Cashed out and quit

Comments

• Retro_G
    28202 posts Player of the Year
    Companion-2019-02-02-00-31-04.png
  • Kichy
    13 posts Ball Boy
    I am 41 years old, been playing video games on and off since I was 4. Unbelievably, FIFA is the only game where the more I play the worse I get at it.
    I am not exceptional at FIFA, I go for long periods (weeks) when I cannot play; but heck! I finally had a playing record that showed some progress; you know, more wins than losses and beginning to win comfortably with good and fluent passing and gameplay.
    This patch; what a piece of zhit! I kid you not, I have lost each and every friggin' game I have played since its introduction. Every single one! SB, FR, why would I even bother grinding till I can play WL? Given my current situation I don't think I can even get there! In case you wonder, for me, that's about 17 straight losses.
    I am putting my Ligue 1 team aside and trying to start a Premier League team with what pacey players I have. I figured since shooting is so messed up I'll have to get nice and close to the goal to score. Therein lies the problem, I seem to have forgotten how to make a pass, because I can't put two passes together in the final third. Oh, also, I forgot how to defend, cause the AI (an some of my opponents) have a conversion rate of at least 75%.
    FIFA 19 is currently a very poor excuse for a game and a cash cow. Unfortunately, there are people who believe the workaround is to buy more packs and try to get better players, which is exactly what this company wants. Gonna try Pro Evolution, see how it is. It can't be worse than FIFA and I don't care for player likeness and team badges, if the football is good then they have my business.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Im getting better results with the patch.
    But its not all about winning.

Everyone has 2 lines of defenders in their box. You manage to breakthrough you dont have much time to get your shot off and the keeper is insane.

Game has become a chore. Not fun anymore.
  • Dijkstra
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Kichy wrote: »
    I am 41 years old, been playing video games on and off since I was 4. Unbelievably, FIFA is the only game where the more I play the worse I get at it.
    I am not exceptional at FIFA, I go for long periods (weeks) when I cannot play; but heck! I finally had a playing record that showed some progress; you know, more wins than losses and beginning to win comfortably with good and fluent passing and gameplay.
    This patch; what a piece of zhit! I kid you not, I have lost each and every friggin' game I have played since its introduction. Every single one! SB, FR, why would I even bother grinding till I can play WL? Given my current situation I don't think I can even get there! In case you wonder, for me, that's about 17 straight losses.
    I am putting my Ligue 1 team aside and trying to start a Premier League team with what pacey players I have. I figured since shooting is so messed up I'll have to get nice and close to the goal to score. Therein lies the problem, I seem to have forgotten how to make a pass, because I can't put two passes together in the final third. Oh, also, I forgot how to defend, cause the AI (an some of my opponents) have a conversion rate of at least 75%.
    FIFA 19 is currently a very poor excuse for a game and a cash cow. Unfortunately, there are people who believe the workaround is to buy more packs and try to get better players, which is exactly what this company wants. Gonna try Pro Evolution, see how it is. It can't be worse than FIFA and I don't care for player likeness and team badges, if the football is good then they have my business.
    Kichy wrote: »

Understand the pain. SB has all kinds of PTB and gk move freak show, and it gets unbelievably hard to beat the defense line in 50% games at legendary since last week. A line of 6 six players waiting for your pass. Ridiculous.

If planning on leave, don’t forget to sell your players of some value. In case that the balance comes back, and PES is equivalently bad.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13715 posts Has That Special Something
    cba with this anymore, games in a right state.

1. ridiculously overpowered ai defending where the opponent doesn't do anything yet whenever I break through the ai magically catches up to me or blocks every shot from all angles.

2. dpad changes messing up. Change formation at the start of the game using the dpad then later on change an instruction on one of my players. Suddenly I can have best playing cdm and de jong now st, awful how its not been patched after all this time.

3. ai defending when I don't want them to, I have control of a defender and am running with the striker, the opposing striker shoots and even though I was controlling the nearest defender he will randomly slide and foul the striker giving away a pen when I didn't click anything.

