The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

WL home games

Johnny Bravo
1303 posts Professional
Is anyone here willing to admit they only play home games during WL?

It's become a real source of irritation to me that people still back out of games so often. I don't get time to play 30 games anyway and end up spending 5 minutes trying to get a game half the time as most of the time I'm at home people back out.

I'm sure it's just a placebo too, I notice very little difference in my results whether I'm home or away. Can anyone who does home only honestly say they've had a huge upswing in results?

Comments

• i2-TempZ-2i
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    Since the start of the game all i cared about was just playing games, i've changed nothing except only playing home games and i've gone from sometimes struggling to get G3 to G2/G1 consistently

Who knows if its just the home games but it definitely has seemed to improve the amount of laggy games i have
  • dregana08
    3982 posts National Call-Up
    How do you know if you are the home team??
  • fifaplayerbol
    4372 posts National Call-Up
    dregana08 wrote: »

don't tell him anyone, dont need more people doing it
  • dregana08

There's something called Google. I'll have to use that, carry on with your useless threads complaining about pack luck and the gameplay.
  • Zv1k0
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    I think home games are less laggy so yes, that might be the reason for better results.
  • dregana08

So when you find a match, if someone is already there it means you are the away team. Thanks for inspiring me to look into it @fifaplayerbol
  • A_Snipe
    2527 posts Fans' Favourite
    I never used to care but away games are unbearable for some reason. They used to be fine but now it’s not even worth trying
  • bigpokey24
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    Please guys continue to back out, I am waiting for yall.. just played away won by 6 goals to 2, I even had 2 players sent off. :D some players aren't smart at all
  • bigpokey24
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    I think home games are less laggy so yes, that might be the reason for better results.

You are delusional. Both games are the same be it away or home... smh
  • dregana08
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Please guys continue to back out, I am waiting for yall.. just played away won by 6 goals to 2, I even had 2 players sent off. :D some players aren't smart at all

Jesus mate you must be good. Hope I don't play against you this WL otherwise you might make me cry.
  • dregana08
    Just played as a home team and made no difference... If anything I had terrible luck.
  • bigpokey24
    Who came up with the delusional thought processes that home games are smoother on a dedicated server :D many of you cheapskates are using wifi and dsl.. use a ethernet cable and upgrade to fiber optic...smh
  • Mikey123000
    604 posts Professional
    I never cared, but seen as you made this morning thread, I’ve gone to look into it and only home games for me now on, thanks for the tip
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    Is anyone here willing to admit they only play home games during WL?

It's become a real source of irritation to me that people still back out of games so often. I don't get time to play 30 games anyway and end up spending 5 minutes trying to get a game half the time as most of the time I'm at home people back out.

I'm sure it's just a placebo too, I notice very little difference in my results whether I'm home or away. Can anyone who does home only honestly say they've had a huge upswing in results?

I've played like 3 away games, but yeah, I'm willing to admit I "only" play at home. Sometimes the game naturally puts me as the home team like 5 times as a row and everyone backs out, so I just start doing the same. I'm stubborn as a mule, so if people wanna be knobs, bring it on, I've got plenty of time. :lol:
  • fifaplayerbol
    4372 posts National Call-Up

So when you find a match, if someone is already there it means you are the away team. Thanks for inspiring me to look into it @fifaplayerbol

You are the most miserable person on this forum, so negative.
  • Delboy13710
    6274 posts Big Money Move
    I tried to play only home games a few weeks ago couldn’t get a game for around 2 minutes this weekend I swear I’ve played every game away don’t care not like I’m going for top 100 .
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Since the start of the game all i cared about was just playing games, i've changed nothing except only playing home games and i've gone from sometimes struggling to get G3 to G2/G1 consistently

Who knows if its just the home games but it definitely has seemed to improve the amount of laggy games i have

People dont do it because of lag tho. they do it to avoid pros. So if all the try hard superstars do it, that means you are playing worse competition.
  • Caspertjuh
    1059 posts Professional
    I always play away, cant be bothered.
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's hilarious really how for the first ten games you get a game first time almost every time, home or away. After that it takes forever to find a game because everyone wants to play at home. For what I don't know. The games are on dedicated servers, aside from having the first kick off it literally makes zero difference.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    I only make sure i play home if i really need a win to level up and dont have many games left. Otherwise i just play with whatever. I get delay whether im home or away so it doeant really make much difference its just luck of the draw for me. I notice when i get to 17+ wins or so theres a lot more backing out by people.
  • Mmandras
    2974 posts National Call-Up
    EA should patch it so you don't see who is "home".