A Real Life RTG (BLOG) Road to Mexico a body/mind transformation START THREE

Comments

• Antparry92
    17682 posts World Class
    So today is the start for me of what is a very important training regime. I’m at the point where I’m probably at the heaviest I’ve been when not lifting (82kg) and I’m having a LOT of problems with my hips and arthritis. I’m having to shed a bit of weight to help my arthritis and the load on my hips.
    As you know I was tempted to try and carry on playing football but after today’s session it’s a no go.

Lasted a whole 10 minutes/ 1 mile running before it was a bit too much on my hip. Then went on to the bike and it was clicking and grinding at the top of each stroke which was worrying cause it’s never been that bad before.

Regardless I’m still set on losing weight through weight training and a combo of swimming and cycling. Managed a little chest session with ridiculously light weights just to ease me back in:

Chest press 3x12
    Incline bench 3x10
    Cable flyes 3x10
    Dumbbell bench 3x10
    Finished off with tricep pushdowns 3x10 (slow negatives)

Hardest part for me is cutting the absolute junk I’ve started to eat out of convenience so I’m gonna have to start meal prepping
  • Cadey 5
    10469 posts Has That Special Something
    I am back, got home from my visit up north a hour or so ago so it's time to pick this back up again! I won't lie I did't/could't really track meals as i was staying with my family and i could't just cook my chicken ect when I needed it.

The aim is to weigh myself in the morning and re run the week two workout days from Thursday so a 4 day workout week with 4 hit sessions in those ready for the week three starting monday.

@Antparry92 Still on it?
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    I am back, got home from my visit up north a hour or so ago so it's time to pick this back up again! I won't lie I did't/could't really track meals as i was staying with my family and i could't just cook my chicken ect when I needed it.

The aim is to weigh myself in the morning and re run the week two workout days from Thursday so a 4 day workout week with 4 hit sessions in those ready for the week three starting monday.

@Antparry92 Still on it?

Ugh I havent had time to hit the gym lately :( thank goodness theres a 25 pound dumbell down here at my new job or I would be losing shape again
  • Antparry92
    17682 posts World Class

@Antparry92 Still on it?

I am. Trained 3 times this week which considering I’m just starting back I’m happy with. I’ve also mid way through a 60 hour work week and I’ve still managed to train somehow which I’m really happy with. Have eaten pretty decent this week as well but it’s going out of the window Friday night :joy:
  • Cadey 5
    krakos000 wrote: »

@Antparry92 Still on it?

Ugh I havent had time to hit the gym lately :( thank goodness theres a 25 pound dumbell down here at my new job or I would be losing shape again

feel free to PM me if you are losing your way!
    Antparry92 wrote: »

@Antparry92 Still on it?

I am. Trained 3 times this week which considering I’m just starting back I’m happy with. I’ve also mid way through a 60 hour work week and I’ve still managed to train somehow which I’m really happy with. Have eaten pretty decent this week as well but it’s going out of the window Friday night :joy:

drinking to celebrate the bundisliga TOTS? ;)
  • Antparry92
    17682 posts World Class

@Antparry92 Still on it?

feel free to PM me if you are losing your way!

@Antparry92 Still on it?

drinking to celebrate the bundisliga TOTS? ;)

No, missus coming down for bank holiday so it’s 100% going to go out of the window :joy:
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    @Cadey 5 thanks man!! I just need to figure out the time I'm able to go between the 2 jobs now, taking care of our rabbits and also getting time to be with the missus :/ I need to get my time management in order Haha
  • Antparry92
    17682 posts World Class
    Hate the fact there are no 24 hour gyms round where I live! Such a pain when I’m doing 12 hours shifts some days!
  • Cadey 5
    Right if you haven’t guessed this Is not going great for me..

My ovan broke and it’s thrown me off my diet and I’ve just been in a really low place for gym.

My inconstancy is really getting too me and I’ve struggled to even convince myself to go to the gym this week hence the lack of updates.

I actually lost 2 pounds last week but I think it was more from stress and or under eating compared to actual diet or activity.

Going to try rework my diet tonight whilst I wait for my ovan to get fixed.

Yet again disappointed in myself just went that constant I had at the start of this.
  • Antparry92
    17682 posts World Class
    All have knock backs fella! Chin up and go again next week!
  • Cadey 5
    BACK TO SQUARE ONE

There is no way to sugar coat this, my mental state the last two weeks has been awful, I simply did't care about what I was putting in my body and the fact it stemmed from a simple thing like my oven breaking highlights the reason I started this thread in the first place.

b51e223895b7e79c0cb74d91140db5d2.jpg

As you can see over the last two weeks I have gained almost everything I lost back, I thought the start of my thread would be my most demoralising point but this is it, I am going back to the gym today and I am now working to getting back to what took me 8 weeks to achieve.

