Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• Chalmo
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Chalmo wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    For those contemplating doing the Fekir SBC, do it. He's immense. He's replaced 91 Eusebio as a LM in a 442 (with the Hunter chem) and for me, he's playing miles better than Eusebio ever was (granted Fekir is better suited as a LM). Silky smooth on the ball, the best passer in the game for me, and a sublime left shot are his positives. I haven't tested his weak foot out due to not being in positions to do so, but I imagine that's his biggest negative. For how much his SBC costs, I think it's a bargain. All games were played in division 1.

I completed him at lunch for 50k.
    Now I'm waiting for the big boy tonight ... Pogba let's hope ahah.

Can't wait to try out Fekir. With Aouar in the team and as a Lyon fan.. :)

I’m loving my Lyon triangle with Fekir, Aouar and Depay! If only my boy Lacazette was still there...

After trying your 4231 tactics for a while I just realized it’s not for me, I feel like the ST is too isolated. I concede just as much with the 4231 as with the 442 but I score alot less.

I have to admit I'm better with the 442 at the moment as well.
  • limjitwe
    8360 posts League Winner
    For those contemplating doing the Fekir SBC, do it. He's immense. He's replaced 91 Eusebio as a LM in a 442 (with the Hunter chem) and for me, he's playing miles better than Eusebio ever was (granted Fekir is better suited as a LM). Silky smooth on the ball, the best passer in the game for me, and a sublime left shot are his positives. I haven't tested his weak foot out due to not being in positions to do so, but I imagine that's his biggest negative. For how much his SBC costs, I think it's a bargain. All games were played in division 1.

Thankfully I read this. I almost forgot he’s expiring.

Hopefully he’s as good for me as he’s been for you.
  • ASX
    3190 posts National Call-Up
    Did mahrez this morning purely untradeable and league sbc packed cards and got some decent cards in the packs back...mahrez (lol) and handanovic so in profit.

UpMGk1m.jpg
  • Chalmo
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2019
    Hey guys,
    what's up?

Here we are with the end game team. I'm sad I did not get the Pogba TOTS I was waiting for, unfortunately.
    And now I don't really know how to upgrade/finish my team with the coins I have left. So I would like your wise advices :)

First of, there is 2 options:
    - Playing Aouar as CM/CDM next to Goretzka = I need 1 forward (I prefer this option I think)
    - Playing Aouar as one of the 4 forwards = I need 1 CM/CDM
    Knowing this, you are free to propose me anything.

All the players are untradable except for:
    lacazette - reus - kimmich - van dijk - de gea

I have 1.7M credits left in the bank.

1561702145-capture-d-ecran-2019-06-28-a-08-08-37.png

• Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Hey guys,
    what's up?

Here we are with the end game team. I'm sad I did not get the Pogba TOTS I was waiting for, unfortunately.
    And now I don't really know how to upgrade/finish my team with the coins I have left. So I would like your wise advices :)

- Playing Aouar as CM/CDM next to Goretzka = I need 1 forward (I prefer this option I think)

I would sell Reus, move Fekir to RM, get TOTS Ben Yedder or Griezmann to play up top.

Then with the coins you’ll have left upgrade your backline.
  • Chalmo
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    Hey guys,
    what's up?

I would sell Reus, move Fekir to RM, get TOTS Ben Yedder or Griezmann to play up top.

Well, I did tried Ben Yedder (not enough tho) and I was not in love with him.
    So I would consider this option like a downgrade. Reus is awesome.

But thanks :)
  • Nivaze
    Hey guys,
    what's up?

How about Griezmann?

I honestly don’t think your attacking players are the problem, but Salah, VVD and Kimmich needs to be changed.

• Ricey12368
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've made bank on Quag and El shaarawy so im half tempted not to play this weekend and just take the profit
  • Chalmo
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    Hey guys,
    what's up?

How about Griezmann?

I honestly don’t think your attacking players are the problem, but Salah, VVD and Kimmich needs to be changed.

Well, I could afford Van Dijk Toty or try my untradable Chiellini TOTS.
  • EisenErmin
    9630 posts League Winner
    edited June 2019
    Back to the 442:

It has been a while since i played the 442(2) or 442 in WL, but after playing all kind of different formations over the last weeks, i decided to go back to basics and give the 442flat a WL run.
    Basicly using the tactics and instructions @Nivaze suggested, but lowered width to 3 bars as most of the goals i concede are comming through the middle.
    Having used the 433(5) for weeks now as my main formation it has improved my passing game a lot and that seems to benefit me with the 442 aswell.
    Only played two games so far, but they were impressing. First game was a 4-2 win, but i should have scored way more, followed by a 9-0 win in my second game. I dont know why the opponent did not quit, but it was perfect to get the scoring machine going. I have to say i played my A-game the whole game and unlike others i did not make fun of my opponent in the second half. It was about scoring and not about humiliating my opponent.

