Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• gresh1978
    2449 posts Fans' Favourite
    Seandimes wrote: »
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    @Seandimes what instructions would you set for Flashback Ibra?

He is fine without any instructions

Would he work alongside Headliner Arnie?
  • MayneNL
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you think SBC Oscar has a place in this formation? I’m using a brazil rtg team and FS Joelinthon is one of the strikers, maybe he can play as a false 9 type of striker next to him?
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    MayneNL wrote: »
    Do you think SBC Oscar has a place in this formation? I’m using a brazil rtg team and FS Joelinthon is one of the strikers, maybe he can play as a false 9 type of striker next to him?

He actually looks really nice for the Position. Pace might be an issue, but i would definitely try him if you already got the card
  • dylanmaasie
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    I play now 10 games with this tactics and formation 9 wins 1 lose :)
    I did the huntelaar flashback sbc hi is amazing!
  • strings79
    1986 posts Fans' Favourite
    24qlrgm.jpg

would this work well ?
  • shady93
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Messi raul
    89 nedved 88 pettit kante prime best
    Fs mendy 89 blanc 89 cannavaro 86 cancelo
    Neuer

Balanced
    Long ball

Messi stay forward
    Raul agg interceptions/ come back on def

Rm/lm free roam gitbc
    Cdm balanced one cover center
    Fbs join attack

This just got me back to div 3 with 5 rage quits 😂 i know it seems made having come back on def on raul but its doing wonders give it a try OP and see if its just me or if this is actually a potentially good thing
  • Tininho87
    61 posts Park Captain
    edited February 5
    3851cd-1549347480.png

That is my actual Squad. Tradebale are de Bruyne, de Ligt, Mendy. How would yu play and who would you buy next?

De Bruyne ST or CDM?

have 2 Millions

Nice Thread!
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 5
    strings79 wrote: »
    24qlrgm.jpg

would this work well ?

Workrates are perfect. Sabitzer lacks defending and Müller is a bit slow, but I think it can still work
    Tininho87 wrote: »
    3851cd-1549347480.png

That is my actual Squad. Tradebale are de Bruyne, de Ligt, Mendy. How would yu play and who would you buy next?

De Bruyne ST or CDM?

have 2 Millions

Nice Thread!

De Bruyne striker, , Pogba/Ballack cdms. Next I would upgrade Pogba to Vieira
    I play now 10 games with this tactics and formation 9 wins 1 lose :)
    I did the huntelaar flashback sbc hi is amazing!

Awesome to hear mate, keep us updated how it goes!
  • Tininho87
    61 posts Park Captain
    @Seandimes but the workrates from vieira and Ballack are not what you recommend?
  • limjitwe
    6471 posts Big Money Move
    @Seandimes but the workrates from vieira and Ballack are not what you recommend?

Elite players are always exceptions @Tininho87 B)
  • shady93
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone tried the come back on def with a striker yet ? I got 7 wins and a draw last night. Also free roam on the wide players makes the formation less rigid
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    limjitwe wrote: »

Exactly. The workrates ARE important in the formation, but when you come to the true elite players in the game, they are not as important
  • gresh1978
    @Seandimes hows this;

D9iYCrY.jpg

Going to get Sane for LM and Fabinho for the CDM spot next to Pogba. Alessandrini will be subbed off for Willian after kick off.
  • limjitwe
    6471 posts Big Money Move
    Today had some decent form in the 3 games I played. I realised playing from the wings is the best way to open up the opponents.

From the centre, my Goretzka tend to lose the ball with some weak passing and it opens me up for the opponent to launch a counter. The only time I play through the centre is 1-2 with my strikers
  • Tininho87
    61 posts Park Captain

Exactly. The workrates ARE important in the formation, but when you come to the true elite players in the game, they are not as important

Then I will Buy Vieira and try him and Ballack. Ballack get forward and Vieira?

• yebuddy
    179 posts Sunday League Hero
    Crespo red-auba
    Red-Anderson Fabinho Pogba Red-Mahrez

Current 442 setup. I have red eriksen on bench (used in 4231 before). Would u use him cm now in 442 instead of fabinho?
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Seandimes hows this;

D9iYCrY.jpg

Going to get Sane for LM and Fabinho for the CDM spot next to Pogba. Alessandrini will be subbed off for Willian after kick off.

Sane would be a great addition. But I would leave Torreira in although the workrates arent ideal, since Fabinho offers absolutely nothing going forward.
    Today had some decent form in the 3 games I played. I realised playing from the wings is the best way to open up the opponents.

From the centre, my Goretzka tend to lose the ball with some weak passing and it opens me up for the opponent to launch a counter. The only time I play through the centre is 1-2 with my strikers

Yea like I wrote in the guide, building up through the middle is difficult, and if you make a bad pass with your midfielder, you are wide open for a counter.

