The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

PTB the new meta...

number7rocky
5080 posts Big Money Move
edited February 2019
I despised the timed finesse meta as much as anyone else and was happy to see it nerfed. When I was playing rivals it was brutal as it was basically all I lost to in div 2. I used timed finesse myself but I didn't spam or rely on it compared to alot of players. As bs as it was it was a great way to deal with PTB though.

Ive played WL today and I'm seriously considering if I want to play anymore this weekend. Every game has been tedious PTB depth 1 drop back, and realistically there's no way to punish it. Defenders all in the box ready to block everything. Been absolutely tedious having to break down opponents... Occasionally I'd score a nice goal but even myself I've had to hope at times for a lucky dng goal to go my way to get the breakthrough. I've barely conceded apart from when it was some random rng based goal, and I'm sure I've not conceding a single finesse but games have generally been low scoring which means those random moments decide games even more than before.

Basically going into games praying you get that break through as then the opponent generally has to attack.

The patch has basically made the game more random, mostly who can get that lucky breakthrough goal and then sit back whilst the guy who is losing hopes for that lucky equaliser 😂

15-4. Feel like I could be anywhere from 18-1 to 13-6 it feels that random.

Need another patch to nerf PTB now 😂

Comments

• DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain
    Totally ageee with this; not to mention the cross abuse. The “lucky” rebounds and deflections are way more annoying now. You struggle and score a good goal and you get paid back via a kickoff, cross, corner or stupid rebound.
  • number7rocky
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    Totally ageee with this; not to mention the cross abuse. The “lucky” rebounds and deflections are way more annoying now. You struggle and score a good goal and you get paid back via a kickoff, cross, corner or stupid rebound.

Yep scored a few headers myself backpost but it's generally unreliable and rng if you score from it. Your basically hoping for a lucky bounce in the box to break people down.
  • AULERT
    752 posts Semi-Pro
    I hear you, but PTB was always META if you could defend manually! Okay the odd timed finesse would go in, but PTB and fast build up was OP.
  • Retro_G
    31997 posts National Team Captain
    edited February 2019
    AULERT wrote: »
    I hear you, but PTB was always META if you could defend manually! Okay the odd timed finesse would go in, but PTB and fast build up was OP.

It was easy to exploit park the bus players before the patch. They had to close down the space for a long range finnese shot, that left gaps. Now they can sit back blocking the passing lanes, keeping their team in position, knowing that you won't even attempt the long shot as the chances of it going in are so slim.
  • Tymsy83
    882 posts Semi-Pro
    PTB should litterally give you no chance in the attack, sadly this game doesn’t work out like that
  • DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    AULERT wrote: »

It was easy to exploit park the bus players before the patch. They had to close down the space for a long range finnese shot, that left gaps. Now they can sit back blocking the passing lanes, keeping their team in position, knowing that you won't even attempt the long shot as the chances of it going in are so slim.

This.
  • IxToMxI
    6873 posts League Winner
    Said for ages the one or two games I did loose against really good timed finishers I didn’t mind, I knew once that was gone we was in for this AI defending was bad enough but this now gives PTB AI defenders a huge boost

Will give it a week before the majority of people are praying for timed finishing to come back

Once again I do not not have never used timed finishing in Fifa 19
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't think it's that bad. It's annoying, but nowhere near early FIFA17 where it was literally the whole team camped inside your own box. Now that was atrocious.
  • ha032742
    36400 posts Moderator
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    I don't think it's that bad. It's annoying, but nowhere near early FIFA17 where it was literally the whole team camped inside your own box. Now that was atrocious.

Yeah I agree with this...still possible to break people down.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

Yeah I agree with this...still possible to break people down.

Not hard to break teams down with your 50mil team tbf. :trollface:
  • IxToMxI wrote: »

I'm no language pedant, and forgive me...
    But I've just spent the last two hours trying to unpick the triple negatives in that sentence, and I think my brain's just exploded ....
    :)
  • IxToMxI
    6873 posts League Winner
    IxToMxI wrote: »

I'm no language pedant, and forgive me...
    But I've just spent the last two hours trying to unpick the triple negatives in that sentence, and I think my brain's just exploded ....
    :)

Additional not is a typo
    Semi colon after again
    Forward slash after the first not

Then you have a sentence :D
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    According to the forum everthiis the new meta
  • _Stobe
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    +10