Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

  • IAIK7
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Nice to see this guide is still alive. :smile:

    I have not played the 442 or 442(2) for a while now, but i might come back for some games.

    Currently using the 451 and having the best results and the most fun i had all year long. The 451 needs no defensive minded player at all, all out attack with everyone comming at the 4231 drop back clowns. I love it :smile:

    Glad you're whipping the floor with those clowns. I'm really enjoying my team atm as well. I've gone from 2 target forwards to 2 smaller strikers and it's working great so far (@Nivaze would be proud). The fact that they both have a 5* wf is also great as I can be unpredictable in my attack.

    My team lines up like this after a in-game formation switch (WBY starts on 7 chem):
    20190725-193922.jpg

    Great team and 5 star weak foot attackers are nice to have for sure.

    My attacking force in the 451 now is:

    ST: TOTS CR7 (red player pick :smile: )
    CAM´s: Prime Gullit and PIM Pele
    LM+RM: PIM Ronaldinho and PIM Eusebio
    CM: TOTY Modric

    It does not matter who gets into a scoring position, they all can do it on world class level anythime and from anywhere. TOTY Marcello as LB is joining the attacking force to, like he always did :smile:

    Jeez, that's some offensive team. I don't know how my defence would deal with that.

    Finished 20-8 last WL with it and i had to play 25games in a long long session on late sunday night. So i lost the focuss here and there and was realy tired at around 15 games in. Might have been able to finish Elite with some breaks and annother day to play the remainig 10 games or so. It is not to bad in defense (even without a defensive minded CM/CDM) , but it creates havoc in the opponents half. Even more so if he decides to play more aggressive when a goal behind. If you pull your backline out of position against this 451, you are done and likely a candidate for a rage quit whithin minutes.

    I'm still to hit Elite this year. I keep getting to Gold 1 and bottling my final few matches. I'm hoping that my new team will push me over the line this weekend. But if the gameplay is bad, then I'll just enjoy the weather instead.
  • Shadows070
    19 posts Ball Boy
    the gameplay is so bad in WL idecided to stick to playing rivals and the getting the weekley objectives, for me its more fun in playing and stress free :D
  • EisenErmin
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Nice to see this guide is still alive. :smile:

    I have not played the 442 or 442(2) for a while now, but i might come back for some games.

    Currently using the 451 and having the best results and the most fun i had all year long. The 451 needs no defensive minded player at all, all out attack with everyone comming at the 4231 drop back clowns. I love it :smile:

    Glad you're whipping the floor with those clowns. I'm really enjoying my team atm as well. I've gone from 2 target forwards to 2 smaller strikers and it's working great so far (@Nivaze would be proud). The fact that they both have a 5* wf is also great as I can be unpredictable in my attack.

    My team lines up like this after a in-game formation switch (WBY starts on 7 chem):
    20190725-193922.jpg

    Great team and 5 star weak foot attackers are nice to have for sure.

    My attacking force in the 451 now is:

    ST: TOTS CR7 (red player pick :smile: )
    CAM´s: Prime Gullit and PIM Pele
    LM+RM: PIM Ronaldinho and PIM Eusebio
    CM: TOTY Modric

    It does not matter who gets into a scoring position, they all can do it on world class level anythime and from anywhere. TOTY Marcello as LB is joining the attacking force to, like he always did :smile:

    Jeez, that's some offensive team. I don't know how my defence would deal with that.

    Finished 20-8 last WL with it and i had to play 25games in a long long session on late sunday night. So i lost the focuss here and there and was realy tired at around 15 games in. Might have been able to finish Elite with some breaks and annother day to play the remainig 10 games or so. It is not to bad in defense (even without a defensive minded CM/CDM) , but it creates havoc in the opponents half. Even more so if he decides to play more aggressive when a goal behind. If you pull your backline out of position against this 451, you are done and likely a candidate for a rage quit whithin minutes.

