Seandimes' 442(2) guide *New custom tactic added + gameplay vids*

Comments

  • Filthee_Fing
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    88 Vieira + TOTY Modric good combination as CDMs for this formation?

    Current Plan:

    Eusebio - Ibra
    neymar - mbappe
    Vieira - TOTY Modric
    Marcelo - Ramos - Varane - Lala
  • Seandimes
    1330 posts Professional
    edited March 22
    @Nivaze definitely, get the 85 Ferdinand though

    @Filthee_Fing Yea definitely a good combination
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Seandimes yeah I figured the 85 is better, you think Rio is better than Ramos? I’m pretty new to Icons as this is the first year I can get my hands on them.

    I would love Sandro and Walker as my fullbacks as they’re both H/H and pretty tall, I’m not that good at defending compared to attacking so everything helps.
  • Shadows070
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 22
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Shadows070 wrote: »
    What do you guys think?
    (i sold my main and fitness team but planning to buy back soon)

    Currently my team with untradables except the gold cards:
    EIJVWjg.jpg

    Im planning on changing
    Kante - Lerma
    Aguero - Son
    Felipe Anderson (TIF) - Willian
    Sterling (IF) - David Silva

    Rest of the coins will go in to a Bundasliga team with untradable Rivaldo as right striker.

    I personally wouldn’t play Kante in that role, someone like Pogba will be better.

    TIF Anderson is amazing, highly recommend him, Sterling also seems good as a winger and Aguero is great.



    Wouldnt it be better to have a high defensive CDM like kante instead of Pogba?
    Doucoure has high attacking and medium defensive workrates

    TIF Anderson plays like a hot knife going trough butter :)
    Maybe Ill keep son as a left winger or use IF Yedder, just hope ill have enough coins left for Anderson
  • Seandimes
    1330 posts Professional
    Nivaze wrote: »
    @Seandimes yeah I figured the 85 is better, you think Rio is better than Ramos? I’m pretty new to Icons as this is the first year I can get my hands on them.

    I would love Sandro and Walker as my fullbacks as they’re both H/H and pretty tall, I’m not that good at defending compared to attacking so everything helps.

    Yes. Had 85 Ferdi last year, and he was one of the best cbs I have had. Definitely a league above Ramos.
    Shadows070 wrote: »
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Shadows070 wrote: »
    What do you guys think?
    (i sold my main and fitness team but planning to buy back soon)

    Currently my team with untradables except the gold cards:
    EIJVWjg.jpg

    Im planning on changing
    Kante - Lerma
    Aguero - Son
    Felipe Anderson (TIF) - Willian
    Sterling (IF) - David Silva

    Rest of the coins will go in to a Bundasliga team with untradable Rivaldo as right striker.

    I personally wouldn’t play Kante in that role, someone like Pogba will be better.

    TIF Anderson is amazing, highly recommend him, Sterling also seems good as a winger and Aguero is great.



    Wouldnt it be better to have a high defensive CDM like kante instead of Pogba?

    No, we actually want two cdms with attacking workrates. They track back on their own due to the custom tactics, and give us more options in attack. Kante is a great cdm, but not that well suited to the 442
  • Jdreew
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Need your opinion should I sell TOTY KDB to get a better striker to replace Yedder and just go with Petit + Gullit partnership in the mid field?
  • Seandimes wrote: »
    Nivaze wrote: »
    @Seandimes yeah I figured the 85 is better, you think Rio is better than Ramos? I’m pretty new to Icons as this is the first year I can get my hands on them.

    Wouldnt it be better to have a high defensive CDM like kante instead of Pogba?

    No, we actually want two cdms with attacking workrates. They track back on their own due to the custom tactics, and give us more options in attack. Kante is a great cdm, but not that well suited to the 442

    Thanks, thats logical indeed.
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jdreew wrote: »
    Need your opinion should I sell TOTY KDB to get a better striker to replace Yedder and just go with Petit + Gullit partnership in the mid field?

    After playing with 90 Petit over at my friends house yesterday I’m completely sold on him. What a beast, intercepts everything and has a great pass and shot. Just don’t try to do fancy things with him and keep it simple.

