw Anderson
    HL Sane

Any others ideas from BPL would be welcome
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    limjitwe wrote: »

NIF Hazard
    Otw Anderson
    HL Sane

HL Sane has everything. The only negative is his 3* wf.
  • Nivaze

NIF Hazard
    Otw Anderson
    HL Sane

I really like OTW Anderson, highly recommend him. I’ve played with NIF Hazard for a while too and he was pretty decent too but personally I like Anderson better. Never tried Sane so can’t really say much about him besides that he always seems to score against me.

• limjitwe
    8155 posts League Winner
    @IAIK7 @Nivaze

Damn. Doesn’t help my situation now.

Sane is alittle costly for me ATM I think. I used his IF and I liked him a lot.

Hazard always seems to score against me.

Anderson I used his 84 IF and I pretty liked him but that was early game.
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    @IAIK7 @Nivaze

1) HL Sane
    2) OTW Anderson
    3) NIF Hazard

imo
  • Seandimes

Used both Dembele and Bale, and Bale is definitely better, but not by that much. So if you have the coins, get Bale, otherwise Dembele will do a great job
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    @IAIK7 @Nivaze

1) HL Sane
    2) OTW Anderson
    3) NIF Hazard

imo

agreed
  • ASX
    3046 posts National Call-Up
    Hi guys,

I built a Brasilver squad based on 442(2) and ideal work rates for the Taliasca card. Not tried it out yet, got the players fairly cheap and can probably get the coins back once I've done the challenge.

hgzaA4u.jpg

• Seandimes
    edited March 2019
    Built almost the same squad. 442 is perfect for silvers, since its fine if your players are somewhat limited in what they can do

Changed my team around quite a bit yesterday:

7f2fe4bac47f121f13dbb11275ce4061.jpg

Torres has been momentarily benched for Rodrigo, and Can with an Anchor actually does a good job. All on full chem in 433
  • Recoba10
    1618 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Seandimes do you think 4222 with the same CT, instructions and profiles of players (ex: CDMs H/H) would work well?

I struggle from time to time with 442(2) and I need my wingers to be closer to the 2 strikers.
  • Nivaze
    Recoba10 wrote: »
    @Seandimes do you think 4222 with the same CT, instructions and profiles of players (ex: CDMs H/H) would work well?

I struggle from time to time with 442(2) and I need my wingers to be closer to the 2 strikers.

I use 4222 every now and then and my tactics are:

Balanced

Possession

Fullbacks on stayback
    Most defensive CDM on stay back
    Everything else on default

Haven’t tried it in WL yet but I won 3 drafts in a row with this set up and probably won 8 out of the 10 rival games I played in D3 and D2.
  • SJR440
    5106 posts Big Money Move
    That Emre Can card is pure trash. Only one game, but with some cards, you just know they are no good...

I know what you mean, I sold so many cards after the first game because I was like nah, this aint it.

Did you use him as a sub? If you’re looking for a good sub I recommend Nainggolan, he’s really cheap and does the job perfectly.

Yea, Nainggolan felt much better. Gave Can another two games, and I dont know whats wrong with the card. Feels exactly like his normal gold card.

@SJR440 had an opportunity to play with your team yet?

@Seandimes Had a few games yesterday man but had to go out so not had extended amount of time with the team to really get a feel.

Did have to change the LB/RB to stay back whilst attacking though, was getting pierced open on the counter without that instruction on.
  • Seandimes
    Yea I usually have them on stay back, and use the "attacking fullbacks" instruction if I feel its safe or need a goal
  • Nivaze
    Opinions on this squad?
    https://imgur.com/a/8Dbn5Ce

Everyone would be on full chem apart from Ibra who will be on 8 chem. After playing with different players in the “playmaker” role I have to say Messi is just the best, and on targetman instructions he works pretty well.
  • Seandimes
    Opinions on this squad?
    https://imgur.com/a/8Dbn5Ce

Everyone would be on full chem apart from Ibra who will be on 8 chem. After playing with different players in the “playmaker” role I have to say Messi is just the best, and on targetman instructions he works pretty well.

Looks great, not much to improve there
  • limjitwe
    8155 posts League Winner
    Are you guys experiencing issues with attacking recently? Seem to happen to me in the last 10 games on DR and WL.

When I pass to my strikers

1) I seem to be pressured by opponent CB and I lose the ball cause he knocks my player.

2) I try a quick pass to my other striker, the pass is either behind or it gets intercepted.

Then for defending it’s the opposite.

I can’t seem to get close to my opponents or my comp doesn’t intercept anything for me.
  • GoonerJoe88
    1124 posts Professional
    Are you guys experiencing issues with attacking recently? Seem to happen to me in the last 10 games on DR and WL.

When I pass to my strikers

1) I seem to be pressured by opponent CB and I lose the ball cause he knocks my player.

2) I try a quick pass to my other striker, the pass is either behind or it gets intercepted.

Then for defending it’s the opposite.

I can’t seem to get close to my opponents or my comp doesn’t intercept anything for me.

Yeah same here. This goes on for about 3 games or so and then everything starts working again. I had a very frustrating day yesterday. I find this happens with all formations at times. You just have to power through it!
  • limjitwe
    8155 posts League Winner
    @GoonerJoe88

I guess I’ve to last through it. Hope it gets better.

Thanks
  • Seandimes
    Same for me. Probably bad connection cause of the event
  • GoonerJoe88
    1124 posts Professional
    @limjitwe

It will pass! The thing that usually happens more to me is more like defence falls asleep and every shot is a goal.

Also when opponents see the 442 formation they automatically think you're going to try attacking and linking play with your two strikers up top until one striker gets free and breaks the line.

I try to mix it up with some crosses or play give and gos with the LB and LM or RB and RM.
  • diavolo
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bought Messi again and he just can’t convince me, he didn’t do bad but his positioning is just really annoying. 30k tax money down the drain but oh well...

Update: In a 4222 Messi is amazing! He scored 6 and gave 9 assists in 5 rival games! Also 4222 is a pretty good formation to play if the 442 isn’t quite working.

Same here with messi, didnt work for me for now.

Which Introductions do you use for the 4222?
  • diavolo
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Recoba10 wrote: »

I use 4222 every now and then and my tactics are:

Balanced

Possession

Fullbacks on stayback
    Most defensive CDM on stay back
    Everything else on default

Haven’t tried it in WL yet but I won 3 drafts in a row with this set up and probably won 8 out of the 10 rival games I played in D3 and D2.

Ok, got it ;)
  • ASX
    3046 posts National Call-Up
    Finished G2 again, only the second time I've done it.

Really liking the below when struggling to make chances, cheers @Seandimes

Width 5
    Depth 6
    Drop back

Width 5
    Players in box 7
    Long ball
  • Jdreew
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey lads. Gullit and TOTY KDB midfield partnership was epic this WL for me. Ended G3 but probably could’ve hit G1 if I had time to play more games.

Yedder was super clinical for me and provided great support with his H/H work rates. Was wondering who would be an upragde for him with same characteristics I can look into once I have enough coins.

Overall I think not loosing the ball in the midfield when building up is key in this formation in order to be competitive in winning games. Also, patience in building the attack through the wings is also important. Playing this formation was a big change for me since I normally play through the middle (counter-attacking), but once you learn how to slow things down and be patient this formation definitely will give you results.

• Nivaze
    ASX wrote: »
    Finished G2 again, only the second time I've done it.

Really liking the below when struggling to make chances, cheers @Seandimes

Width 5
    Depth 6
    Drop back

Width 5
    Players in box 7
    Long ball

You feel like these custom tactics are more attacking than the other one despite playing drop back?