Lets see how long my good run lasts....

This is my team for the WL:
    https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/8826822
  • Seandimes
    3091 posts National Call-Up
    Slightly off topic, but if any of you are getting the new F1 game, send me a message, I m always up for a couple races :)
  • Nivaze
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Back to the 442:

It has been a while since i played the 442(2) or 442 in WL, but after playing all kind of different formations over the last weeks, i decided to go back to basics and give the 442flat a WL run.
    Basicly using the tactics and instructions @Nivaze suggested, but lowered width to 3 bars as most of the goals i concede are comming through the middle.
    Having used the 433(5) for weeks now as my main formation it has improved my passing game a lot and that seems to benefit me with the 442 aswell.
    Only played two games so far, but they were impressing. First game was a 4-2 win, but i should have scored way more, followed by a 9-0 win in my second game. I dont know why the opponent did not quit, but it was perfect to get the scoring machine going. I have to say i played my A-game the whole game and unlike others i did not make fun of my opponent in the second half. It was about scoring and not about humiliating my opponent.

You’re also using stay wide on the wingers?

Interesting that you went with 3 width, I might give that a try.
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but if any of you are getting the new F1 game, send me a message, I m always up for a couple races :)

I'm average at the game but I got the Senna Prost edition as I'm F1 mad. What platform are you on?
  • Seandimes

I'm average at the game but I got the Senna Prost edition as I'm F1 mad. What platform are you on?

PS4. Got the legend edition for cheap, cant wait to play when I get home!
  • IAIK7

Had the game a couple of days now. The handling system definitely takes some time getting used to. And there's a lot more to do e.g. customisation, events etc. Overall it's an improvement to last year.
  • Seandimes

Had the game a couple of days now. The handling system definitely takes some time getting used to. And there's a lot more to do e.g. customisation, events etc. Overall it's an improvement to last year.

What platform are you on? I debated a long time if its worth the upgrade from 18, but it seems worth it from what I hear. Still not sure if its worth buying a wheel, the good ones seem quite expensive
  • IAIK7

What platform are you on? I debated a long time if its worth the upgrade from 18, but it seems worth it from what I hear. Still not sure if its worth buying a wheel, the good ones seem quite expensive

I'm on PS4. I'll be looking for a racing setup once I can free up some room. But for now I'm on the controller.
  • IAIK7
    I'll be running the 442 flat as my main formation for this weekend league. I am looking to replace FB Muller as I'd like a H/M or H/L striker to partner with TOTS Cavani (H/H). I've got just over 3m so any suggests are welcome. My team:
    20190628-155539.jpg

Before formation switch:
    Screenshot-20190628-155154-Companion.jpg
    Screenshot-20190628-155201-Companion.jpg

Formation Presets
    Ultra Defensive - 4231(2)
    Defensive - 442(2)
    Balanced - 4222 (for chem)
    Attacking - 442
    Ultra Attacking - 4222

Good everyone with their weekend league endeavours!
  • EisenErmin
    9630 posts League Winner
    edited June 2019
    Back to the 442:

Yes, stay wide on LM+RM and 3 width. From my experience so far in WL and some rivals games over the last days it is perfect to be a bid more narrow against the 4231 and 41212(2). You rarely if ever get exploited on the wings because of beeing to narrow. Quite often the RM+LM drop to a more central position while defending aswell. Againts a 433 wide formation that could ask for trouble, but you rarely face that. If so you can still change in ingame.
  • Nivaze
    Back to the 442:

Yes, stay wide on LM+RM and 3 width. From my experience so far in WL and some rivals games over the last days it is perfect to be a bid more narrow against the 4231 and 41212(2). You rarely if ever get exploited on the wings because of beeing to narrow. Quite often the RM+LM drop to a more central position while defending aswell. Againts a 433 wide formation that could ask for trouble, but you rarely face that. If so you can still change in ingame.

I just like the width on the wide players with stay wide, I might put get into the box for crosses on them too. It either drags the fullbacks out to create space for the strikers or it creates lots of space out wide to cut inside.