    If I were you I’d sell KDB, get Messi to replace WBY and get the best version possible of Petit you can within your budget.
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Nivaze wrote: »
    @Seandimes yeah I figured the 85 is better, you think Rio is better than Ramos? I’m pretty new to Icons as this is the first year I can get my hands on them.

    I would love Sandro and Walker as my fullbacks as they’re both H/H and pretty tall, I’m not that good at defending compared to attacking so everything helps.

    Yes. Had 85 Ferdi last year, and he was one of the best cbs I have had. Definitely a league above Ramos.
    Shadows070 wrote: »
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Shadows070 wrote: »
    What do you guys think?
    (i sold my main and fitness team but planning to buy back soon)

    Currently my team with untradables except the gold cards:
    EIJVWjg.jpg

    Im planning on changing
    Kante - Lerma
    Aguero - Son
    Felipe Anderson (TIF) - Willian
    Sterling (IF) - David Silva

    Rest of the coins will go in to a Bundasliga team with untradable Rivaldo as right striker.

    I personally wouldn’t play Kante in that role, someone like Pogba will be better.

    TIF Anderson is amazing, highly recommend him, Sterling also seems good as a winger and Aguero is great.



    Wouldnt it be better to have a high defensive CDM like kante instead of Pogba?

    No, we actually want two cdms with attacking workrates. They track back on their own due to the custom tactics, and give us more options in attack. Kante is a great cdm, but not that well suited to the 442

    Alright, I’ll give Rio a shot. I might be able to sqeeuze in RTTF Telles if I sell my 84s and 85s.
  • diavolo
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is Kroos suitable enough to cover one of the CDM Spots? Shadow or anchor at least to boost lack of speed and defending.
  • limjitwe
    6082 posts Big Money Move
    diavolo wrote: »
    Is Kroos suitable enough to cover one of the CDM Spots? Shadow or anchor at least to boost lack of speed and defending.

    Kroos and who?
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    Messi really is amazing, best card I’ve played with this year. His M/M workrates are no issue when using the targetman instructions.

    His dribbling is so good, and unlike WBY, Mertens, Gomez etc he barely get pushed off the ball. He can score from everywhere with his left and right foot and he sets up so many good attacks.

    I think I haven’t lost like 20 games in a row in D1 in H2H (players there are obviously worse than in DR and WL). Can’t wait to play with him next WL!
  • Filthee_Fing
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Seandimes wrote: »
    @Nivaze definitely, get the 85 Ferdinand though

    @Filthee_Fing Yea definitely a good combination

    Sweet - thanks. Given market prices, I may switch Ibra with CR7 and have the Portuguese duo up top
  • diavolo
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    limjitwe wrote: »
    diavolo wrote: »
    Is Kroos suitable enough to cover one of the CDM Spots? Shadow or anchor at least to boost lack of speed and defending.

    Kroos and who?

    as i am trying to get CR7 in the formation, it would be matuidi, the defensiv part.
  • Seandimes
    1330 posts Professional
    Damn, was looking forward so much to David Villa, but that agility and balance just kills the card
  • Seandimes
    1330 posts Professional
    that cdm meunier though looks really nice
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 22
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Damn, was looking forward so much to David Villa, but that agility and balance just kills the card

    I was so hyped when I saw the card, I was like YES for once they didn’t mess up the stamina and then... I saw the agility and balance...

    EA really has a thing for hyping you up, and then throw it right back into your face.
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    And indeed Meunier looks nice but RTTF Kondogbia > Meunier IMO.
  • Seandimes
    1330 posts Professional
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Damn, was looking forward so much to David Villa, but that agility and balance just kills the card

    I was so hyped when I saw the card, I was like YES for once they didn’t mess up the stamina and then... I saw the agility and balance...

    EA really has a thing for hyping you up, and then throw it right back into your face.

    well he already had decent stamina to begin with, so I guess they had to make up for it elsewhere :(
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 22
    Eventho I’m not really interested in any of the new players I managed to snipe Kondogbia for 310k and Messi for 520k.

    My squad is currently looking like this, and I’m still sitting on 516k and probably 150k worth of players to sell.

    Any recommendations to fill up the CB and LB spot? I could also get Mbappe and Lala back which will cost roughly 380k I think.

    123xf2h.jpg[IMG][/img]
  • Seandimes
    1330 posts Professional
    Base Ferdinand and Marcelo?
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah one option I figured is Rio and Sandro but I’m curious to see if there’s other good options.

