The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

45 minute and 90 minute goals

Mmjnnnn
103 posts Sunday League Hero
i’ve noticed every time i get to these times i always concede like for some reason my players lose the ball or make a horrible touch and i end up giving up a game tying goal it’s crazy

Comments

542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    or maybe its just you being scared of those particular times of the match. I just play more defensive if I’m leading un those minutes and I don’t concede as much as I did before
  • Mmjnnnn
    1337 wrote: »
    or maybe its just you being scared of those particular times of the match. I just play more defensive if I’m leading un those minutes and I don’t concede as much as I did before

i promise you i’m not afraid of the 45th lol it’s just half time
  • LiveDogs
    854 posts Semi-Pro
    Steady hands mate, steady hands.
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    edited February 2019
    Mmjnnnn wrote: »
    i’ve noticed every time i get to these times i always concede like for some reason my players lose the ball or make a horrible touch and i end up giving up a game tying goal it’s crazy

90+ minute.. ball rebounds after tackle straight to opponent or to you, not really new as it happens often.
  • Gabbalala
    3475 posts National Call-Up
    3 minutes of added time in both halves equals 6 minutes..And I bet if you conceded in the 88th or 43rd you'd call it the '45th' and '90th' just because you could also....So before you know it, you've amassed 10 minutes of game time to where you think it's BS to concede goals...Of course you're going to concede more goals in this time because you're expecting to. You don't keep track of goals you concede inbetween the 20th - 25th minute do you?
  • Mmjnnnn
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    3 minutes of added time in both halves equals 6 minutes..And I bet if you conceded in the 88th or 43rd you'd call it the '45th' and '90th' just because you could also....So before you know it, you've amassed 10 minutes of game time to where you think it's BS to concede goals...Of course you're going to concede more goals in this time because you're expecting to. You don't keep track of goals you concede inbetween the 20th - 25th minute do you?

lol my opponent will do a crazy long shot and of course he’ll get a corner and score from a cross it happens all the time in WL they never score any of the corners they have until that time
  • BenGriggs420
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    Someone ALWAYS scores in the 45th. Come on. That’s old skewl news
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play to the whistle, not to 45 or 90 mins
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    It's happened both ways for me

I was playing a player miles better than me. Any opportunity we got even one v one would be saved or post or some nonsense. Even ones where i was sure they'd score.

This went on for duration of game we was 1 - 1

I then did some really awkward and panicky passing to get a shot at his goal and scored in the 90+ and one.

It seemed like fate 🔮
  • glynnerm
    48 posts Park Captain
    close off games by keeping possession in the final ten minutes of games against CPU. dont go to kill a game off or you might get punished
  • BenGriggs420
    In case you haven’t noticed... when playing AI/CPU..... you’ll almost ALWAYS pay for a mistake.
  • BenGriggs420
    It's happened both ways for me

I was playing a player miles better than me. Any opportunity we got even one v one would be saved or post or some nonsense. Even ones where i was sure they'd score.

This went on for duration of game we was 1 - 1

I then did some really awkward and panicky passing to get a shot at his goal and scored in the 90+ and one.

It seemed like fate 🔮

Doesn’t it always? No matter which side you’re on, it’s fate.
    Just like ALWAYS finishing the same spot on the weekend.
  • calabrese8
    83 posts Park Captain
    is it just me or does it seem like 90+ 3 mins.. and you'll sometimes see the time run to 96 or 97th minute LOL
  • Waldog94
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nothing winds me up more than conceding in the 49th min with teo lins added on if this happend irl there would be riots
  • Empyrium7
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    one of the games last night
    5-5 at full time after he scored 3 kick off goals
    referee added 2 min
    min 92 something attack for me and AI block the shot, I was like ok the referee will blow the whistle.
    he start the attack he is in the midfield area when the clock was showing 93:50 I dropped off the controller to take a sip of water. next thing I know he scored the winner at 94:30ish
    silly me I know but why when it happens it's usually a goal ?
  • jonkero
    5877 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2019
    More minutes in these minutes so yeah statistically true that the chance on a goal is higher these minutes
  • fussydutchman
    1061 posts Professional
    jonkero wrote: »
    More minutes in these minutes so yeah statistically true that the chance on a goal is higher these minutes

This. And there's also more urgency to score, so players will be trying harder to get into offensive position and shooting more frequently.
  • Mmjnnnn
    jonkero wrote: »

This. And there's also more urgency to score, so players will be trying harder to get into offensive position and shooting more frequently.

just tied a game off of a corner again in fut champs it’s honestly ridiculous they never make the shot until the game is about to be over it’s crazy like i almost broke my controller it always happen i play the exact same the whole game but EA always awards a terrible shot with a corner