    I'm still to hit Elite this year. I keep getting to Gold 1 and bottling my final few matches. I'm hoping that my new team will push me over the line this weekend. But if the gameplay is bad, then I'll just enjoy the weather instead.

    Same here mate. Each and every WL i have around 3 games were i play way worse than usual and give away games that should be a win when playing focussed. Thats costing me an Elite finish everytime.
  • IAIK7
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Nice to see this guide is still alive. :smile:

    I have not played the 442 or 442(2) for a while now, but i might come back for some games.

    Currently using the 451 and having the best results and the most fun i had all year long. The 451 needs no defensive minded player at all, all out attack with everyone comming at the 4231 drop back clowns. I love it :smile:

    Glad you're whipping the floor with those clowns. I'm really enjoying my team atm as well. I've gone from 2 target forwards to 2 smaller strikers and it's working great so far (@Nivaze would be proud). The fact that they both have a 5* wf is also great as I can be unpredictable in my attack.

    My team lines up like this after a in-game formation switch (WBY starts on 7 chem):
    20190725-193922.jpg

    Great team and 5 star weak foot attackers are nice to have for sure.

    My attacking force in the 451 now is:

    ST: TOTS CR7 (red player pick :smile: )
    CAM´s: Prime Gullit and PIM Pele
    LM+RM: PIM Ronaldinho and PIM Eusebio
    CM: TOTY Modric

    It does not matter who gets into a scoring position, they all can do it on world class level anythime and from anywhere. TOTY Marcello as LB is joining the attacking force to, like he always did :smile:

    Jeez, that's some offensive team. I don't know how my defence would deal with that.

    Finished 20-8 last WL with it and i had to play 25games in a long long session on late sunday night. So i lost the focuss here and there and was realy tired at around 15 games in. Might have been able to finish Elite with some breaks and annother day to play the remainig 10 games or so. It is not to bad in defense (even without a defensive minded CM/CDM) , but it creates havoc in the opponents half. Even more so if he decides to play more aggressive when a goal behind. If you pull your backline out of position against this 451, you are done and likely a candidate for a rage quit whithin minutes.

    I'm still to hit Elite this year. I keep getting to Gold 1 and bottling my final few matches. I'm hoping that my new team will push me over the line this weekend. But if the gameplay is bad, then I'll just enjoy the weather instead.

    Same here mate. Each and every WL i have around 3 games were i play way worse than usual and give away games that should be a win when playing focussed. Thats costing me an Elite finish everytime.

    Well, hopefully our luck changes this week.
  • Nivaze
    2418 posts Fans' Favourite
    Haven't played FIFA for a while as I was bored and fed up with the gameplay. Nice to see you guys still playing and rocking the 442(2).

    @IAIK7 Nice to see you playing with Yedder and Eusebio up top, I'm proud! :smiley:

    I might turn FIFA on this weekend and see if it's any better, it's actually pretty nice not having to stress every weekend anymore lol.
  • limjitwe
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    @Nivaze

    Get back in! Pogba and Rashford incoming for me to keep the fun going.
  • Nivaze
    2418 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »
    @Nivaze

    Get back in! Pogba and Rashford incoming for me to keep the fun going.

    Pogba would be nice indeed, been waiting for his card forever.
  • EisenErmin
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    @Nivaze

    How are you doing mate? Still using the midget army in the 442(2) ?

    I am just running the show with the 451. So much attacking options and runners coming from each direction.
  • limjitwe
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    @EisenErmin

    What instructions do you use for 451? Or is there a guide for it.
  • EisenErmin
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    limjitwe wrote: »
    @EisenErmin

    What instructions do you use for 451? Or is there a guide for it.

    copy and pasted from one of my other posts i made some days ago:

    pressure on heavy touch
    5 width
    5 depth

    balanced
    5 width
    5 players in box

    ST: stay foreward
    LM+RM: come back on defense, get in behind, cut inside, + (get into box if you have someone like Perisic, Ronaldo,...)
    CM: stay back
    everything else default (whole backline + 2 cam)

    Every player gets around 25-35 passes each game (excluding the CB). The fullbacks are heavily involved in buildup. Even whitout my beloved join the attack on Marcello he is going foreward every attack.

