Possible solution, Ea stop division rivals cheats

Pay2Lose
906 posts Professional
edited February 2019
Ok first of all sorry because i post about this every day. But only because these people are destroying the game.

So basically this is what they do.. They start in the higher leagues 3 or above or wherever. Then on Thursday they artificially lower their skill rating. They do this by scoreing own goals and then quit the game...

Then they spend the week thrashing lower skilled players. This gives them the rivals score they need quickly, and easily And by the following Weds they are back to the skill points they started on, which places them in the higher leagues. Then they repeat the process.

How can ea stop this? I’ve been thinking and although this may sound silly. They could just make it so quitting a game does not lower skill rating? This would mean that those wanting to artificially lower their skill rating, would be forced to complete 90 mins of the match.

Obviously spending the time to quit down the leagues is very sad, but surely nobody would have the time or be sad enough to sit through every game? So isn’t this the solution? There must be a way for EA to stop this blatant exploitation of the rewards system?

If you do this you are ruining the experience not only for others but also for yourself. You will never improve by playing less skilled players.

Comments

• Simsbadger
    908 posts Professional
    Your point is a good one but what happens if I’m in a losing position in the 85th min and instead of losing skill points I just quit that way I keep same skill points as I started the game
    No one would be relegated!!
    I think it should be if u get relegated u get the lower rewards ie
    I’m in div 5 I get relegated to div 6 so rewards for that week would be div 6 if I get promoted n same week rewards stay same ie div 6 till next week
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    Simsbadger wrote: »
    Your point is a good one but what happens if I’m in a losing position in the 85th min and instead of losing skill points I just quit that way I keep same skill points as I started the game
    No one would be relegated!!
    I think it should be if u get relegated u get the lower rewards ie
    I’m in div 5 I get relegated to div 6 so rewards for that week would be div 6 if I get promoted n same week rewards stay same ie div 6 till next week

I see your point, but that’s cheating again, if you quit to not lose skill points you’re just as bad as the people quitting to lose skill points.

Basically Ea obviously didn’t think things through and we are left with a game mode that’s just a cheat fest. Make it so they can’t quit more than one game an hour then?
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    They should just make it so people can’t be religated until the following week. That way if they start in division 3 they are there all week?
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    madwullie wrote: »
    Basically whatever system they implement, arse pieces will find some way to circumvent it in their favour.

Yeah so basically ea need to ditch rivals. It’s trash.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pay2Lose wrote: »
    Basically whatever system they implement, arse pieces will find some way to circumvent it in their favour.

Rivals was a good idea for easy packs and coins, if you dont buy fifa points that is. The only problem is the community in the higher divisions that purposely relegate themselves for easier competition and wins...
    The only solution i see to prevent those loopholes would be to assign rewards based on lowest division held and change rank system from percentage on leaderbord to a solid figure (eg. Rank 1 requires 18k points, rank 2 14k, etc)
  • Mjdtheman
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s simple, they should give the rewards for the lowest division you was in throughout the week
  • DarthGrowler
    17076 posts World Class
    Never thought of doing this. Thanks for the tip OP
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Can’t they just give rewards for what you finish?
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional

Rivals was a good idea for easy packs and coins, if you dont buy fifa points that is. The only problem is the community in the higher divisions that purposely relegate themselves for easier competition and wins...
    The only solution i see to prevent those loopholes would be to assign rewards based on lowest division held and change rank system from percentage on leaderbord to a solid figure (eg. Rank 1 requires 18k points, rank 2 14k, etc)
    Mjdtheman wrote: »
    It’s simple, they should give the rewards for the lowest division you was in throughout the week

Yeah I think giving rewards for the lowest division they go to is a good idea. But people say high divisions rewards are rubbish? I think they should make it so quitting doesn’t lower skill points. Sure some people will just quit when they are losing 2 1 so they don’t lose skill points but if they don’t get rivals points or coins it should balance things out?
  • BombSquadPuppy
    BiigDee wrote: »

The problem with rewards being determined on where you finish or start is the self relegators
  • oneskyworld
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think the simplest solution is to give rewards based on the Div you end up with, not the one you begin with.
  • Mjdtheman
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think the simplest solution is to give rewards based on the Div you end up with, not the one you begin with.

You’re not getting it. Say they start in division 3 on Thursday, they will quit til they’re division 5 and make there way back to division 3 by next Thursday. During that time they have played a lot of players in lower divisions that they are better than just to get the easy wins
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional

They finish back where they started. That’s the problem. Game mode is flawed.
  • BombSquadPuppy

The game mode is good, the reward system os flawed
  • treddy
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ya. Make it that rewards are determined by the lowest division held fitting the week
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move

Ahh FFS, why have I been grinding away then 😂
  • Romonopol
    6 posts Ball Boy
    It's May, 05, 2019, and the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is going on.
    I am in league 8 in Divison Rivals, winning a match 3:0, after this I loose 2 points!!!!!!!!!!
    What is going on here?????
    Another match. My goaly shoots the ball to another of my players (or at least I have done), he waits and waits and waits, at the end a player of my opponent is running through and plays a chip above my goali.

