Help needed to improve my serie A team

Brownian_Motion
380 posts Sunday League Hero
edited February 2019
Hi Community, Serie A followers,
I am looking to improve the team below with a budget of roughly 500'000 coins. I am using serie A players only (or a cheap Italian Icon?). I'd like to get better attacking capabilities since I really struggle to score against the CPU while not conceding much. Icardi and Mandzukic are doing fine, good heading capabilities and good shooters but no magic really. I played a few games with loan ST icons and immediately felt the difference. CR7 is well beyond my budget. If you see any obvious way to bring teeth to my attack, I would be thankful for your feedback.
I used to play classic 4-3-3, now 4-4-2 as I like to be able to play the wings. Thanks for your thoughts.

asig5N5.jpg

Comments

• Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019
    Well first of all, sell all those Ucl cards. Complete waste of coins. After selling those, come back with your new coin balance.
  • SPN1987
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    Well first of all, sell all those Ucl cards. Complete waste of coins. After selling those, come back with your new coin balance.

True, they are so inflated compared to their Gold cards. Since they are only a +1 upgrade.
  • JMUIRHEAD
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect

• TheRealChev
    327 posts Sunday League Hero

• Brownian_Motion
    edited February 2019
    Ok fine, I'll keep Florenzi anyway. Then I would drop Mandzukic and Icardi for about 100K? This would bring me to 600K with two ST to buy.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Seriously sell all the ucl cards. They just aren't worth it.

And only problem in the serie a is the right side. Callajon isn't good and sif suso is your best option.

Perisic on your left or fs kluvert. Left back Sandro and centerbacks & cms you will get multiple opinions on who's the best depending on play style.

My opinion is you definitely need naing. No doubt.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2190 posts Fans' Favourite
    Definitely sell all the blue cards. You have NIF Naingolan on the bench and he is better than all your midfield. Naing, Matuidi, Mertens, Chiellini, Benatia, Sandro, Perisic, Hamsik, FFS Kluivert, IF Skriniar, The new Suso special card, IF Ghoulam even.... Would all improve your team over most of the blue cards in my opinion.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019
    Definitely sell all the blue cards. You have NIF Naingolan on the bench and he is better than all your midfield. Naing, Matuidi, Mertens, Chiellini, Benatia, Sandro, Perisic, Hamsik, FFS Kluivert, IF Skriniar, The new Suso special card, IF Ghoulam even.... Would all improve your team over most of the blue cards in my opinion.

He's got 600k. He can make a stacked Serie a team, easy.
  • Brownian_Motion
    @Damo_Suzuki Ok thanks. I have Nain, Perisic and Hamsik as subs. I put them in the field during the second half to get a second breath. I have plain gold Mertens but I feel he’s to weak and gets bullied in the box.
  • Brownian_Motion
    @Kip2MyLou But I love the design of the cards... :#
  • Westhead94
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd defo recommend RTTF Perisic, he was my favourite player this year.
  • Westhead94
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Champions league handanovic also very good
  • Kip2MyLou wrote: »

He's got 600k. He can make a stacked Serie a team, easy.

true. I've being running serie A since release.
    defence: sandro, benatia, manolas, florezi
    midfield: costa, naingollan, matuidi, Dybala, bonaventura,TIF cancelo
    attack: mertens, belloti

these players are the best
  • Brownian_Motion
    @Westhead94 Thx for the feedback. Agreed for Handanovic. However my main issue at the moment is scoring, not conceding to much. I am really looking to improve my attacking potential.
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    Get any version of mertens and gomez.

Both are very good
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Get base versions of everyone. Get rttf Perisic and SIF Szcesney for a start.
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    Get futswap Juan Jesus.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Sif Gomez is really good. Are you staying with that formation?
  • Brownian_Motion
    @passpassshootpost Thx. I chose Icardi and Mandzukic for their strong physical and heading capabilities, as I like to play the wings and center to the box. I feel that players with low physical stats gets crushed by the AI in the box.
  • Maro6590
    941 posts Professional
    edited February 2019
    Hi Community, Serie A followers,
    I am looking to improve the team below with a budget of roughly 500'000 coins. I am using serie A players only (or a cheap Italian Icon?). I'd like to get better attacking capabilities since I really struggle to score against the CPU while not conceding much. Icardi and Mandzukic are doing fine, good heading capabilities and good shooters but no magic really. I played a few games with loan ST icons and immediately felt the difference. CR7 is well beyond my budget. If you see any obvious way to bring teeth to my attack, I would be thankful for your feedback.
    I used to play classic 4-3-3, now 4-4-2 as I like to be able to play the wings. Thanks for your thoughts.

asig5N5.jpg

Sorry pal, no hate, but why (at this Stage of fifa) do you have A Team Full of UCL Versions? In the beginning everyone was confused about that cards. But as it was Cleared nearly everyone Sold.......

Nevermind. As all the others: Stell every ucl card you have. If you have 500k it would be easily be enough to have an OP Serie a squad

I would Build the Team like this:

Handanovic
    If cancelo- benatia- headliner skriniar- alex sandro

Headliner suso- matuidi- nainggolan- Insigne

Immobile - Future Star Cutrone

Thats i what i would recommend. With remaining coins you can upgrade handanovic, cancelo, sandro, immobile; Upgrade Insigne to UCL Live Douglas Costa

With the H/M Wortrates on your striker you will have nice Runs into the Box. Fast wingers with good crossing and 2 Op Box-to-Box CMs who will Support your Defense and Support your offense.
  • @passpassshootpost Thx. I chose Icardi and Mandzukic for their strong physical and heading capabilities, as I like to play the wings and center to the box. I feel that players with low physical stats gets crushed by the AI in the box.

I know what you mean but martens gets a step infront of the defends he has enough balance to get a good shot off
  • Brownian_Motion
    @Maro6590 :D no worries. As silly as it sounds, I like the blue card design. It doesn’t help me much on the pitch, though...
  • Gavgronk
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If your looking for goal scorers

gIvVKoS.pngD38JNK5.png

These have been great for me.

Finish everything!
  • Brownian_Motion
    @Kip2MyLou Yes, I am feeling comfortable with 4-4-2.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    442 is solid just make sure your midfielders complaint each other well.
  • Moose Factory
    4589 posts National Call-Up
    6s7tck.gif
  • Gavgronk
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Nainggolan, Koulibaly & Pericic are a must.

IF Ghoulam & Chiellini have also been great for me.
  • Brownian_Motion
    Any view on Vieri?
  • Skoda
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Immobile and Gomez been awesome for upfront I play 41212(2) team is
    Handanovic
    If ghoulan,if skinrar,manolas,otw cancelo
    If lieva
    Matuidi niangilan
    Mertens
    Gomez, immobile