I must feel like Liverpool did after the first leg of the semi final, but if i can make the second leg count I can still get to my end goal the final.
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    Ahh I'm sorry to hear that man!! I'm in the same boat. I've kept the weight on I gained(which was my goal) but I stopped going to the gym so its turned from muscle into fat now. The turning point for me was trying to put on a pair of work shorts I havent worn in months and having them be too tight on me and my stomach protruding from the top/side of them...If I would have kept going to the gym, I definitely would have been cutting down(since I had been bulking a little). Now I have to work on building that muscle back but at the same time losing the fat.

It's been hard adjusting to my new schedule of having a 2nd job as well as the missus being done with school so now we have time to spend together. A lot of my gym days would be spent when she was in class...I know it's not hard to take an hour out of the day to workout but it seems damn near impossible.
  • Cadey 5
    edited June 3
    Ahh I'm sorry to hear that man!! I'm in the same boat. I've kept the weight on I gained(which was my goal) but I stopped going to the gym so its turned from muscle into fat now. The turning point for me was trying to put on a pair of work shorts I havent worn in months and having them be too tight on me and my stomach protruding from the top/side of them...If I would have kept going to the gym, I definitely would have been cutting down(since I had been bulking a little). Now I have to work on building that muscle back but at the same time losing the fat.

It's been hard adjusting to my new schedule of having a 2nd job as well as the missus being done with school so now we have time to spend together. A lot of my gym days would be spent when she was in class...I know it's not hard to take an hour out of the day to workout but it seems damn near impossible.

I am hoping it's not as bad as my scale says and a bit of it is water weight!
    take her to the gym with you ;)

edit: sidenote you could do some free weight stuff high reps, pull ups buy a £10.00 door attachment, push ups on floor on on a chair for incline sit ups ect.
    Post edited by Cadey 5 on
  • Cadey 5
    DAY ONE AGAIN IF I FAIL THIS I AM QUITNG THE FORUM :D

Where I live I can't change the ovan and i have been told it will be 28 days minimum before someone comes to look at it... so I got myself a Grill on the way home today so I can keep having that tasty tasty chicken, next too it is a ab mat that folds out so I can do crunches and what not as I reliased last time I did this i did't do much abs you know the time i made it through the 8 weeks.

f231df2290016b6e7ff7381ddb5b2347.jpg

Morning Cardio 20 minutes

Leg press
    3 sets of 15

Leg extensions
    3 drop sets of 10 reps

Superset x 2
    Bodyweight lunges x 10
    Bodyweight Squats x 10

Seated calf raises
    5 sets of 40

Crunches
    2 sets of 20

Knee crunches
    1 set of 20

Leg raise
    1 sets of 20

Plank 30 seconds

Diet:
    Protein 214
    Carbs 156
    Fat 67
  • Antparry92
    17682 posts World Class
    Foreman’s are great! I left mine in my old house with my ex partner but it was great for chicken, veg and halloumi!
  • Cadey 5
    Foreman’s are great! I left mine in my old house with my ex partner but it was great for chicken, veg and halloumi!

When I lived my with parents I took there :D but it got to the point it just produced a planets worht of smoke when i used it not used it for while, so figured I would just throw it out and get a new one.

DAY 2/56 CHEST/SHOULDERS

AM cardio 20 minutes bike (125 calories)

Got to the gym a bit late so had to change up the workout at a bit:

DB Floor Press
    3 sets of 10

Incline DB Fly
    3 sets of 10

Bench Press
    3 sets of 10

Push ups
    3 sets of 10

Shoulder Press Machine press
    3 sets of 12

Cable lateral raise
    3 sets of 12

Cable upright row
    3 sets of 10

Delt Machine
    3 sets of 10

PM Cardio 20 minutes bike (145 calories)

Diet

Protein 180
    Fat 34
    Carbs 155

bit heavy on the carbs rest was good! almost did't go today but dragged myself there could't fail on day two FFS :smiley:
  • Rb10119
    1907 posts Play-Off Hero
    DAY ONE AGAIN IF I FAIL THIS I AM QUITNG THE FORUM :D

Where I live I can't change the ovan and i have been told it will be 28 days minimum before someone comes to look at it... so I got myself a Grill on the way home today so I can keep having that tasty tasty chicken, next too it is a ab mat that folds out so I can do crunches and what not as I reliased last time I did this i did't do much abs you know the time i made it through the 8 weeks.

f231df2290016b6e7ff7381ddb5b2347.jpg

Morning Cardio 20 minutes

Leg press
    3 sets of 15

Leg extensions
    3 drop sets of 10 reps

Superset x 2
    Bodyweight lunges x 10
    Bodyweight Squats x 10

Seated calf raises
    5 sets of 40

Crunches
    2 sets of 20

Knee crunches
    1 set of 20

Leg raise
    1 sets of 20

Plank 30 seconds

Diet:
    Protein 214
    Carbs 156
    Fat 67

Who needs an oven when you got that grill and uncle bens micro rice :wink:
  • Cadey 5
    Day 3/56 ARMS

Tricept pushdown
    3 sets of 12

Cable extensions one arm
    3 sets of 12

Overhead extensions
    3 sets of 12

Kickback
    3 sets of 12

Spider curl
    3 sets of 10

Close grip ez bar curl
    3 sets of 10

Dumbbell hammer curl
    3 sets of 10

Cable bicept curl
    3 sets of 12

lying cable curl
    3 sets of 10

Protein 180
    Cabs 160
    Fat 45

Cardio AM 20 minutes 120 calories
    Cardio PM 20 minutes 105 calories

• Cadey 5
    edited June 8
    DAY 5/56 BACK

Lat pulldown
    3 sets of 10

Pull ups
    3 sets of 10

Rope Lat pulldown
    3 sets of 10

Single arm row
    3 sets of 10

Calf raises
    5 sets of 30

Protein 170
    Carbs 165
    Fat 95

Cardio 20 minutes!