A very serious question:

Who here wants to get his money back????
    I think, we, the players should show such a lousy company like EA, that we don't like if somebody screws us.
    We should go to the court.
    Not only car companies are screwing it's clients, the same goes for EA.
    Anybody interested in starting a charge against this company please leave a reply here.
    If there are enough I will try to start this.

• Mincepie171286
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You’re should be in the same division all week. Only possible outcome is relegation one division, holiding the division or promotion one division at the end of the week.Your rewards are based on that week.

Repeat process next week

And then the week after.

So if you are in division 2 for example and you lose 10 games in a row you are still in division 2 playing division 2 players until the following week.

Surely it’s that simple?
  • ngern77
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You’re should be in the same division all week. Only possible outcome is relegation one division, holiding the division or promotion one division at the end of the week.Your rewards are based on that week.

Repeat process next week

And then the week after.

So if you are in division 2 for example and you lose 10 games in a row you are still in division 2 playing division 2 players until the following week.

Surely it’s that simple?

It should be matching with opponents at your starting division for whole week but your point can reduce and relegate to any lower division.
  • EekAlaska
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite
    Didn't read everyone's post but easiest way would be to make it so after a quit game in Rivals you had to wait an hr to quit again. This would probably stop everyone except a rare few.
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Didn't read everyone's post but easiest way would be to make it so after a quit game in Rivals you had to wait an hr to quit again. This would probably stop everyone except a rare few.

If you quit in rivals then you cannot play a game for an hour. Now that would stop quitters.
  • Mic2904
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    I said this on many threads: this is what happens when you create a competitive environment! You will never stop this as people will always try to go to the edge and lean over as much as they can.
    If the above is fixed they will find something else.
  • Danielb
    1360 posts Play-Off Hero
    Never thought of doing this. Thanks for the tip OP

That makes you dumb on two counts
  • Danielb
    1360 posts Play-Off Hero
    tezmacfifa wrote: »
    EekAlaska wrote: »

If you quit in rivals then you cannot play a game for an hour. Now that would stop quitters.

You cannot do that i have lost connection before without quitting in fact the only time i do quit is objectives. Ie i need to win with an assist by a full back and im 3-0 down with 70 mins gone.
  • Kiido
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2019
    That's what I do. I go back to 1500 skillrating after rewards, do my objectives if I want them and then make sure I am above 1900 again before thursday. This really makes it alot easier to get the weekly objectives done. Getting Digne took me 5 games out of 5 but high in division 1 there is no way I can play with fullbacks on attacking positions and win easily. It also helps getting rank 1 as you'll win the majority of your games. It's a game changer ever since I started doing it.

It would help if EA would offer a less competitive scene. Division 1 is just exhausting to play. You can't just smash out 5 games and not think about it.

I have actually received some nice messages from people along the way after getting a free win, lol.
  • Danielb
    1360 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kiido wrote: »
    That's what I do. I go back to 1500 skillrating after rewards, do my objectives if I want them and then make sure I am above 1900 again before thursday. This really makes it alot easier to get the weekly objectives done. Getting Digne took me 5 games out of 5 but high in division 1 there is no way I can play with fullbacks on attacking positions and win easily. It also helps getting rank 1 as you'll win the majority of your games. It's a game changer ever since I started doing it.

It would help if EA would offer a less competitive scene. Division 1 is just exhausting to play. You can't just smash out 5 games and not think about it.

I have actually received some nice messages from people along the way after getting a free win, lol.

Thats because you are what makes the game a problem. At least you admit you are a skilled player who cant do it against people of a like level.
  • Kiido
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Danielb wrote: »

Thats because you are what makes the game a problem. At least you admit you are a skilled player who cant do it against people of a like level.

The game is the problem and I have found a way to make the game enjoyable again (for me atleast). I used to play Goldcup on previous editions as you never knew what kind of opponent you get. I miss that kind of variety.
  • Danielb
    1360 posts Play-Off Hero
    Danielb wrote: »

The game is the problem and I have found a way to make the game enjoyable again (for me atleast). I used to play Goldcup on previous editions as you never knew what kind of opponent you get. I miss that kind of variety.

Ha ha you choose how you play the game not the game. You are the problem and lets face it if you drop down divisions (as you cant handle the top divisions) you know who you are going to play.
    Thats some achievement for you.