4. Definitely been a change to the speed in which stamina drains during games. Before patch if you applied a squad fitness even if the next game went into et they would have have a good amount of energy left to last the match. It was only towards the end of the second game where you noticed the stamina was low. Now if you go into et after the 1st game the bars are low red and the players struggle to run, which just means you are screwed if they bring on quick strikers.
    It used to be after 1 game players were on between 93/94 fitness, now its more like 90/92.

5. Nerfing finesses but leaving ai defending as it was/making people just drop deep and not control defenders. Can be so hard to score now against people who use the ai well,

6. El tornado crosses, 3 out of my 7 opponents today have attempted these several times throughout a game. Most of them are easy to defend but frequently happens where someone like Neymar/messi will soar into the air and outjump Varane/Militao or most cbs. Broken mechanic which ea don't seem bothered about patching

tldr : ranting about what I feel needs patching
  • JayyThunder
    4269 posts Big Money Move
    First game in WL gave up a kick off goal and a cross

I score to get it back to 2-1 dude is LITERALLY playing 4231 0 depth and ultra defensive. The entire team was back in the box, literally. AI defending everywhere AND moving the keeper. It's so dumb lol
  • Dijkstra
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I score to get it back to 2-1 dude is LITERALLY playing 4231 0 depth and ultra defensive. The entire team was back in the box, literally. AI defending everywhere AND moving the keeper. It's so dumb lol

shhhh. Let those grown-ups enjoy the best fifa so far. This is the only right direction.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    I have zero problems with teams wanting to play drop back, 1 depth etc etc, the BIG ISSUE I have is that negative tactics should have negative consequences and it just doesn't.

If you put 9 men behind the ball, when you are spamming the clearance button it shouldn't turn into a through ball. Its a joke.

People talk about teams in real life putting every man behind the ball, this is true but what does that result in 9 times out of 10? A loss BUT NO not in Fifa.

This has always been the problem with PTB in fifa. If people PTB then it should be WAY harder for them to get any chances. And they should have less than 30% possession. It’s just too easy to play like that and still create enough chances to win consistently.
  • Kouli06
    1583 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    A
    Don’t get baited by the childish remarks people, just ignore it.

Genuine question. Did you sell?
    ql80ki59.jpeg

Dang, that card was 6.2 just before TOTY.

Yeah TOTY CR7 really brought it down! I had bought it for 5M ages ago, still quite a loss. It’s the price of having these high-end icons early in the game.

Well none of it matters now, i'm in the same boat; enough coins for a stacked squad yet no desire to participate due to atrocious gameplay. Next patch: 4-6 weeks at best!

I wouldn't hold my breath mate, doubt they will do another gameplay patch.

Don’t say that @Retro_G 😨

I seen in another thread that only 35% of the player base use timed finishing mate. The easy fix to bring back balance would be to increase the accuracy, reliability of perfectly timed green finnese shots. Are they really going to do that though and when only 35% used timed finishing?

I can't see them going near defensive A.I. this late in the game because the balance is difficult to judge and they've been trying for years to find the sweet spot. That leaves one other option, that's improving 1 vs 1 finishing, but with how strong the A.I. is, it's still going to be frustrating to break down park the bus tactics. They never done anymore gameplay patches after this date last year.

They will do more.
    A few days ago someone on the forum was questioning EAandy about the AI defending and why it wasn’t looked at along with the finesse the answer was we have to collect data on this patch before we can look at the next.
  • Futfanatic
    12546 posts Has That Special Something
    @Futfanatic i did the same, i cashed out and uninstalled the game + companion app. Weekend League as well as DR isn't Fun anymore. Gameplay is dead. Parking the bus + ridiculous chance to finish 1 on 1? I haven't been a timed finesse Spammer, always wanted to play football, but at this state of the game FIFA has nothing more to do with the game i loved so many years.

GG EA, you greedy joke of a company!

BTW: how do i delete my account here?

It’s the key sentence, no fun. Game is boring as hell. Don’t leave the forums mate! Only good thing left.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5452 posts Big Money Move

Same as the rivals games I was playing, people sat in their box just running around with a CAM or DM just waiting for the game to make my pass screw up to counter.

