Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• IAIK7
    3139 posts National Call-Up
    Nivaze wrote: »
    @ASX I’ve tried your tactics yesterday, but I just can’t get used to everyone on get back and drop back.

It requires a slower build up play. I've been using similar tactics for just over a week after seeing a 442 tutorial on YT. It's working good for me so far.
  • Nivaze
    2302 posts Fans' Favourite
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    @ASX I’ve tried your tactics yesterday, but I just can’t get used to everyone on get back and drop back.

It requires a slower build up play. I've been using similar tactics for just over a week after seeing a 442 tutorial on YT. It's working good for me so far.

Yeah, I like quick attacks and winning the ball back quickly.

I’m way too impatient lol.
  • EisenErmin
    5137 posts Big Money Move
    Hey guys, i hope your WL is going well so far. Gameplay was really fluid and no server issues for once for me yesterday evening.

I will have a look here in the 442(2) thread here and there, but i finally decided to switch to the 433(5) now permanent. Started 2 wins / 2 losses yesterday with the 442 and then switched to the 433(5) for full 90 minutes each game. Won 11 and only lost 3 with it, so i am 13-5 now and on track to annother solid Gold1 finish
  • IAIK7

Winning the ball back quickly shouldn't be impacted by having players come back on defence. If it is for you, I'm no sure why. But I definitely noticed such instructions required a slower build up play. In my case, it's suits my style of play. Obviously if you're someone who likes to play at a faster pace then you'll probably hate it. I can still score the the odd counter attack goal every now and then though.
  • Nivaze

Winning the ball back quickly shouldn't be impacted by having players come back on defence. If it is for you, I'm no sure why. But I definitely noticed such instructions required a slower build up play. In my case, it's suits my style of play. Obviously if you're someone who likes to play at a faster pace then you'll probably hate it. I can still score the the odd counter attack goal every now and then though.

I just can’t stand there waiting to get the ball back with all my players around the box, I always concede when I try that.

I just like to keep pushing and pushing till my opponent breaks, I’m a way better attacker than defender so my only way of winning is to outscore my opponent (I know, that’s what’s football about lol) but in my case it’s winning or losing by crazy scorelines like 6-5 :D
  • Ricey12368
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    Decided that mkhi just isn’t as good as Bruno Fernandes but unsure on who to use to link Bruno in my team as Rafa nor Pizzi really appeal to me
  • Nivaze
    edited June 15
    I’m also back to 41212 for now.

Using Firmino and Goretzka as CMs and TOTS Allan as CDM.

Eusebio and Mertens at ST and ADP is killing it as CAM.

Playing fullbacks on balanced for some width.
  • Ricey12368
    edited June 15

what tactics/instructions do you run with 41212? i really wanna try use 41212 as i get slaughtered by it everytime i face it. Also unsure on where id play everyone tbh
  • EisenErmin

Have you tried the 433(5) by now? Maybe in rivals? Perfect for the small players you love and an all out attack aproach. And if the oppositions does not have the ball.... they can not do b u l l s h i t skill croquetas
  • Nivaze
    EisenErmin wrote: »

Have you tried the 433(5) by now? Maybe in rivals? Perfect for the small players you love and an all out attack aproach. And if the oppositions does not have the ball.... they can not do b u l l s h i t skill croquetas

I’ve played it alot before, it’s a good formation.

Maybe I’ll set it as one of my formations too with Del Piero LW, Eusebio ST and Mertens RW.

Firmino and Goretzka as CMs and TOTS Allan (will be replaced by Vieira) as CDM.
  • Nivaze
    Ricey12368 wrote: »

what tactics/instructions do you run with 41212? i really wanna try use 41212 as i get slaughtered by it everytime i face it. Also unsure on where id play everyone tbh

I don’t know them, I’ll post them when I’m on my console again.
  • EisenErmin

Maybe I’ll set it as one of my formations too with Del Piero LW, Eusebio ST and Mertens RW.

