My thoughts about the patch after WL

iConfueZ
301 posts Sunday League Hero
edited February 2019
@EA_Andy you guys always say you want feedback, here's feedback...

Just played 2 games of WL, all PTB with deep line, and everyone's waiting to counter.

Seriously, does the gameplay team actually think about the issues the latest patch is bringing into the game? With the overpowered AI defending it is already hard to break through, and if you're able to break through there's still these stupid broken 1v1s that either get saved or hit the post.

These are stats of my latest match:
j9kmfho.jpg

And the last 2 goals were in extra time, because my opponent was finally leaving his own half.

There's no balance anymore. You can hate it as much as you want, but the timed finesse shots were the only way to counter this. You forced your opponent to pressure the bal otherwise he got punished. Now that they are removed, there's no balance anymore unless AI defending is going to be nerfed. You can drop back, play 1 bar depth, defend with your attackers, wait for the interception and then quickly counter. That's a complete joke, and even worse than timed finesse shots.

Comments

• Dexdan
    664 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Completely agree. The game is very boring at the moment.
  • Cantonal7l
    835 posts Professional
    Try and play with delay and that on top.
  • Cantonal7l wrote: »

True.

Why do we even play this broken game? 😂
  • Cantonal7l
    835 posts Professional
    Cantonal7l wrote: »

True.

Why do we even play this broken game? 😂

It’s only been this week that I’ve had it so bad. Other weeks in WL it’s been fine. As for rivals, that has always been broken.

For the rewards mainly.
  • Boysie91
    13944 posts World Class
    Not for me I am enjoying it. Played 11 games 3 parked the bus on me and I won 2/3 of those games. Just have to learn how to counter it and they soon attack back or get outplayed.
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    I would prefer a nerf to the AI defending over bringing back timed finesse BS.
    game is unbalanced now and I played 5 games yesterday. 5 games against PTB with 1 or 2 depth.
    there is no punishment anymore for people who play like this. and funny thing is that they usually get rewarded with a counter or some BS rebound goals.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019
    It's just a sweat fest of people playing drop back and AI defending. Controlling their ST and holding lobbed ball to counter. Long ball tactic is broken, tbh it had been for years.
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2019
    I’ve had a good WL so far, the games have been very enjoyable. People were already parking the bus before, this is nothing new to me. I also never resorted to timed finesse shots, or timed shooting in general, so I was used to scoring in other ways before. Just start getting players in the box, it should help if you shift your mindset from the timed finesse paradigm to scoring goals from inside the box.
  • JMUIRHEAD
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The passes are so broken also. Through balls are pointless now. No point trying to cross into the box either unless you have a 5 yard radius round your striker in the penalty area.

Patch is the worst yet
  • number7rocky
    7512 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019
    It's absolutely tedious. 9 games I played today and every one was drop back depth 1 PTB and no way to punish it. Games become even more rng than before and is about who gets the lucky breakthrough.

I'm 15-4 and feel I could be anywhere from 18-1 to 13-6 😂 it feels that random. If you get the breakthrough it's fine but if not it absolutely tedious breaking down opponents.

I scored a few nice goals but I'm generally hoping for some rng lucky goal at times. Not conceding many but when I do its an rng random goal like a rebound or corner and games are low scoring so these random moments decide games even more than before.

Needs another patch 😂 PTB needs a nerf
  • Greezyweezy101
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2019
    This is what the majority of people want. They don't want to have to defend.

That's why there was so many tantrums thrown about timed finnesses, because you had to manually defend to stop them.

Now they have all but gone, everyone leaves 8/9 players in their own box and waits for an undeserved counter attack.

It's the happy place for people scared to select a defender.

I lost a game on penalties earlier to an opponent that ended a 120 minute match with ZERO tackles. Iol

It's boring. If there's one thing that will put me off this game for good it's being bored. Stopped playing FIFA 17 in December for the exact same reason.
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    Brilliantly put.