ABS!

As mentioned above i want to try put my abs into my workouts as ultiamtly it's though idiots i want to get to see! so I have picked this 30 day challenge to do a long side my programme to go along with or replace the evening cardio as that's something i struggle with! You will notice I have't posted day 4, i did go to the gym, I did a session of cardio but went to the pub for the England game and a friend bought me a cider or two so wrote it off.

Not normally one for these kind of challenges but they are all exercises i can do on the ab mat I purchased at home so figured it would be a good start.

1412550_673984849287101_2102836386_o.jpg
  • Cadey 5
    DAY 8/56 LEGS/WEIGHT DAY

90d2aa9fd17d6f385fd8514134cabcd9.jpg

Now this is too big of a difference to be what i actually lost! maybe the gap between my last meal and the weigth in was too big but what is for certain is i lost some weight.

Leg Press
    30 20 10 20 30

Leg extension
    3 sets of 20/10/20

Barbell Lunges
    2 sets of 10 into squat

Calf raises
    30/20/10/20/30

Diet
    Protein 180
    Carbs 137
    Fat 57

Just come of the two rest days so no posts for those!
  • Cadey 5
    DAY 9/56 Chest/Shoulders

Hammer Press

Smith incline

Seated fly
    20, 15, 10

Push ups
    10, 10 , 10

Barbell shoulder press
    10 10 10

Front row
    10 10 10

Cable raises
    10 10 10

Abs

30 sit ups
    15 Crunches
    16 leg raises
    45 second plank

Cardio combined 35 minutes 220 calories

Protein 170
    Carbs 190
    Fat 64

Bit heavy on the carbs but still was in a healthy range i think!
  • RBailss
    12050 posts Has That Special Something
    I've let myself go over the last month & now that i have gave up Saturday football, I need to get back in the gym and in some kind of routine... Its the will power to go & to diet at the minute.

I'm going to Vegas in August so I'm gonna use that as motivation.
  • Cadey 5
    DAY 10/56 Cardio

Had to take this day off, felt super light heated and sick so decided the gym was't the best place to go for the day.

Protein 170
    Carbs 150
    Fat 56

Cardio 35 minutes

DAY 11/56 Calves/Lower Back

Again still was't feeling great so shortened the workout as I had football in the evening.

Deadlifts
    5 5 8

Back Pulldown
    10 10 10

Calf raises
    15 15 15

Leg curl
    10 10 10

Cardio 60 minutes 5 a side football.

Diet
    Protien 170
    Carbs too much
    Fat too much

struggling again with diet this week but back into a gym routine so that's a positive step back in the right direction, two cardio days coming up before the weigh in, don't think i will have lost any weight this week but i will see Monday.
  • Cadey 5
    I’ve not given up I’ve been super ill this week so Have’t made it too the gym barely made it out my house.

Will be going tomorrow morning through to Sunday and weigh myself Monday.

Was up to 194 this week :#
  • RBailss
    I’ve not given up I’ve been super ill this week so Have’t made it too the gym barely made it out my house.

Surely being ill will help you lose weight, I know thats not necessarily a good thing.
  • RBailss
    I've been meal prepping & dieting all week, went to the gym once but if I can get myself 3 times a week plus 2 games of 5aside I'll be happy. Aiming to get to 13 and a half stone by August, currently sitting just over 14st.
  • Cadey 5
    RBailss wrote: »

Surely being ill will help you lose weight, I know thats not necessarily a good thing.
    I've been meal prepping & dieting all week, went to the gym once but if I can get myself 3 times a week plus 2 games of 5aside I'll be happy. Aiming to get to 13 and a half stone by August, currently sitting just over 14st.

Guess I will find out Monday! Just can’t believe I’ve gained back what I lost in that 8 week period before!

How tall are you? Find it interesting we have similliar weight goals.
  • RBailss

Guess I will find out Monday! Just can’t believe I’ve gained back what I lost in that 8 week period before!

I'm 6ft mate, definitely overweight, just want rid of the slight love handles i have tbh :joy:
  • Cadey 5
    edited June 21

I'm 6ft mate, definitely overweight, just want rid of the slight love handles i have tbh :joy:

Well I’m 5ft 10 and you are trying to get to where I am now so either I’m very harsh on myself or I’m fat AF :D
  • RBailss
    I think you're very harsh... I need to be 13st flat tbh.