So when is our big icon dropping?...

We’ve gone around 4 months with no premium icon. (R9, Ronaldinho,Gullit etc.) So when are we expecting our first one and who are you most hoping for? Personally I’m waiting on Ronaldinho, love him in game. :)

Comments

• Vinny1979
    3674 posts National Call-Up
    tonight, 6pm

guaranteed
  • Vinny1979 wrote: »
    tonight, 6pm

guaranteed

I’ll be waiting...
  • RobBanner
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Vinny1979 wrote: »
    tonight, 6pm

guaranteed

I hope so
  • Pay2Lose
    901 posts Professional
    Never hopefully icons are only just dropping to reasonable prices. A big one will put prices up.
  • Momus
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    Imagine a game that keeps content locked (unless you pay or trade loads and can afford the 3 mil + price tag for these icons) until halfway through the game cycle.

It’s actually ridiculous. Last year we had a few big icons by this time? Trust EA to make it worse

• Pay2Lose
    901 posts Professional
    Momus wrote: »
    Imagine a game that keeps content locked (unless you pay or trade loads and can afford the 3 mil + price tag for these icons) until halfway through the game cycle.

It’s actually ridiculous. Last year we had a few big icons by this time? Trust EA to make it worse

They screwed up with the first icon player pic sbcs. It put the price of icons up and investors held ea to ransom. Some Base icon prices are only just under 500k now. It’s taken months for them to drop in price. Ea messed up on a lot of stuff with Fifa 19, icon player pic was a huge miscalculation. Who has 3-4 million for a top icon anyway?
  • Zambo9
    4579 posts National Call-Up

It’s not that prices would be much less if they gave us SBCs. Ronaldinho last year was a 3M SBC and I doubt this year it will be any different
  • MHoney1234
    4695 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 3
    Need Vieira or Gullit to drop

Based on current SBC prices R9 will be a 6 million SBC :joy:
  • Dutchcaliber
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite
    in august.
  • mihneabs
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

unfortunately, you are right
  • Has1988
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The price for these top rated icons will be astronomical. More so than previous years due to the amount of coins in game now.
  • MHoney1234
    4695 posts National Call-Up
    G
    mihneabs wrote: »

unfortunately, you are right

And 30 days to complete :joy:
  • CaptHanSolo
    91 posts Park Captain
    Whats the point of having a big icon, you will only be at a disadvantage in WL gameplay
  • Eroberto
    1081 posts Professional
    Not today
  • Momus
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zambo9 wrote: »

It’s not that prices would be much less if they gave us SBCs. Ronaldinho last year was a 3M SBC and I doubt this year it will be any different

Yeah but I feel a lot of people have high rated untradeables from rewards and are waiting to use them in a big icon, likewise with doing a few of the cheaps icons to throw in as well.

I don’t have enough to buy a top tier icon yet, but I could certainly rinse my club and manage to grind out an sbc for one. Also, it will help lower their market price a lot.

We shouldn’t have to wait till nearly tots (12 weeks from now) to get at least a couple of these sbc’s
  • tatadwader
    2145 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pay2Lose wrote: »

They screwed up with the first icon player pic sbcs. It put the price of icons up and investors held ea to ransom. Some Base icon prices are only just under 500k now. It’s taken months for them to drop in price. Ea messed up on a lot of stuff with Fifa 19, icon player pic was a huge miscalculation. Who has 3-4 million for a top icon anyway?

it's good that they're so expensive.

they should be hard to attain.

whatever ea can do to keep prices high, especially icon prices, the better.

i don't care that I can't afford some players.

I'm not elite so I shouldn't have a chance at all the elite players.

i have been able to build a pretty strong squad tho inspite of this... spotm Reus, 92 Bale, about 3 mil in tradable pieces.

as long as prices are high then the game is still thriving. that's what it's all about for me.

a dead games is a game not worth playing.
  • Batman442
    2948 posts National Call-Up
    Probably bring out all these icons which don't need an icon but need 88,89 and 90 rated squads
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    tatadwader wrote: »

i have been able to build a pretty strong squad tho inspite of this... spotm Reus, 92 Bale, about 3 mil in tradable pieces.

as long as prices are high then the game is still thriving. that's what it's all about for me.

OMFG!
  • TFking
    20 posts Ball Boy
    Vinny1979 wrote: »
    tonight, 6pm

guaranteed

The only guaranteed dropping at 6pm tonight will be your pants.

it’s ok I’ve brought lube this time.

• Pocketsquareguy
    2800 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m thinking saint Patrick’s day or possibly April 1.
  • Carlo
    1405 posts Professional
    When was the first big icon released last Fifa ?
  • Springveldt
    4131 posts National Call-Up

Gullit is going to be about 4M as well, mental.
    Zambo9 wrote: »

Yeah but I feel a lot of people have high rated untradeables from rewards and are waiting to use them in a big icon, likewise with doing a few of the cheaps icons to throw in as well.

I don’t have enough to buy a top tier icon yet, but I could certainly rinse my club and manage to grind out an sbc for one. Also, it will help lower their market price a lot.

We shouldn’t have to wait till nearly tots (12 weeks from now) to get at least a couple of these sbc’s
    About those high rated untradables, I haven’t had over an 84 from untradable Rivals rewards for 6 weeks now. Packs have been garbage lately for me.
  • Springveldt

You sir, are a moron. :wink:

EA love you though.

Can’t really wrap my head around this line of thinking. I’ve already paid over £60 for the game, I’ve played every mode every week for rewards, I’ve got over 300 hours in game yet I still can’t afford the top icons. Unlike you I’m rather peeved off about that situation.
  • xFATAL
    3910 posts National Call-Up
    Carlo wrote: »
    When was the first big icon released last Fifa ?

Henry dropped just before BF.
  • WellWornBeast
    1997 posts Fans' Favourite
    Perhaps @Lambo91 knows
  • AlbinoXI
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    All of the crap they’ve pulled this year this annoys me the most
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    12042 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 3

Honestly there is something wrong with your brain.
  • Waldog94
    1232 posts Professional
    What are people wanting been realistic i can only do 1 maybe 2 i really want prime r9 but already habe raul ibra and cr7 untradeable so viera will probably make most sense i just dont know haha
  • Springveldt
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    What are people wanting been realistic i can only do 1 maybe 2 i really want prime r9 but already habe raul ibra and cr7 untradeable so viera will probably make most sense i just dont know haha
    Gullit is my first choice as I won’t be able to afford R9. To be honest I probably won’t be able to afford Gullit even although I current have 4 icons and around 1.4M coins.
  • Carlo
    1405 posts Professional
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    Gullit is my first choice as I won’t be able to afford R9. To be honest I probably won’t be able to afford Gullit even although I current have 4 icons and around 1.4M coins.

How come you won't be able to afford R9 with 1,4m coins and 4 icons currently ?