Cashed out and quit

Comments

• Futfanatic
    12541 posts Has That Special Something
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    I dont understand anyone that says there done with this game but still spends hours trading and on the forums.

You still spend a lot of time doing fifa things, even if you aren't actually playing fifa.

Trading + forums is more fun than playing the game. You should ask EA why that’s the case, not me.
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 19
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I’m still sold up since this thread started. I keep looking at my team and thinking, “where should I improve?” Then I remember there’s no point so I still sit here with an untradbale team. Think I played 5 games last week. Maybe I’ll try a few games this weekend but I’m not improving my team.

Exaxct same as me! I’m doing sbc’s and trading but why I don’t know. Bought Gullit and Vieira last Friday, was really happy and then I remembered I don’t want to play this game and sold them again. 😂

Yeah I’ll doing sbcs and trading. I’ve not got your budget but I did very simular... I bough CR7 and then sold him after 3 games. I have no motivation right now. Just waiting for prices to go down now so I can load up on investments :D

I’m not really a gamer and Fifa is the only game I play in my spare time. I need a new game to fill the void
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    I dont understand anyone that says there done with this game but still spends hours trading and on the forums.

You still spend a lot of time doing fifa things, even if you aren't actually playing fifa.

Trading + forums is more fun than playing the game. You should ask EA why that’s the case, not me.

Trading and forums is still 100% FIFA.

The whole point of trading is to get coins, which you use in FUT.

Please tell me you see the irony
  • xFATAL
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 19

Don't spend "Hours" trading anymore but I still like get on to do SBCs for a few than play something else. As far as taking this game seriously goes, I just can't do that anymore with the awful gameplay and that's what I mean by quitting.
  • DeanoZoff
    xFATAL wrote: »

Don't spend "Hours" trading anymore but I still like get on to do SBCs for a few than play something else. As far as taking this game seriously goes, I just can't do that anymore with the awful gameplay and that's what I mean by quitting.

But there is literally nothing fun about completing sbc is there?

We complete them to get rewards which we then use in our teams.

If you only log in to complete an sbc, what are you getting from it?
  • CharlieC
    6181 posts Big Money Move

Trading is a game within a game. I haven't really enjoyed playing the game at all this year but I did enjoy trading initially. EA then decided they would try and dissuade people from trading by having strange requirements for SBC's or not upgrading cards like Scream for about 6 months, so I lost interest.

As far as visiting the forum goes, I still enjoy hearing what people have to say so playing and coming here aren't mutually exclusive.
  • DeanoZoff
    It just doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever that people are trading and doing sbc's but dont play the game.

You do both of those things to be rewarded in game
  • Futfanatic

Excuse me for not explicitly saying I meant with quitting not actually starting matches and playing fifa football.
  • xFATAL
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    xFATAL wrote: »

But there is literally nothing fun about completing sbc is there?

We complete them to get rewards which we then use in our teams.

If you only log in to complete an sbc, what are you getting from it?

What do I get out of it? More enjoyment than wasting away my weekends playing a broken game and getting upset I got nothing out of rewards. I guess you can say I'm just a fut card collector now with slim hope they eventually make the gameplay fun again so that I can return to playing all aspects of the game. Satisfied now?
  • CharlieC
    6181 posts Big Money Move
    It just doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever that people are trading and doing sbc's but dont play the game.

You do both of those things to be rewarded in game

Not really. Think about people playing the stock market but never taking the money out. You get enjoyment from being right and making profit, even if it is on paper.
  • DeanoZoff
    Maybe rehab will work fellas
  • Darkwing1708
    963 posts Professional
    edited February 19

This guy does everything to get views..He gets paid per view..
  • Romassi13
    46 posts Park Captain
    I really made the step to cash out and quit two weeks ago After reaching my first E3 ever in WL. Since the new Patch it is just no more fun for me. Everytime a krasi video pops up in my YouTube recommendations I know it was the right thing :smile:
  • DeanoZoff

Im doing this for nothing more than clarity if you are talking about me.
  • Darkwing1708
    963 posts Professional
    edited February 19

No not talking bout you m8. Wass about OP
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2967 posts National Call-Up

It's a chatroom. Difficult concept indeed.
  • DeanoZoff

No worries bud...