Sounds perfect. And you got quality players there.

Bought PIM Ronaldinho yesterday to play CF in the 433(5) and i have to say i never had so much fun using a player. Fantastic player and he has all the skills (which i rarely use) to make you opponent look stupid. And as CF he is so much involved like in no other formation. Should have bought him earlier, what a card.
  • Ricey12368

I don’t know them, I’ll post them when I’m on my console again.

Thank you mate looking forward to it
  • Nivaze

Bought PIM Ronaldinho yesterday to play CF in the 433(5) and i have to say i never had so much fun using a player. Fantastic player and he has all the skills (which i rarely use) to make you opponent look stupid. And as CF he is so much involved like in no other formation. Should have bought him earlier, what a card.

Who are you using as CDM?
  • EisenErmin

Who are you using as CDM?

Prime Gullit as CDM. He is a bid wasted there as he is not contributing that much in attack, but when he goes foreward he can do it all unlike pure CDM like Vieira who is horrible as CDM in the 433(5) as he is a bad dribbler, bad finisher and moves like a truck. CM´s are TOTY De Bruyne and TOTY Modric, thats why Gullit was moved to CDM. 5 star weak foot on Gullit and De Bruyne are perfect as they need to be able to finish both feet. The best CM´s for the 433(5) are 2 out of the following 4: Gullit, TOTY De Bruyne, TOTY Modric and TOTS Eriksen. Lots of good other options, but these 4 are the best in the game. So i went for 3 of them and therefore one has to play CDM and Gullit seems best suited for that.
  • Nivaze
    Overlapping fullbacks are so nice! Kimmich got 2 assists in my last game.

There’s so many players making runs everywhere with 41212 it’s impossible to stop and it’s also really good for a quick counter.

I can finally play ADP at CAM too, where he belongs.
  • EisenErmin

There’s so many players making runs everywhere with 41212 it’s impossible to stop and it’s also really good for a quick counter.

Overlapping is the way to go and always was. TOTY Marcello banged in a hattrick yesterday in WL in my 433(5). Try that with stay back on everyone like all the "pro players" do.
  • Nivaze

Overlapping is the way to go and always was. TOTY Marcello banged in a hattrick yesterday in WL in my 433(5). Try that with stay back on everyone like all the "pro players" do.

Yeah, Sandro just popped up to score a tap in lol, it’s great!

I’m playing on pressure on heavy touch so I usually get the ball back quickly too, it’s really working well so far.
  • wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @EisenErmin please could you post your exact tactics and instructions for each player to go with 433-5?

• EisenErmin
    edited June 16
    @EisenErmin please could you post your exact tactics and instructions for each player to go with 433-5?

Using these at the moment:

press after posession loss
    width: 7
    depth: 6

posession
    width: 8
    players in box: 5

LW+RW: get in behind + get into box
    both CM: get foreward + free roam
    CDM: stay back, cover center, cut passing lanes
    LB+RB: join the attack
    CF = default / no instruction

Be aware its a very very attacking setup with both Fullbacks always joining the attack (but thats important to make the 433(5) work). Dont mess up things in the middle of the pitch in buildup or you are countered a lot. Actually it is quite solid in defense if you avoid loosing the ball in dangerous areas. If you loose it on the wing or near the opponents box, your backline and midfield are solid to defend.

And as the 433(5) plays completely different from any other formation i the game, make sure to give it a go in rivals first and dont look at the results in your first 10 games. Just play it, get used to it and see whan to play which pass and when not. As soon as you have some expereience you will have lots of situations where you can play a pass without even looking on the field or radar, as you know there is a teammate to receive that pass.

Most important positions are the CF and the two CM, as they have to score al lot and they need to do it both feet. 4 star weak or better foot is a must have (with some exceptions) for the CM. Its more important to have a 1million CM and a 10K winger than the other way around.

