CPU hard to break

Brownian_Motion
380 posts Sunday League Hero
For those playing against the machine, did you notice any steep increase in the difficulty tonight? I played my four games in SB, lost half of them, notably against a mid 70s rated team. I had 12 shots, 7 on target and no goals. The silver keeper was on fire and the center backs had elastic legs. On the box, no way to win a single header. Thanks for your feedback.

Comments

• Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    Do dragbacks, you will always have space, somehow the cpu cant defend them, Legendary difficulty.
  • Jpo41
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2019
    I cant even win on professional....they block every shot even 1v1. All goalies are amazing from bronze to gold and all defenders have insane reach.
  • Batman442
    4804 posts Big Money Move
    No the usual for me, even with Japanese squad
  • cjonesdnb
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I will say since the patch its felt a bit more difficult. Was never a timed finesse abuser, I feel like shooting (across the board) has been handicapped, but the AI defending is still the same.. My wins are much closer now.. blowouts are rare.. im on PC so ive been playing the patch since it 1st came out so this opinion is based on consistent play.
  • Brownian_Motion
    Ok, thanks for the comments. @Latanaka I will try this more systematically to get spaces (although not good enough to play on legendary, I’ll stick with pro). Let’s see how it goes over the week end...
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    The ai is no better they just sit super deep and super tight. I lost one game 1-0 I had 28 shots they had 2. I hit the bar twice and had 13 corners.
  • Devil maker
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I believe its got harder. Usually play on legendary against 75 or lower chem and lost both games 7-2 and 3-0, where before the patch i would win easily.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    For those playing against the machine, did you notice any steep increase in the difficulty tonight? I played my four games in SB, lost half of them, notably against a mid 70s rated team. I had 12 shots, 7 on target and no goals. The silver keeper was on fire and the center backs had elastic legs. On the box, no way to win a single header. Thanks for your feedback.

You mean for everyone participating in weekend league :)
  • Brownian_Motion
    @lIlIlIlIlIl :) Is it that bad?
    I played my four games this morning and it was better. I paid attention to my defence, did a bit of rollback to get spaces. I won three games on Pro. I crushed the low rated team and defeated the 80+ 100 Chem one (although the CPU went back from 3-0 to 3-2 on the last 5 mn while I was a bit complacent :/ ). Beyond Pro is still far fetched, except against the weaker teams. Thanks for the feedbacks.
  • RA22Y
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    Play on Legendary and be very very very patient. Never, ever, ever touch sprint. Get close to the box and keep turning back on yourself and passing back to keep possession. Move the AI around until you can get a player in space in the box. Just hope that EA doesn't decide to make him run offside just as you're about to pass to him.

Once you go a couple ahead and it's second half the AI goes on all out attack and takes lost of chances in possession - you can the press higher and try to win the ball back quicker- and you can start sprinting into the space that the AI leaves.

Oh, and the spin skill move works good in the box.