Fifa Points Banned In Belgium

TeamExtreme17
2402 posts Fans' Favourite
https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/47057859

Thoughts? I personally wish all countries follow suit so us non FUT players get our Fifa back!

Comments

• Rossi1000
    490 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 31
    I’ve always said pack buying is gambling

Post edited by Rossi1000 on
  • OfficialPayton
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m glad they have done this I hope it happens in other country’s aswell! Sick to death of UT being the main thing in Fifa, yeh I under that’s the only way to make money in EA eyes but surely they make enough money from other games they make and sponsorships! If this was to happen in other country’s maybe just maybe EA would concentrate on pro clubs & career mode! And if EA still wanted to make money maybe add rare hairstyles or purchase limited boots with real life currency
  • TeamExtreme17
    I absolutely agree, you should only be able to buy packs for in-game coins.. They have turned Fifa in to a gambling game with the rest of the game (Career Mode etc) suffering! Having been buying this game since the 90's im embarrassed watching all these YouTube videos of people spending REAL money on opening packs! I'm not against micro-transactions, but if they want to make extra income from the game then release custom starhead packs which is something very highly requested for the past 10 years! (Team packs like Inter Milan etc, or Future Stars packs with players like Jadon Sancho etc)
  • OfficialPayton
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    I absolutely agree, you should only be able to buy packs for in-game coins.. They have turned Fifa in to a gambling game with the rest of the game (Career Mode etc) suffering! Having been buying this game since the 90's im embarrassed watching all these YouTube videos of people spending REAL money on opening packs! I'm not against micro-transactions, but if they want to make extra income from the game then release custom starhead packs which is something very highly requested for the past 10 years! (Team packs like Inter Milan etc, or Future Stars packs with players like Jadon Sancho etc)

I couldn’t agree more buddy! This is spot on the only thing EA thinks about is money I hope having that from Belgium makes them realise! I’m a competitive esports player on pro clubs and it kills me to pay like £60 for a game just for pro clubs which don’t get improved!

• TeamExtreme17

I couldn’t agree more buddy! This is spot on the only thing EA thinks about is money I hope having that from Belgium makes them realise! I’m a competitive esports player on pro clubs and it kills me to pay like £60 for a game just for pro clubs which don’t get improved!

Exactly! How they can still charge full price is beyond me! Either they make seperate games called FUT 19 and Fifa 19 with a team working on each, Fifa 19 would be Career Mode etc, basically everything we have now without FUT.. Or make the game a 2 yearly subscription based release instead of yearly, which would see you buy the game for like £19.99 and then buy add ons, for example Career Mode at £9.99, which would mean they would have to actually add new features and fix bugs.. (Im not keen on the latter idea but anything is better than Career Mode being neglected!)
  • Howler19
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I personally am for legal gambling and letting people do what they want and all that, but oh well... everything that helps destroy FUT is a good thing for FIFA as a game.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Howler19 wrote: »
    I personally am for legal gambling and letting people do what they want and all that, but oh well... everything that helps destroy FUT is a good thing for FIFA as a game.

Yeah its not something that you would expect of a game that has Age 3+ on the box...
  • Sami
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’m glad they have done this I hope it happens in other country’s aswell! Sick to death of UT being the main thing in Fifa, yeh I under that’s the only way to make money in EA eyes but surely they make enough money from other games they make and sponsorships! If this was to happen in other country’s maybe just maybe EA would concentrate on pro clubs & career mode! And if EA still wanted to make money maybe add rare hairstyles or purchase limited boots with real life currency

UT greed has killed all the creativity from EA. Look at the Star Wars mess where they got greedy and put loot boxes in that. Same with BF. If a game doesn’t have micro transactions it’s no good to them.

If Anthem flops then goodbye BioWare. No more Mass effect or Dragon Age.

There’s so much more they can do in Fifa. Give us a proper 5vs5 Fifa street mode. I would happily pay extra for that mode EA. How about doing something with pro clubs? Let’s put icons and real players rather than defaults who can’t control a ball. Let’s have more customisation options. The list is endless and people have been saying this for years.

The focus is UT, UT, UT and you guessed it UT. But even that’s gone down the drain. Everything is just so competitive and try hard in that mode. Where’s the mode where you can come back from hard days work and chill out? It certainly ain’t rivals and champions. Give us a few casual modes. I don’t give two shoots about competitive gaming. For me Fifa in its current state is not a long term wise move for competitive gamers because the game is so random. It certainly ain’t no fornite or COD when it comes to competitive because the gameplay on both of those people actually enjoy. The gameplay on Fifa is all time low. El tornados and crossing. No look shots. What the hell is this?
  • Richie827
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    A good football game mainly focus on football.
    It's good to hear out your voice guys!
  • ozcs_69
    3106 posts National Call-Up
    god bless belguim
  • Master110
    946 posts Professional
    They will just find a way around it.

Fut is here to stay.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Master110 wrote: »

Fut is here to stay.

FUT is fine, without Fifa Points...
  • Pwalie86
    1334 posts Professional
    Fifa 20 UT will be fine as Madden 20 has been announced recently and that doesn't shy away from UT microtransactions. The only time EA and other companies put a stop to it is if it actually becomes illegal. They'll fight for every last coin they can get.