Play lots of 1-2 passes, lots of 1-2-3 passes (CM to CF to LW to CM; CM receives the ball in the box to finish) and in general move around a lot and only use sprint when you have lots of space. Think ahead when doing the passing combinations and starting runs with your midfielder

This is my (enddgame) team if you are interested in a top tier squad for this formation:
    https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/8571241 (starting in a 4222 for chem reasons with Ronaldinho on 7chem and van Dijk on 8)
  • Pieman25
    15415 posts World Class
    Was having a lot of success with the 442 but now it seems I'm hitting a lot of 433 users and it's a struggle. Any tips to counter the 3 in midfield?
  • EisenErmin
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Was having a lot of success with the 442 but now it seems I'm hitting a lot of 433 users and it's a struggle. Any tips to counter the 3 in midfield?

3 man midfield yourself :smile:
  • Pieman25
    15415 posts World Class

Yeah but I was keen to stick to this formation lol. I agree with what you're saying but is there a way to counter it using this, it's very difficult to play through the 433s.
  • IAIK7
    edited June 16

Yeah but I was keen to stick to this formation lol. I agree with what you're saying but is there a way to counter it using this, it's very difficult to play through the 433s.

What's your team? I use the 442(2) and wouldn't I struggle against any particular formation (just against really good players). But with the 442, workrates are vital. So I'd be interested how you've set your team up.
  • Nivaze
    @EisenErmin try Florenzi as CM, he’s amazing!
  • Ricey12368
    edited June 16
    Stopped at gold 3, just couldn’t get on with my team this weekend.

Sold it all and now gonna wait for rewards to build again. Might try play De Paul at striker with Suarez instead of on the wing where he hasn’t contributed much at all.

Rijkaard is still being a pain in my team as it forces me to find cbs that can play rb decently.

Also tempted to try out 41212(2) but I like crossing and feel like might be limited opportunities for that in such a narrow formation.

https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/8575325

Used this and subbed off Jorginho for Mkhi

Any suggestions?
  • EisenErmin

I dont doubt that, but i dont think he will make me bench one of my midfielders: TOTY De Bruyne, TOTY Modric and Prime Gullit. :smile:

That said, i use him as sub either in midfield or as fullback when my starter run out of gas in overtime. Cannot link him in my team anymore and had to use Cancelo for that reason
  • Nivaze

I dont doubt that, but i dont think he will make me bench one of my midfielders: TOTY De Bruyne, TOTY Modric and Prime Gullit. :smile:

That said, i use him as sub either in midfield or as fullback when my starter run out of gas in overtime. Cannot link him in my team anymore and had to use Cancelo for that reason

I can now see why you like TOTY Marcelo alot, TOTS Kimmich gets into great positions but it would be really nice to have 5* or even 4* skills in the fullbacks.
  • Nivaze

Sold it all and now gonna wait for rewards to build again. Might try play De Paul at striker with Suarez instead of on the wing where he hasn’t contributed much at all.

Rijkaard is still being a pain in my team as it forces me to find cbs that can play rb decently.

Also tempted to try out 41212(2) but I like crossing and feel like might be limited opportunities for that in such a narrow formation.

Any suggestions?

You’ll have plenty of crossing opportunities with 41212(2) as the fullbacks keep bombing up and down the wing and the strikers run in behind to receive the cross for a tap in.

You could play Rijkaard CDM in 41212 as all he has to do is intercept and I guess he’s good at that.
  • Ricey12368

Any suggestions?

You’ll have plenty of crossing opportunities with 41212(2) as the fullbacks keep bombing up and down the wing and the strikers run in behind to receive the cross for a tap in.

You could play Rijkaard CDM in 41212 as all he has to do is intercept and I guess he’s good at that.

Yeah I’ll try him at cdm to start with. I like him at cb too a lot just affects my whole team. If the fullbacks are that important do you think I should keep trent or florenzi at Rb? Then keep the other one at wide cm
    Decided I don’t really wanna use mkhi as linking him is just a pain tbh.

Do you think Suarez and de Paul would be a good striker partnership?