Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• Nivaze
    2418 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nivaze wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    Futties Promes is probably the best wide player I've tried in this formation. He's insane and so much fun.
    If only he was still in La Liga he would be so easy to link but for now he's a sub.

I'm really hoping for a Futties Pogba, would be so much fun to have a 5* SM midfielder.

Talking off very good subs, Lozano is very good off the bench. Electric pace, great dribbling and very good in the air. I'm thinking off completing the Bale SBC as well. Lewandowski (TOTS) is currently my MVP though. The guy is incredible for this formation.

I have so many players now I don't even know who to start and who to use as a sub.

TOTS Mertens, TOTS Fekir, FB Depay and Futties Promes are all incredible subs but also starters and then there's TOTS Messi, PIM ADP, Prime Eusebio, FB Firmino who all can start too.

I actually prefer TOTS Mertens and PIM ADP as strike force at the moment, but it's so hard to fit everyone in on chem. I'm abit fed up with Eusebio but I really need him for chemistry reasons. He's an incredible finisher but he's the one player I always somehow lose the ball with. I feel like he's not smooth enough on the ball to be a ''dribbler'' like Mertens, ADP and Messi and he's not strong either like FB Firmino. I think the issue with Eusebio for me is the more stocky build.

I have middle Euesbio and get what you mean, I pushed him wide left because he wasn't doing it for me. Hes actually been very good there . I have him set to cut inside so he gets his fair spare of goals.

I'm probably going to drop Best for a bit, hes on over 800 games but I want to get Robben in and even though there better players out there quite a few icon cheap strikers I want to try before the and of the game. Shearer, Larrson, Klose, Trequezt and Owen

Yeah, Eusebio is a lethal finisher but I feel like he lacks in the other areas.

Robben always tears me a new one when playing against him, I think you will like him a lot!

You were right about Robben mate. Love him so far, he plays just like real life. Scored a belter last night that was typical robben. Guy slide in litte jig inside onto the left and curled into the far corner. He fades 2nd half so throw on futties lozono. Dropped Ramos as well to keep best him.
    Teams the below now. The strikers are not clicking I feel Euesbio and Pele are too similar. My best two strikers this year have been Ibra and UEFA cup Falcao, think I prefer a slower target man. Think going to sell Pele but no idea who to buy instead would leave me with around 3.7m (ps4) but have 60 packs to open tonight so can any another 300k on that even I they are all discards.

Gk. Nif de gea (tradable)
    Rb. Purple florenzi
    CB. Pim maldini
    CB. Fb Luiz
    Lb Toty Marcelo (tradable)

Rm. Eoe robben
    Cdm. Prime gullit
    Cdm. Prime ballack (tradable)
    Lm prime best

St. 98 pele (tradable)
    St. Middle euesbio

There’s not much to upgrade in your squad, all endgame material so changes will come to personal preference.
  • limjitwe
    6780 posts Big Money Move
    Robben is starting to interest me for the SBC. But I feel Dybala or Pogba might be in the futies soon. I’ve 3 more days though.
  • diavolo
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Raul or Butragueno to partner up with EoA Torres upfront?
  • Nivaze
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Robben is starting to interest me for the SBC. But I feel Dybala or Pogba might be in the futies soon. I’ve 3 more days though.

Oh man, I really hope we get that Pogba!
  • limjitwe
    diavolo wrote: »

Raul for me. Raul with his 4* skills does compliment Torres. Your attack might be more predictable with 2 3* skillers up top
  • Th3DirtyPriest
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What's the most recent/current tactic setups? Is it still page 1?
  • Finesse_4days
    7176 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 12
    diavolo wrote: »

Butragueno, Torres feels slow so you need someone fast and agile next to him, and Butra has 5* weakfoot and better shooting.
  • Finesse_4days
    does this midfiield suit a 442(2)?
    Togs Neymar 85 Blanc 91 Ballack 90Mbappe

I am not sure if that would be too poor build up play wise in the middle, I could get Tots fernadiniho for Blanc or get Prime Lothar instaed of Blanc and then Fut birthday Costa for Neymar.

• Nivaze
    What's the most recent/current tactic setups? Is it still page 1?

The ones from the first page still works but everyone kinda adjusted the tactics to their own taste.
  • Nivaze

I am not sure if that would be too poor build up play wise in the middle, I could get Tots fernadiniho for Blanc or get Prime Lothar instaed of Blanc and then Fut birthday Costa for Neymar.

I think that midfield lacks creativy, I would replace Blanc if I were you.

What’s your budget?
  • Safehands84
    3514 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone used Prime Stochkoiv?
  • Finesse_4days
    edited July 12

I think that midfield lacks creativy, I would replace Blanc if I were you.

What’s your budget?

400k to replace Blanc keeping Togs Neymar, then between 1.2 and 1.4mill if I sell Neymar and get either Fut birthday costa or use Tots gomez Lm.
  • limjitwe
    How’s everyone’s WL coming along. I’m at 7-2 now. 1 of the losses was really deserved 3-0 no answers :D My new addition was PIMP Cruyff and I must say so far he has been excellent! Really fast on the turn and his passing is top notch. He’s on the left flank with Mbappe and Ronaldo occupying the striking berths

After 9 games I am happy my forwards are scoring pretty well.

Mbappe x10
    Ronaldo x6
    Havertz x 7
    PIMP Cruyff x2
    Eusebio x2
    Da Costa
  • Nivaze
    I'm 5-0 now, but I'm really not motivated to play and so weren't my opponents as they all RQ in the first half.