Personally I wouldn't be as bothered if Fifa was made for everyone equally, but microtransactions are ruining the rest of the game.

I wouldn't be surprised now if they actually started putting more effort into the rest of the game with Fifa 20 before any law is passed, because if they released Fifa 21 and no more lure of FUT drawing people in, then most aren't going to want to play a Pro Clubs or career mode that's seriously lacking in features. The other modes right now wouldn't be enough to make this game sell.

Plus, if they only fully renovated the other modes after the law has passed, it's going to show EA Sports what they're really like.

This game existed before FUT and was a popular game. FUT didn't make Fifa.
  • Richie827
    edited May 24
    Some questions I want to add and they are off topic.
    Does anyone play PES's My Club mode?Is it the only mode you get to play as historical players?Does PES include historical teams?
    If my club mode = the FUT.And PES allow people to play as historical players outside my club mode,I hope EA can do the same thing for us.Adding legendary players to free agency category so we can pick them up as our custom squad.Fair and square.

EA FIFA is has such restrict access,even compare to EA's other sports series.You just can't create a single team on your own.Well you can actually by paying money..
  • Richie827
    Richie827 wrote: »
    Some questions I want to add and they are off topic.
    Does anyone play PES's My Club mode?Is it the only mode you get to play as historical players?Does PES include historical teams?
    If my club mode = the FUT.And PES allow people to play as historical players outside my club mode,I hope EA can do the same thing for us.Adding legendary players to free agency category so we can pick them up as our custom squad.Fair and square.

EA FIFA is has such restrict access,even compare to EA's other sports series.You just can't create a single team on your own.Well you can actually by paying money..

Give us at least 20 slots for the use of creating custom teams.For those good teams which will centainly be missing in FIFA 20,like Boca Red Stars and Japan national teams(m/female).
  • Master110
    946 posts Professional

Fut is here to stay.

Ea will make packs get better players. Meaning its no longer a gamble lose the market and coins. Fifa points go up in price x3.

Fifa points will still be in fifa
  • Pwalie86
    1334 posts Professional

Fut is here to stay.

Ea will make packs get better players. Meaning its no longer a gamble lose the market and coins. Fifa points go up in price x3.

In order for it to not be gambling then they'd have to say exactly what you're going to get for your money.
  • Pwalie86
    1334 posts Professional
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/23/18637556/anti-loot-box-bill-microtransaction-ban-legal-analysis-esa

Follow-up of this drama..and it sounds a bit more promising. Republicans and Democrats actually agreeing on it together. Even if the law isn't passed through, then it could still shake things up within the industry to change their ways to an extent.

• Master110
    946 posts Professional
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

Fut is here to stay.

In order for it to not be gambling then they'd have to say exactly what you're going to get for your money.

Yeah it will be eg one gold player from said team
  • TeamExtreme17

Fut is here to stay.

That's the point of this thread, the eradication of Fifa points...
  • Master110
    946 posts Professional
    edited May 27

Fut is here to stay.

The world won't ban fifa points. You need to ban the sticker packs of cards also because its gambling lmao.

Almost everyone plays UT.

UT is fifa now.
  • TeamExtreme17

Fut is here to stay.

The world won't ban fifa points. You need to ban the sticker packs of cards also because its gambling lmao.

UT is fifa now.

Belgium has...

It is gambling and this game has Age 3+ on the box..
  • Pwalie86
    1334 posts Professional
    Deffo gambling otherwise we'd have never even reached this far with US senators getting involved and a whole country already won the war on it like Belgium.

But I do wonder how Belgium can sell Fifa without microtransactions working. Is it a certain patch that only applies to that region?
  • TeamExtreme17
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Deffo gambling otherwise we'd have never even reached this far with US senators getting involved and a whole country already won the war on it like Belgium.

But I do wonder how Belgium can sell Fifa without microtransactions working. Is it a certain patch that only applies to that region?

I just don't think Fifa Points appear in their store..
  • Richie827

Fut is here to stay.

UT is fifa now.

Not everyone.I haven't tried it out for 10 yrs.I just don't get the fun of it.Plus It's nothing similar to real transfer market.
    And people who are streaming pack openning stuff online...look at their big suprise faces kinda funny,I thought they were on drugs,Imao.
  • Richie827
    edited May 27
    Richie827 wrote: »

Fut is here to stay.

UT is fifa now.

Not everyone.I haven't tried it out for 10 yrs.I just don't get the fun of it.Plus It's nothing similar to real transfer market.
    And people who are streaming pack openning stuff online...look at their big suprise faces kinda funny,I thought they were on drugs,Imao.

UT is FIFA now,maybe.But UT isn't football.That's for sure.It isn't a good game mode anyway,EA used to have NBA live UT mode (ended badlythough).If they had all the popular sports games licenses they'd make every single one of them a UT mode.Those moth..... blood suckers.

Gambling or not.It's a lure and bad influence to kids.Even change the way they think of real sports.Kinda like p0rn0 though.