I was amazed to see him say he was quitting. But hes still on here at 6pm every day announcing new content..

Fair enough about the forums.

But trading and doing sbc's.... i dont think so
  • Jeyj38
    1215 posts Professional
    edited February 19
    Gameplays alright for me. I have decent fun playing games.
    Ended Gold 2 for the second weekend in a row in WL where I usually end Gold 3. Played rivals all night last night. Been raging because I was up and down all night between 1540 and 1597 skill points (1600 to reach div4 lol), but games were fun. Some games are really tight, very fun when your opponent isnt an abuser and from the same level as you.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

No worries bud...

I was amazed to see him say he was quitting. But hes still on here at 6pm every day announcing new content..

Fair enough about the forums.

But trading and doing sbc's.... i dont think so

Well, I can only speak for myself but I logged back on FUT just to complete FB Ibrahimovic back in January and now contemplating to do Rashford. Why? With the glimpse of (false) hope that they'll someday fix this game.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move

I dont. trading is a game to itself...who can make the most coins. It no different to virtual stock picking or fantasy sports.

Communicating here is no different to twitter or any other message/social forum/app.

Playing the game is very different.

• Futfanatic
    edited February 19
    If you read my first post you can clearly understand I am disgruntled with the gameplay, not the ultimate team concept, not the community and not the content.

It is amazing to see how you guys completely ignore that and still attack me for posting on the forum and trading, when I never said I would stop doing that. We don’t have to follow your rules, who the hell are you?

Looks like I’ve finally unlocked the achievement “haters”.

Spread love not hate (Futfanatic, 2019).
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    If you read my first post you can clearly understand I am disgruntled with the gameplay, not the ultimate team concept, not the community and not the content.

It is amazing to see how you guys completely ignore that and still attack me for posting on the forum and trading, when I never said I would stop doing that. We don’t have to follow your rules, who the hell are you?

Welcome to the club :D
  • Futfanatic

Well with you its because its impossible to @ you.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

Well with you its because its impossible to @ you.

Sadly doesn't save me from vacations now and then :joy:
  • Futfanatic wrote: »

Don't hate @Futfanatic, he is Fun!

"Whispered Words of truth" - Deang07

#FreeDeang07
  • CarlF
    524 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 19
    While I still play the game, although nowhere near as much as I used to, I get far more enjoyment from trading than I ever get from actually playing. I made 1.5m from selling HL Sommer cards on a few days ago. That was infinitely more enjoyable than any experience I've had from actual gameplay this year. So I can see where OP is coming from. I play less and less, and trade and do SBC's more and more. The time might come when I stop playing and solely trade. If I find that enjoyable, then I'll keep doing it, and no one has any right to criticise me for doing so. In other words, to answer why people would trade, do SBC'S and go on the forum, but not actually play the game, the answer is because they want to and enjoy doing so. It's no one else's business.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

#FreeDeang07

What happened to Deang07?
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 19
    No matter what we say and what we do, this game is additive. We are all football fans and all we really want is this game to be good.

The fact that some of us have "cashed out" our teams does not mean we have given up hope for the game. We continue to persevere in different ways for different reasons.

It is hard to stop playing a game when you have already put hours, days, weeks and months into it. It is especially harder when it is the only game you really want to play. Wanting to play and then actually playing are completely different things.

We have become unmotivated to play the matches under the current gameplay. The concept of FUT is still good. Trading and completing sbcs still create a buzz. It is a shame.

Personally I continue to stay active in the market because I HOPE it gets better. I will have coins to build a team for that day. Will it happen? Maybe not. But at least I'm enjoying half the game.
  • Futfanatic

#FreeDeang07

😂 cheers you are much fun too.

We miss you dean!