A Real Life RTG (BLOG) Road to Mexico a body/mind transformation START THREE

Comments

• krakos000
    17447 posts World Class
    I have a bit it a random question but maybe relevant.

I work 9-5 mon-fri. I have lunch at work.

I always eat a bowl of porridge with fruit, either apple or banana for breakfast. Honey to sweeten occasionally. Semi skim milk.

The problem I have is with lunch. What recommend stuff can I have? Stuff that I can prep easily OR that lasts. My office has an amazing sandwich shop next door, but I’m resisting the temptation and trying to go healthy (I want to lose weight - around 1 stone). Would a chicken breast, brown rice & broccoli be acceptable? I’d give the chicken varying flavours to keep it fresh. I need a carb in there I think.

I’ve also recently bought a 2.5L water bottle (tank) and making sure that i drink loads of that too.

Any other options ?

Chicken rice and broccoli would be great. Could also pack a side salad too. I like making a salad with chicken in it for work. If you prep it right it will last (separate the ingredients in the Tupperware with parchment paper or something), then mix it all together when you're ready to eat.
  • ccooaattssyy
    6872 posts Big Money Move
    krakos000 wrote: »

I always eat a bowl of porridge with fruit, either apple or banana for breakfast. Honey to sweeten occasionally. Semi skim milk.

The problem I have is with lunch. What recommend stuff can I have? Stuff that I can prep easily OR that lasts. My office has an amazing sandwich shop next door, but I’m resisting the temptation and trying to go healthy (I want to lose weight - around 1 stone). Would a chicken breast, brown rice & broccoli be acceptable? I’d give the chicken varying flavours to keep it fresh. I need a carb in there I think.

I’ve also recently bought a 2.5L water bottle (tank) and making sure that i drink loads of that too.

Any other options ?

Chicken rice and broccoli would be great. Could also pack a side salad too. I like making a salad with chicken in it for work. If you prep it right it will last (separate the ingredients in the Tupperware with parchment paper or something), then mix it all together when you're ready to eat.

Good shout. All about variety I think. Also trying to save money. Should be about £5-10 for the weeks lunches :)

Can easily cook 3x breasts on a Sunday night. Then 2x on Wednesday.
  • Cadey 5
    10382 posts Has That Special Something
    @coatsy

Any other options ?

Good shout. All about variety I think. Also trying to save money. Should be about £5-10 for the weeks lunches :)

Can easily cook 3x breasts on a Sunday night. Then 2x on Wednesday.

This, also wholemeal Pitta bread sandwhich can be quite filling like 60p for 6 or whatever your local does fill that with chicken/salad if you can't stomach rice every day be a nice change.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Good call as well
  • Cadey 5
    edited March 10
    DAY 14

So Yesterday my mate visited to watch Elimination chamber and we had a few drinks and a Chinese so I did't track the calories but! one bad day in 14 is ok it's about how i eat today that is more important.

We went and did Arms at the gym separate from my programme so I have to get back on the horse today.

Weight 192.6.

I did't actually lose any weight this week despite upping the cardio to every day so I will be dropping my carbs this week.
    Post edited by Cadey 5 on
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Took some much needed time of the gym for a while here. Felt like my body was going into meltdown after new years after going hard at it for some months. Was working a job that required me to get up very early and I’m not very good at going to bed, so when you go months on 4-5 hours of sleep and gym 5-6 times a week you start to feel it lol.

Fortunately I’ve kept my strength while seemingly losing a fair bit of water weight so that’s nice.
  • krakos000
    17447 posts World Class
    Skipped yesterday so I did legs this morning, got the girlfriend to go too which was nice! Shes in class now, so I'm back at the gym doing back and biceps. Gonna be super sore tomorrow :'(
  • Antparry92
    17527 posts World Class
    A bit upset to say the least, been managing 5k runs in a bid to get fit for footy again. I’ve also got osteoarthritis in my hips which isn’t ideal and the past 3 weeks have probably been the worst it’s been and today I had to cut my run short cause of it.
    It’s killed me and given me a feeling that I’m not gonna be able to carry on running/playing football
  • Cadey 5
    Skipped yesterday so I did legs this morning, got the girlfriend to go too which was nice! Shes in class now, so I'm back at the gym doing back and biceps. Gonna be super sore tomorrow :'(

The best feeling .
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    A bit upset to say the least, been managing 5k runs in a bid to get fit for footy again. I’ve also got osteoarthritis in my hips which isn’t ideal and the past 3 weeks have probably been the worst it’s been and today I had to cut my run short cause of it.
    It’s killed me and given me a feeling that I’m not gonna be able to carry on running/playing football

Drop me a PM if you like not good enough for a high level of sport but between catching rare conditions and operations and my crap knees I’ve had my fair share of long lay offs from being active.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Are protein shakes etc recommended if your key aim is to lose weight?
  • Cadey 5
    Are protein shakes etc recommended if your key aim is to lose weight?