    It is great for posession, variety of goals and goal scorers as you can gou through the middle or along the wings, very good for crossing to wide open players on the other side of the pitch). And while it is vulnerable on the counter, as soon as you have the players back in defense: it is really solid in defense.

    You need some speed on the cam players as they make those overlapping runs like they do in the 433(5).

    Edit: As soon as the usual 4231 opponent is forced to be more aggressive you can tear them appart on the counter like i never saw it in annother formation. If your opponent opens gaps he is done whithout a doubt. I had lots of games where i was 2-1 at 70 minutes and then 5-1 or 6-2 by the end.
  • limjitwe
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    Looks interesting! I’ll try to create a team to try that. Who’s your LM and RM?
    @EisenErmin
  • EisenErmin
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Looks interesting! I’ll try to create a team to try that. Who’s your LM and RM?
    @EisenErmin

    LM is FB Firmino and RM is PIM Ronaldinho

    Get one physical cam and one small or normal. The physical guy (Gullit) is very helpfull in defense as it is a very attacking formation
  • Freefolk
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Completed Dinho using the futswap icon, definitely worth it so far very fun card; not sure what to work towards next, have about 600k any suggestions?

    F22-AF18-C-F9-B4-407-B-A70-B-A3572-F05-E883.jpg
  • Ricey12368
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any suggestions on how to get Richarlison into my team? He’s been my favourite card all year round since his first if.

    https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/9229720

    Not a fan of tots tag, wby and kondogbia are okay but wouldn’t mind replacing them. End up in a 442 atm with bale and promes on the wing, wby suarez up top and then Ramos plays rb rijkaard goes cb and florezni comes on at dm next to kondogbia.

    Got like 500k plus tradable tots tag,kondogbia and wby rest is untradeable.

    Thanks
  • IAIK7
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    Is anybody doing that Pogba SBC? I'm running a midfield of prime Gullit and TOTS Goretzka in a 442 flat. Would Gullit and Pogba make my midfield too attacking (even with both coming back on defence)? And more importantly, would he be an upgrade over what I already have?
  • Freefolk
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 28
    Managed my first g2 this fifa after bottling it many times, the arrival of dinho played a huge part, Lozano seems to be the weak link now

    Richarlison played 3 less games

    Havertz 28g12a
    Richy 18g17a
    Dinho 12g8a
    Lozano 2g12a
    Gerrard 4g10a

    CD6397-E5-044-F-4261-A8-A1-DC0-F1-D1-B93-FB.jpg
  • Nivaze
    2418 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just played one game and I realized why I stopped playing... 😂
  • limjitwe
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    Is anybody doing that Pogba SBC? I'm running a midfield of prime Gullit and TOTS Goretzka in a 442 flat. Would Gullit and Pogba make my midfield too attacking (even with both coming back on defence)? And more importantly, would he be an upgrade over what I already have?

    @IAIK7

    I’ll be doing him for sure. I’ll be experimenting him with both either gullit and Vieira. I suspect Vieira would be the better partner. You might wanna try him with both Gullit and Goretzka
  • Kaptentegel
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tots Aouar and fb Firminho as cdms? Good idea or should i rethink again? Can maybe fit in Aouar and Tots wijnaldum instead
  • EisenErmin
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    Hey guys, I am looking for a 442(2) tactic as I am about to give the 442(2) annother try after not using it for about two month now. I have top quality players in every position and I am going to play Gullit and either futties Pogba or TOTY Modric as CDM. As they are very attacking and good in going foreward I think its best to start with CDM´s instead of CM (like in the 442flat) to have them sitting a bid deeper while in defense and then having join them in the attack.

    Any 442(2) tactic that is working and is attacking at the same time is very wellcome.