I would first try both on balanced, it should work out with their m/h workrates. If you concede too much, try ballack on get forward, and Vieira stay back.
    yebuddy wrote: »
    Crespo red-auba

Current 442 setup. I have red eriksen on bench (used in 4231 before). Would u use him cm now in 442 instead of fabinho?

Eriksen is just not a box to box midfielder. Premiere League really is lacking those, but you could give the IF Wijnaldum a try
  • gresh1978
    @Seandimes hows this;

D9iYCrY.jpg

Sane would be a great addition. But I would leave Torreira in although the workrates arent ideal, since Fabinho offers absolutely nothing going forward.

Yea like I wrote in the guide, building up through the middle is difficult, and if you make a bad pass with your midfielder, you are wide open for a counter.

I would first try both on balanced, it should work out with their m/h workrates. If you concede too much, try ballack on get forward, and Vieira stay back.
    yebuddy wrote: »
    Crespo red-auba

Eriksen is just not a box to box midfielder. Premiere League really is lacking those, but you could give the IF Wijnaldum a try

So Ibra and Arnie will work ok?
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think they are too similar, and the workrates arent ideal. Go for one of them, they are both perfect for the holdup striker role. Then pair them with more of a small playmaking striker. Both of them together will limit your play a lot to mainly crosses
  • gresh1978
    I think they are too similar, and the workrates arent ideal. Go for one of them, they are both perfect for the holdup striker role. Then pair them with more of a small playmaking striker. Both of them together will limit your play a lot to mainly crosses

Any recommendations?
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    Firmino, Griezmann, Ben Yedder, Aspas- or if you have the budget, Messi, Del Piero, Bergkamp
  • gresh1978
    I already have Firmino, but would class him as a nimble striker.
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    with cheapish cards, we usually cant have everything we are looking for. He lacks a bit of pace, but has the perfect workrates, and good passing and finishing. He will work well
  • dylanmaasie
    Mann!! I did the huntelaar sbc he is amazing with he workrate's normal/normal i have him with prime kluivert on the front he bangs a lot of goals for me
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was thinking about doing him, but on my current budget, I cant really link him well. Got to wait for the next good sbc striker. Joelinton has great positioning and finishing, but I cant count how many times his first touch kills my attack.

Decided to swap IF Ben Yedder for Griezmann. 3*wf is definitely a big downside, but overall Griezmann performs a lot better. Probably going to buy Varane after rewards, Thiago Silva is a bit of a liability on defense
  • dylanmaasie
    Today i did 3 games the other tean was 3 times beterr than me and i won all 3 games :D :D also you have patiencr this formation is great
  • GoonerJoe88
    907 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 5
    I'm switching from 4231 wide to give it a try again. I tried this formation not too long ago but had fast build up and it wasn't working. Ironically I switched back to my old custom tactics which is identical to the ones posted by the OP but with 4231 wide. Everything is the same except for long ball which I use balanced. Will give it a go!

myteam.jpg
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm switching from 4231 wide to give it a try again. I tried this formation not too long ago but had fast build up and it wasn't working. Ironically I switched back to my old custom tactics which is identical to the ones poste by the OP but with 4231 wide. Everything is the same except for long ball which I use balanced. Will give it a go!

[ img]https://i.postimg.cc/dVmvRrhK/myteam.jpg[ /img]

Berkamp and Henry up front, that would be my dream striker duo <3. I am sure if you like the 4231 wide, you ll also like the 442(2). 4231 wide has been my second favourite formation, and it plays quite similar in some ways

• Nivaze
    2302 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was thinking about doing him, but on my current budget, I cant really link him well. Got to wait for the next good sbc striker. Joelinton has great positioning and finishing, but I cant count how many times his first touch kills my attack.

Decided to swap IF Ben Yedder for Griezmann. 3*wf is definitely a big downside, but overall Griezmann performs a lot better. Probably going to buy Varane after rewards, Thiago Silva is a bit of a liability on defense

Also playing Griezmann as striker and his link up play is so good and his low drivens are even better!
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 5
    Got promoted to division 3, finally! At 1917 skill rating at the moment, and I dont think I can get any further than that for now.

This is my team, 2 weeks after starting a new club:

834baaec09a353c7e061b17530813ded.jpg

I like all the players individually, but the team as a whole just can compete against the level of teams I come up against. Since I stopped trading, and dont buy packs, I gotta hope to get a bit lucky in the WL and DR packs.

Playing against 443s has been a struggle so far, we are just outmanned in midfield, and the fullbacks lack the quality to compete with the Mbappes and Neymars.
    If you come up against 433s, I would recommend putting the fullbacks on stay back while attacking. Otherwise you are gonna struggle, a lot.
    Nivaze wrote: »

Also playing Griezmann as striker and his link up play is so good and his low drivens are even better!

Yea, he carried me through the last couple of games since I bought him. His wf can be annoying at times, but other than that he is great.