I have no time to play today but my internet should be fixed, will have to play 30 games in 2 days again but I might settle for G3 or G2.

I also just can't play with a M/H and M/M striker, it just doesn't work for me. So I'm forced to play Messi out wide or up top with Firmino which I don't want so I have to wait till I can get Yedder again.
  • Nivaze
    I'll be running the 442 flat as my main formation for this weekend league. I am looking to replace FB Muller as I'd like a H/M or H/L striker to partner with TOTS Cavani (H/H). I've got just over 3m so any suggests are welcome. My team:
    20190628-155539.jpg

Before formation switch:

Formation Presets
    Defensive - 442(2)
    Attacking - 442
    Ultra Attacking - 4222

Too bad you didn't do Depay or Mertens, especially Mertens is incredibly good and fun. How about Eusebio up top with Cavani?
  • IAIK7
    20190628-155539.jpg

Before formation switch:

Formation Presets
    Defensive - 442(2)
    Attacking - 442
    Ultra Attacking - 4222

Too bad you didn't do Depay or Mertens, especially Mertens is incredibly good and fun. How about Eusebio up top with Cavani?

Need more of a physical person. TOTS Lewandowski is most likely atm.
  • IAIK7
    Played 1 match and I feel drained. A 6-4 win in ET. TOTS Cavani with the hatrick.
  • EisenErmin
    9630 posts League Winner
    Back to the 442:

I just like the width on the wide players with stay wide, I might put get into the box for crosses on them too. It either drags the fullbacks out to create space for the strikers or it creates lots of space out wide to cut inside.

I have no time to play today but my internet should be fixed, will have to play 30 games in 2 days again but I might settle for G3 or G2.

I also just can't play with a M/H and M/M striker, it just doesn't work for me. So I'm forced to play Messi out wide or up top with Firmino which I don't want so I have to wait till I can get Yedder again.

I like them to be wide in the attack aswell. Lost my first game of the day and received very rude messages afterwards. I have never reported anyone for abusive language ever, but this guy was to much. I doubt anyone at Sony Playstation network will care, but maybe they will. The amoutn of hate messages really gets worse every day. I get them about every second game, thats crazy.
  • IAIK7
    Played 1 match and I feel drained. A 6-4 win in ET. TOTS Cavani with the hatrick.
    Back to the 442:

I like them to be wide in the attack aswell. Lost my first game of the day and received very rude messages afterwards. I have never reported anyone for abusive language ever, but this guy was to much. I doubt anyone at Sony Playstation network will care, but maybe they will. The amoutn of hate messages really gets worse every day. I get them about every second game, thats crazy.

Why would you receive a hate message when you lost?
  • Nivaze
    Back to the 442:

Yeah, it gets worse. It’s also usually Dutch, German or UK people who do it.

The other day I beat a guy in Rivals, he went 2-0 up and shushed me but I ended up winning 6-3 or so and after the match he started messaging me all kind of insults and I responded with Shhhhhhhh as he shushed me ingame and after that hell broke loose. It’s just ridicilious.

I don’t think PSN will do something with it tho...
  • EisenErmin
    9630 posts League Winner
    Back to the 442:

I just like the width on the wide players with stay wide, I might put get into the box for cr]sses on them too. It either drags the fullbacks out to create space for the strikers or it creates lots of space out wide to cut inside.

Why would you receive a hate message when you lost?

Because people are stupid and maybe jealous because of my team. The messages are usually like this:
    "You are so bad, ... [insult of your choice], you spend thousands of dollars you [insult of your choice].... "
    Along these lines, you know
  • EisenErmin
    9630 posts League Winner
    Stopping at 6-2 for now. To much stress every game. Should have won 7 insted of 6 but i was to stupid to score and conceded because of horrible defensive movement on my part. The other loss was deserved, but as said followed by insulting messages. Why can people not be happy about winning instead of insulting the player they have just beaten?
  • Ricey12368
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Had a really weird weekend, was 9-1 now im 9-5 the calibre of teams im facing are insane its ridiculous
  • EisenErmin
    9630 posts League Winner
    Ricey12368 wrote: »
    Had a really weird weekend, was 9-1 now im 9-5 the calibre of teams im facing are insane its ridiculous

I am facing stacked squads more often than not too. But when you started 9-1 and therefore having a +8 win / loss ration you get matched against players around that rating aswell. So you probably faced guys with a 8-0 , 10-1,... ratio and some of them might be Elite players.