    Thanks.
  • IAIK7
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am looking for a 442(2) tactic as I am about to give the 442(2) annother try after not using it for about two month now. I have top quality players in every position and I am going to play Gullit and either futties Pogba or TOTY Modric as CDM. As they are very attacking and good in going foreward I think its best to start with CDM´s instead of CM (like in the 442flat) to have them sitting a bid deeper while in defense and then having join them in the attack.

    Any 442(2) tactic that is working and is attacking at the same time is very wellcome.

    Thanks.

    I'll post mine here a bit later when I'm on.
  • EisenErmin
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am looking for a 442(2) tactic as I am about to give the 442(2) annother try after not using it for about two month now. I have top quality players in every position and I am going to play Gullit and either futties Pogba or TOTY Modric as CDM. As they are very attacking and good in going foreward I think its best to start with CDM´s instead of CM (like in the 442flat) to have them sitting a bid deeper while in defense and then having join them in the attack.

    Any 442(2) tactic that is working and is attacking at the same time is very wellcome.

    Thanks.

    I'll post mine here a bit later when I'm on.

    Thanks mate, going to try it then. Even though i found my main formation with the 451, i really like to play other formations for a few games
  • limjitwe
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    I’ll post mine soon
  • Vaporduff777
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gonna give this a go again. Pogba and Aouar as my cdms can it work?
  • IAIK7
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am looking for a 442(2) tactic as I am about to give the 442(2) annother try after not using it for about two month now. I have top quality players in every position and I am going to play Gullit and either futties Pogba or TOTY Modric as CDM. As they are very attacking and good in going foreward I think its best to start with CDM´s instead of CM (like in the 442flat) to have them sitting a bid deeper while in defense and then having join them in the attack.

    Any 442(2) tactic that is working and is attacking at the same time is very wellcome.

    Thanks.

    I'll post mine here a bit later when I'm on.

    Thanks mate, going to try it then. Even though i found my main formation with the 451, i really like to play other formations for a few games

    Defensive Style
    Drop Back
    6
    4

    Offense
    Balanced
    6
    7
    3
    2

    Player Instructions
    RB + CBs + LB - Stay Back While Attacking

    Defensive CDM (for me this is TOTS Goretzka) - Cut Passing Lanes, Stay Back While Attacking, Cover Center

    Offensive CDM (for me this is Prime Gullit) - Cut Passing Lanes, Cover Center

    LM + RM - Come Back On Defence, Stay Wide

    STs - Stay Central

    My current team after an in-game formation switch (WBY starts on 7 chem):
    20190731-102216.jpg

    I hope this help. Obviously you can tinker with stuff so it suits your playstyle. For example, if you've got wide players who are a threat in the air, you may want to set them to 'get into the box for crosses'.
  • EisenErmin
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 31
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am looking for a 442(2) tactic as I am about to give the 442(2) annother try after not using it for about two month now. I have top quality players in every position and I am going to play Gullit and either futties Pogba or TOTY Modric as CDM. As they are very attacking and good in going foreward I think its best to start with CDM´s instead of CM (like in the 442flat) to have them sitting a bid deeper while in defense and then having join them in the attack.

    Any 442(2) tactic that is working and is attacking at the same time is very wellcome.

    Thanks.

    I'll post mine here a bit later when I'm on.

    Thanks mate, going to try it then. Even though i found my main formation with the 451, i really like to play other formations for a few games

    Defensive Style
    Drop Back
    6
    4

    Offense
    Balanced
    6
    7
    3
    2

    Player Instructions
    RB + CBs + LB - Stay Back While Attacking

    Defensive CDM (for me this is TOTS Goretzka) - Cut Passing Lanes, Stay Back While Attacking, Cover Center

    Offensive CDM (for me this is Prime Gullit) - Cut Passing Lanes, Cover Center

    LM + RM - Come Back On Defence, Stay Wide

    STs - Stay Central

    My current team after an in-game formation switch (WBY starts on 7 chem):
    20190731-102216.jpg

    I hope this help. Obviously you can tinker with stuff so it suits your playstyle. For example, if you've got wide players who are a threat in the air, you may want to set them to 'get into the box for crosses'.