Bring back timed shooting!
  • iConfueZ
    I just don't know how to score 1v1s anymore, like it's completely random. It's like the game is flipping a coin to choose if it's a goal or not.

https://streamable.com/th5xz

And here's another example, though I scored it. But the way the ball went in is stupid. Ibra should've scored it in the first place.

https://streamable.com/mwkku
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Noo wrote: »
    Brilliantly put.

Bring back timed shooting!

• jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    Agreed. I'll keep playing attacking football anyway but it's frustrating to lose from these guys
  • Gozar
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    Maybe focus on your own play and stop worrying about the people who aren’t “manually” defending. If you cannot break someone down, that’s on you. D b a p b f f s.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2019
    Sitting deep and absorbing pressure before countering is a commonly used tactic in real life, usually by teams who know they aren't quite as good as their opponent.

Curling the ball in from 20-30 yards is generally not an effective way to score regularly in real life.

They've got it right.
  • Cole0907
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sitting deep and absorbing pressure before countering is a commonly used tactic in real life, usually by teams who know they aren't quite as good as their opponent.

Curling the ball in from 20-30 yards is generally not an effective way to score regularly in real life.

They've got it right.

• iConfueZ
    Gozar wrote: »
    Maybe focus on your own play and stop worrying about the people who aren’t “manually” defending. If you cannot break someone down, that’s on you. D b a p b f f s.

Where did I say I can't break someone down who's AI defending? I'm only saying that the AI is too overpowered, and with the bad 1v1s it can be hard to score, especially with the latest patch nerfing timed finesse shots.
  • Greezyweezy101
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite

They've got it right.

Maybe you don't watch much actual football. Absorbing pressure is a commonly used tactic, yes.

Sitting virtually your whole team in and around your own box for 90 minutes is not a real thing. Show me one example of this happening in real life.
  • number7rocky
    7512 posts League Winner
    Cole0907 wrote: »

They've got it right.

Not all people playing PTB do it because they ain't as good though and in "real life" it's the smaller teams with lesser players that play this way against big teams.

Hardly comparable when someone with CR7 and and team full of icons is playing PTB is it? 😂

Timed finesse needed a nerf but so does ai PTB defending the game is basically a bigger rng fest than before. Hope for a lucky bounce, cross ect...
  • iConfueZ
    edited February 2019

They've got it right.

That's not the main reason people use this tactic in FIFA 19, they use it because they know it's way too overpowered. This is a game. Pretty sure you PTB and abuse the defending mechanics.
  • SomeNextGuy

They've got it right.

Maybe you don't watch much actual football. Absorbing pressure is a commonly used tactic, yes.

Sitting virtually your whole team in and around your own box for 90 minutes is not a real thing. Show me one example of this happening in real life.

Chelsea when they beat Barca a few years ago.
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Pure nightmare atm
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited February 2019
    iConfueZ wrote: »

They've got it right.

That's not the main reason people use this tactic in FIFA 19, they use it because they know it's way too overpowered. This is a game. Pretty sure you PTB and abuse the defending mechanics.

Nope, I'm awful at using the AI defending! I just find this tactic considerably less annoying than timed finesse from anywhere around the box.
  • kathers81
    451 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Timed shooting still works. It’s just not OP as before. It’s quite easy to play against the PTB guys...pass the ball around at the back until space opens in midfield as they inevitably chase your players in frustration.

Aim for 60% possession and don’t use through balls at all against PTB unless down the wing or an obvious one two is on
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    You've got to laugh at the park the busers using the old "it happens in real football line." Fifa will never be a true representation of the real sport, even in real football park the bus tactics are frowned upon. Fifa is a game and fun gameplay should be the priority.
  • SomeNextGuy
    Retro_G wrote: »
    You've got to laugh at the park the busers using the old "it happens in real football line." Fifa will never be a true representation of the real sport, even in real football park the bus tactics are frowned upon. Fifa is a game and fun gameplay should be the priority.

The usual picking and choosing.

It's just funny how many have come out of the woodwork since the new patch.