    I kinda want to do Villa, with a sniper card he’s not too bad and I loved watching him play at Barcelona. Also could be a good sub for WBY.

    Other options are: Ramos or HL Hernandez with either Marcelo or even FS Mendy.

    Wish I could get Militao and Telles in, but that wont work with chem.
  • Seandimes
    1330 posts Professional
    Yea I am just waiting for some reviews on VIlla. That agility and balance combo looks awful, but i think we could fix it with engine. I just dont get why they always have to put this huge downsides on flashback cards...

    Was thinking about doing the Gerrard SBC, but compare him to kondogbia, and he doesnt look that much better
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kondogbia has the height and is tradeable. Only positive thing about icons is the links.
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just got a draft token from the free pack and got FS Arthur in the draft. He’s actually really good, intercepts alot and he surpringly won alot of headers. He’s like Kante with attacking abilities.

    If Petit and Kondogbia wont work out together, I’ll give him a shot.
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 23
    After playing a few games with the squad yesterday I have to say Petit and Kondogbia are such a great partnership. They intercept everything and win every header and they both have amazing passing. Kondogbia is really agile and fast for such a big player, more agile than Pogba IMO.

    I actually wanted to replace Mahrez for Mbappe again, but Mahrez is doing really good. Messi is obviously amazing and scored a debut hattrick.

    I’m not so keen on Marcelo tho, I feel like he pushes up too much. Walker on the other hand is pretty good, saved me a few times already. I also actually really like Ramos.

    Next upgrade will be Marcelo, I could get FS Mendy again and no one will suffer from chem.

    Update: Mahrez M/M workrates are annoying, especially on counters.
    Post edited by Nivaze on
  • Seandimes
    1330 posts Professional
    Nivaze wrote: »
    After playing a few games with the squad yesterday I have to say Petit and Kondogbia are such a great partnership. They intercept everything and win every header and they both have amazing passing. Kondogbia is really agile and fast for such a big player, more agile than Pogba IMO.

    I actually wanted to replace Mahrez for Mbappe again, but Mahrez is doing really good. Messi is obviously amazing and scored a debut hattrick.

    I’m not so keen on Marcelo tho, I feel like he pushes up too much. Walker on the other hand is pretty good, saved me a few times already. I also actually really like Ramos.

    Next upgrade will be Marcelo, I could get FS Mendy again and no one will suffer from chem.

    Update: Mahrez M/M workrates are annoying, especially on counters.

    I got Marcelo from DR rewards on thursday, and so far I dont like the card. As you say he pushes up a lot, and sometimes just doesnt have the speed to catch up in time.

    Currently doing the ibra objective. am at 6/9 wins, but its a struggle...
  • Nivaze
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Nivaze wrote: »
    After playing a few games with the squad yesterday I have to say Petit and Kondogbia are such a great partnership. They intercept everything and win every header and they both have amazing passing. Kondogbia is really agile and fast for such a big player, more agile than Pogba IMO.

    I actually wanted to replace Mahrez for Mbappe again, but Mahrez is doing really good. Messi is obviously amazing and scored a debut hattrick.

    I’m not so keen on Marcelo tho, I feel like he pushes up too much. Walker on the other hand is pretty good, saved me a few times already. I also actually really like Ramos.

    Next upgrade will be Marcelo, I could get FS Mendy again and no one will suffer from chem.

    Update: Mahrez M/M workrates are annoying, especially on counters.

    I got Marcelo from DR rewards on thursday, and so far I dont like the card. As you say he pushes up a lot, and sometimes just doesnt have the speed to catch up in time.

    Currently doing the ibra objective. am at 6/9 wins, but its a struggle...

    Yeah it’s annoying because he messes up the whole defensive shape, especially with Ramos who also pushes up a little but he wins every tackle.

    Need to decide now wether I get Mbappe and Lala or upgrade my backline first.

    I can’t even be bothered to do the objectives, it’s worse than WL...
  • Tennster10
    1658 posts Play-Off Hero
    Any body have problem with the CT? Not creating chance and really open in the back. I am from G1 to G3. This week struggle just to get silver one.
  • Seandimes
    1330 posts Professional
    Which ct are you using?
Sign In or Register to comment.