I must say Messi really surprised me so far, his first time shots are amazing.
  • IAIK7
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    Ended Friday 8-2. The first loss was one of the most bs games I've ever played. I went into halftime 1-0 after having 6 shots on target to the opponent's 0. I knew after the first couple of saves, it was going to be one of them matches. I lost 2-1 in et. The opponent had 2 shots on target, I had 17. The other loss was was a very close game, with better opponent prevailing

Other than that, I'm actually playing some good stuff at times (with the 442 flat). I'll play later on today, in the evening.
  • Safehands84
    3514 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone noticed a change since the patch. I'm a possession based player and normally have at least 60% of the ball, since the latch my teams turned into counter attacking with my wide men sticking to the touch line and getting in behind. I've not touched my tactics, also means I'm struggling as it not how I play. Maybe its just placebo and in my head
  • IAIK7
    Anyone noticed a change since the patch. I'm a possession based player and normally have at least 60% of the ball, since the latch my teams turned into counter attacking with my wide men sticking to the touch line and getting in behind. I've not touched my tactics, also means I'm struggling as it not how I play. Maybe its just placebo and in my head

The only thing I've noticed since the patch, is that I'm hitting the post a lot more now.
  • I was finally able to go for gullit 93. What is the best position for him in game? he fits perfect all over, although im happy with all of my current players im still looking in what position he will dominate best.
  • IAIK7
    Shadows070 wrote: »
    I was finally able to go for gullit 93. What is the best position for him in game? he fits perfect all over, although im happy with all of my current players im still looking in what position he will dominate best.

I play him as a LCM in a 442 flat (using the Engine chem) and he's immense there.
  • IAIK7
    Anybody else still rocking the 442(2) or flat?
  • SuperSonicSean
    5971 posts Big Money Move

2nd variation is the better of the two. Having CDM instructions to cut passing lanes is essential. You can set them up to operate like a flat 442 if you'd like, but the flat 442 formation doesn't give you cut passing lanes instructions.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    This is my go to formation as of late. I think I finally found a formation that speaks to me personally. I like having the two banks of 4 to defend, two DMs to cut passing lanes, 2 ST (I bring one back to help out in the midfield if I'm getting overwhelmed) and 2 wide mids to cross or switch the play.

I find having H/H or H/M work rates on the wide mids with come back on defense instructions really hinders the 4231 that everyone likes to run. They're dying to play that long diagonal to the wide CAM, but the wide man and the fullback marking them should be more than enough to close them out. I keep my fullbacks on stay back too, and use the fullbacks join attack dpad tactic if I feel comfortable with my wing defense.
  • IAIK7

2nd variation is the better of the two. Having CDM instructions to cut passing lanes is essential. You can set them up to operate like a flat 442 if you'd like, but the flat 442 formation doesn't give you cut passing lanes instructions.

I've personally had more success with the 442 flat. But the 442(2) is still in my preset as a more defensive option.
  • Ronskii23
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Last week I went 6–6 using the 4231(5 width/depth), couldn’t create much. Went back to 442, finished 17-9
  • EisenErmin
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    Nice to see this guide is still alive. :smile:

I have not played the 442 or 442(2) for a while now, but i might come back for some games.

Currently using the 451 and having the best results and the most fun i had all year long. The 451 needs no defensive minded player at all, all out attack with everyone comming at the 4231 drop back clowns. I love it :smile:
  • IAIK7
    EisenErmin wrote: »

I have not played the 442 or 442(2) for a while now, but i might come back for some games.

Currently using the 451 and having the best results and the most fun i had all year long. The 451 needs no defensive minded player at all, all out attack with everyone comming at the 4231 drop back clowns. I love it :smile:

Glad you're whipping the floor with those clowns. I'm really enjoying my team atm as well. I've gone from 2 target forwards to 2 smaller strikers and it's working great so far (@Nivaze would be proud). The fact that they both have a 5* wf is also great as I can be unpredictable in my attack.

My team lines up like this after a in-game formation switch (WBY starts on 7 chem):
    20190725-193922.jpg
  • EisenErmin

Glad you're whipping the floor with those clowns. I'm really enjoying my team atm as well. I've gone from 2 target forwards to 2 smaller strikers and it's working great so far (@Nivaze would be proud). The fact that they both have a 5* wf is also great as I can be unpredictable in my attack.

My team lines up like this after a in-game formation switch (WBY starts on 7 chem):
    20190725-193922.jpg

Great team and 5 star weak foot attackers are nice to have for sure.

My attacking force in the 451 now is:

ST: TOTS CR7 (red player pick :smile: )
    CAM´s: Prime Gullit and PIM Pele
    LM+RM: PIM Ronaldinho and PIM Eusebio
    CM: TOTY Modric

It does not matter who gets into a scoring position, they all can do it on world class level anythime and from anywhere. TOTY Marcello as LB is joining the attacking force to, like he always did :smile:
  • IAIK7

20190725-193922.jpg

It does not matter who gets into a scoring position, they all can do it on world class level anythime and from anywhere. TOTY Marcello as LB is joining the attacking force to, like he always did :smile:

Jeez, that's some offensive team. I don't know how my defence would deal with that.
  • EisenErmin

20190725-193922.jpg

Jeez, that's some offensive team. I don't know how my defence would deal with that.

Finished 20-8 last WL with it and i had to play 25games in a long long session on late sunday night. So i lost the focuss here and there and was realy tired at around 15 games in. Might have been able to finish Elite with some breaks and annother day to play the remainig 10 games or so. It is not to bad in defense (even without a defensive minded CM/CDM) , but it creates havoc in the opponents half. Even more so if he decides to play more aggressive when a goal behind. If you pull your backline out of position against this 451, you are done and likely a candidate for a rage quit whithin minutes.
  • Tennster10
    1909 posts Play-Off Hero
    Any one have experienced with middle vs prime Ballack?
    Thx