You don't need them they just help, if you are on a high protein low carb diet.
  • krakos000
    17447 posts World Class
    Does anyone have any tips on supplements? I was reading two of the most important ones besides whey protein are creatine and bcaas.
  • Cadey 5
    Does anyone have any tips on supplements? I was reading two of the most important ones besides whey protein are creatine and bcaas.

can't remember exactly what creatine does if I am honest but its very helpful :D BCCA just help you break down and make use of the protein from what i remember, outside of that everything else is just personal preference and what helps you feel better about what you are doing :D
  • krakos000
    17447 posts World Class
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

can't remember exactly what creatine does if I am honest but its very helpful :D BCCA just help you break down and make use of the protein from what i remember, outside of that everything else is just personal preference and what helps you feel better about what you are doing :D

Yeah?? I have a little tub of BCAA powder which I will start drinking after my workouts, but I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to creatine and trusting stuff I read online lol. I figured if anyone here would have any experience with it, it would be more reliable.
  • Cadey 5
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

Yeah?? I have a little tub of BCAA powder which I will start drinking after my workouts, but I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to creatine and trusting stuff I read online lol. I figured if anyone here would have any experience with it, it would be more reliable.

Creatine is fine BCCA are helpful not essential but defiantly will give you some % of help.
  • Antparry92
    17527 posts World Class
    edited February 20
    BCAA (branch chained amino acids) are 3 amino acids (leucine, isoleucine and valine) that essentially stimulate muscle growth as they easily form protein chains which is needed muscle growth during mitosis of the muscle cell.

Creatine on the other hand is essentially an energy source in the sense that when you work out (anything high intensity) then your body will use ATP (adenosine triphosphate) and convert it in to ADP (adenosine diphosphate) via hydrolysis to create energy. You can get creatine from meat and fish and it basically converts ADP back in to ATP which is the most efficient stored form of energy.

Yeh, I was a budding science teacher so enjoy this stuff haha
  • krakos000
    17447 posts World Class
    BCAA (branch chained amino acids) are 3 amino acids (leucine, isoleucine and valine) that essentially stimulate muscle growth as they easily form protein chains which is needed muscle growth during mitosis of the muscle cell.

Creatine on the other hand is essentially an energy source in the sense that when you work out (anything high intensity) then your body will use ATP (adenosine triphosphate) and convert it in to ADP (adenosine diphosphate) via hydrolysis to create energy. You can get creatine from meat and fish and it basically converts ADP back in to ATP which is the most efficient stored form of energy.

Ahh thanks man!! That doesn't make sense to me though if youre supposed to take creatine AFTER you workout, how does it help/work then? It seems like something you would do pre workout
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Creatine didn’t do anything for me other than I put on a lot of water weight. If you eat well you don’t need any of these supplements. Just focus on eating well and getting enough of rest and you’ll be fine.
  • Cadey 5
    Day 15 Chest/Calves

Leg extension
    Drop set 25 x 50 25 x 41 Pyramid sex X 4 10 x 73 10 x 77 10 x 82 10 x 86

Superset
    Landline squad
    25 X 35 23 X 30 20 X 25

Hex Deadlift
    25 x 50 25 x 45 20 x 45

Seated Calf
    30 x 45 30 x 45 30 x 45

Medicine ball crunch
    10 X BW 10 X BW

Cross body
    10 x BW 10 X BW

Cardio

Bike 30 minutes 228 calories

Day 16 legs/Shoulders

Superset

Incline Fly
    10 x 15 10 x 15 10 x 15

Incline DB Press
    10 x 25 10 x 27.5 10 x 27.5

Superset

Incline close DB Press
    10 x 20 10 x 17.5 10 x 17.5

Incline Dumbblell Press
    10 x 25 10 x 20 10 x 17.5

Plate push up
    10 X 10 10 X 10 10 X 10

Lanline Press
    10 x 40 10 x 40 10 x 40

Machine Shoulder Press
    10 x 68 10 x 68 10 x 68

Delt Machine
    10 x 35 10 x 35 10 x 35

Cardio

30 minutes bike 212 calories
  • Antparry92
    17527 posts World Class

Ahh thanks man!! That doesn't make sense to me though if youre supposed to take creatine AFTER you workout, how does it help/work then? It seems like something you would do pre workout
    Because it gives you the added phosphate need to bond with ADP to create the energy store ATP. Energy is created by hydrolysis of the ATP (think of it as the bond being broken, creating the energy)
  • krakos000
    17447 posts World Class