    Thanks for posting. I really doubt that tactics will fit my playstyle at all. I never !!!! use drop back and i never use stay back on my fullbacks. In fact my LB TOTY Marcello is playing like a winger in every formation i use.
    I will try it anyway, maybe it is not as defensive as it seems.
  • IAIK7
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am looking for a 442(2) tactic as I am about to give the 442(2) annother try after not using it for about two month now. I have top quality players in every position and I am going to play Gullit and either futties Pogba or TOTY Modric as CDM. As they are very attacking and good in going foreward I think its best to start with CDM´s instead of CM (like in the 442flat) to have them sitting a bid deeper while in defense and then having join them in the attack.

    Any 442(2) tactic that is working and is attacking at the same time is very wellcome.

    Thanks.

    I'll post mine here a bit later when I'm on.

    Thanks mate, going to try it then. Even though i found my main formation with the 451, i really like to play other formations for a few games

    Defensive Style
    Drop Back
    6
    4

    Offense
    Balanced
    6
    7
    3
    2

    Player Instructions
    RB + CBs + LB - Stay Back While Attacking

    Defensive CDM (for me this is TOTS Goretzka) - Cut Passing Lanes, Stay Back While Attacking, Cover Center

    Offensive CDM (for me this is Prime Gullit) - Cut Passing Lanes, Cover Center

    LM + RM - Come Back On Defence, Stay Wide

    STs - Stay Central

    My current team after an in-game formation switch (WBY starts on 7 chem):
    20190731-102216.jpg

    I hope this help. Obviously you can tinker with stuff so it suits your playstyle. For example, if you've got wide players who are a threat in the air, you may want to set them to 'get into the box for crosses'.

    Thanks for posting. I really doubt that tactics will fit my playstyle at all. I never !!!! use drop back and i never use stay back on my fullbacks. In fact my LB TOTY Marcello is playing like a winger in every formation i use.
    I will try it anyway, maybe it is not as defensive as it seems.

    It's not what I would call an attacking setup either. It's more of a build up to an attack setup. The drop back is simply there as I find it helps me get the ball back quicker.
  • Nivaze
    2418 posts Fans' Favourite
    So apparently TOTS prices drop and I managed to buy a TOTS Yedder for 370k.

    I’ll start playing abit again now just to play with my iconic duo TOTS Yedder and Messi!
  • EisenErmin
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    Nivaze wrote: »
    So apparently TOTS prices drop and I managed to buy a TOTS Yedder for 370k.

    I’ll start playing abit again now just to play with my iconic duo TOTS Yedder and Messi!

    Nice bargain there mate. The prizes dropped like crazy today. Have a look at TOTS Dembele 800K down to 250K

    I made my first bad investment this year.I did spend 5 million coins on TOTS Dumfries and HL Son yesterday as they were really low and they are not in packs from today on,... but they are dropping even more.... 1.5-2 million loss i guess.... maybe they recover at te weekend
  • Nivaze
    2418 posts Fans' Favourite
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Nivaze wrote: »
    So apparently TOTS prices drop and I managed to buy a TOTS Yedder for 370k.

    I’ll start playing abit again now just to play with my iconic duo TOTS Yedder and Messi!

    Nice bargain there mate. The prizes dropped like crazy today. Have a look at TOTS Dembele 800K down to 250K

    I made my first bad investment this year.I did spend 5 million coins on TOTS Dumfries and HL Son yesterday as they were really low and they are not in packs from today on,... but they are dropping even more.... 1.5-2 million loss i guess.... maybe they recover at te weekend

    It’s the end of the game anyways so I wouldn’t be too bothered about it if I were you.

    Just played a game and Yedder is just so much fun, if only my gameplay was fun too...
Sign In or Register to comment.