Because it gives you the added phosphate need to bond with ADP to create the energy store ATP. Energy is created by hydrolysis of the ATP (think of it as the bond being broken, creating the energy)

Okay gotcha!! That makes sense now. My girlfriends sisters boyfriend works at a supplement shop so he was able to get me some creatine 20% off!! Unfortunately I'm getting my inner bicep tattooed on Monday so I wont be able to hit the gym for a few weeks while it heals :(
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13657 posts Has That Special Something
    Nowhere near the level of dedication you're doing but I got some weights last week and been using those. Also going for a couple of small runs a week just to try and get in better shape really.
  • Cadey 5
    Day 17 Arms

Superset
    Kneeling extensions
    10 x 36 10 x 36 10 x 36

Machine Pushdown
    10 x 41 10 x 41 10 x 41

Triceps extension
    10 x 46 10 x 46 10 x 46

Superset

Standing cable curl
    10 x 46 10 x 46 10 x 45

Lying cable curl
    10 x 36 10 x 36 10 x 36

Superset

Lying high Cable Curl
    10 X 46 10 X 36 10 X 36

Standing high cable curl
    10 x 41 10 x 41 10 x 41

EZ Bar curl

10 x 35 10 x 35 10 x 35

Cardio
    Treadmil 195 calories 30 minutes

Diet
    Protein 202g
    Carbs 145g
    Fat 50g
  • Cadey 5
    Day 18 Lower back/hamstring.Abs

Single leg curl
    12 x 32 10 x 36 8 x 36 6 x 32

Standing dumbbell straight leg deadlift
    10 x 25 10 x 25 10 x 25

Barbell good morning
    20 x 30 18 x 30 16 x 30

Weighted crunch
    20 x 12.5 20 x 12.5 20 x 12.5 Dumbbell

Medicine ball twist

20 x 12.5 20 x 12.5 20 x 12.5

Sit up
    20 x FW 20 X FW 20 X FW

Cardio
    Bike 210 calories 30 minutes

Diet

Protein 153
    Carbs 166
    Fat 46

Good and the bad
    Day 17 was really good, felt my arms looked great had a real positive energy to smash the gym and diet was good! today however i felt sluggish tired, not really keen on the exercises and i missed my protein intake for the first time! still not managing to get two cardio sessions in a day but hopefully my reduction of carbs will be enough this week!

@Andybelfast

Any amount of effort is better then none :) you might reach a point where you want to have a specific goal as appose to a general one go from there!

@krakos000 leg days for 5 weeks it is ;)
  • krakos000
    17447 posts World Class
    @Cadey 5 Haha ughhh I mean for a week at least I'm not going to go near the gym. Dont want to go into that cesspool of germs, but after that yeah its gonna have to be legs ha. I'm hitting it hard until Monday though.
  • ITSSPENO
    1955 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've been following this thread on and off for a few weeks and it's given me the urge to get back into the gym

I'm usually always physically fit from years of boxing but I struggle to put weight on.

How do you guys tailor your workouts and intake? I see people saying they want a certain intake of let's say protein, but how do you reasonably track this? I imagine most of us don't have time to measure everything they eat.
  • krakos000
    17447 posts World Class
    ITSSPENO wrote: »
    I've been following this thread on and off for a few weeks and it's given me the urge to get back into the gym

I'm usually always physically fit from years of boxing but I struggle to put weight on.

How do you guys tailor your workouts and intake? I see people saying they want a certain intake of let's say protein, but how do you reasonably track this? I imagine most of us don't have time to measure everything they eat.

I dont really track it I mainly just have a protein shake a day or 2, about 30 grams each, and whatever else I eat that has protein in it.
  • Cadey 5
    edited February 25
    DAY 18

UpperBack
    DB Row
    10 X 27.5 10 X 27.5 10 X 27.5

DB Incline Pull over
    12 x 25 12 x 25 12 x 25

Seated row
    10 x 80 10 x 80 10 x 80

EZ Bar shrug
    20 x 45 20 x 45 20 x 45

Calf Press
    20 x 73 20 x 73 20 x 73 20 x 73 20 x 73

Cardio
    Bike 240 calories

Carbs 141
    Protein 199
    Fat 46
  • Cadey 5
    edited February 25
    DAY 19

Was a rest day but diet..

Won't lie was was a right off spent it with a friend and just let myself go a bit food wise! :|
  • Cadey 5
    DAY 20

Second active rest day actually got my cardio in

Hit train 6 cycles of 4 minutes steady 1 minute intense 240 calories 30 minutes

diet

Protein 166
    Carbs 122
    Fat 81

again sticking with 20 grams less carbs on rest days.