After a few games, I couldn't take it anymore, Juan Jesus futswap isn't worth the grind when the game is in this state.
  • Cbn
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The latest patch and another money grab promo. 10 WL games later I deleted my club. They really f.ucked up after Fifa18. Gg all.
  • Agiantfox
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @Futfanatic i did the same, i cashed out and uninstalled the game + companion app. Weekend League as well as DR isn't Fun anymore. Gameplay is dead. Parking the bus + ridiculous chance to finish 1 on 1? I haven't been a timed finesse Spammer, always wanted to play football, but at this state of the game FIFA has nothing more to do with the game i loved so many years.

GG EA, you greedy joke of a company!

BTW: how do i delete my account here?

It’s the key sentence, no fun. Game is boring as hell. Don’t leave the forums mate! Only good thing left.

Well you were right mate after starting playing weekend league had my worse ever start it is near impossible to score against the ptb and ai defending.

Every other team either had cr7 or ibra or ibra was subbed on. Played 3 teams with 5 plus prime icons and I'm currently 3 - 6 my worst ever start. FYI pre patch I went 11-2 and usually finish gold 1.

I lose so many games by 1 goal near post corner header, kick off goal I have up last night I hate this game now been playing since fifa Road to world cup 98 rage sold all my team last night just losing all faith in this game.

I had so much hopes for 19 I was deluded to think fifa 18 WC mode was like what the gameplay was going to be like fast and fun how wrong I was well done EA you have won.
  • Futfanatic
    Cbn wrote: »
    The latest patch and another money grab promo. 10 WL games later I deleted my club. They really f.ucked up after Fifa18. Gg all.

Guys please don’t delete your clubs just like that. Hopefully it gets better...
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    This company is a joke. They make billions and im still waiting for them to return my players after ive been hacked. Im pretty sure they wont even give me back the right ones
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2

Yeah I just sold mine. There’s still a few patches to come... everyone and I mean everyone is taking about ptb now. There is nothing else to talk about. I am trading in the hope one patch, just one, will look at AI defending and then we might have a game. Just forcing people to play on 4-5 bar depth would be a start.

Let’s face it, delay won’t be fixed. It’s more complicated than a patch. They need to start from scratch or purchase new hardware. This may happen in the future but I don’t think it will happen for a few years.
  • Futfanatic

Yeah I just sold mine. There’s still a few patches to come... everyone and I mean everyone is taking about ptb now. There is nothing else to talk about. I am trading in the hope one patch, just one, will look at AI defending and then we might have a game. Just forcing people to play on 4-5 bar depth would be a start.

Let’s face it, delay won’t be fixed. It’s more complicated than a patch. They need to start from scratch or purchase new hardware. This may happen in the future but I don’t think it will happen for a few years.

I hope so too. Normal defense and a bit more consistency in 1v1 and I’d be happy. Though it feels like more has changed than they say.
  • Gooner93
    334 posts Sunday League Hero

I gave up waiting, the games been out for months now. Not played this patch, and after reading on here, i never will.

I'm feeling the best i've felt in a long time, getting this toxic game out of my life.

Worrying about when to buy and sell players, investments, tactics. Checking the app on my phone ect. What a waste of life.

Players play like fire and ice every game, depending on what the AI does. Every week there is a new promo filled with absolute weak rubbish excuses to bring out and devalue your current players. Thought of playing this game literally makes me sick.
  • Ruffy
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2
    Didnt play WL for 2 weeks now and wont play next week because i only have 700/2000. I play 4-5 DR to get gold 3 and either get 32k or untradeable packs. This patch killed any fun left in the game.

Feels great to not play the 11-20 WL to get silver1-gold3 every weekend. More time for actual fun stuff
  • BeastlyHusla
    2726 posts Fans' Favourite
    **** this game, its gotten so much worse. Everybody just lets AI defend.. **** this game
  • deang07
    8064 posts League Winner
    yep awful.
    h8 to say it but i prefer dealing with timed finess than this new breed of loosers ,
    10 men surrounding thier own box like a swarm protecting the queen waiting for a break and counter every game so so boring
  • TFking
    20 posts Ball Boy
    For those finding it difficult after patch. Try switching your CT. current I have depth 8 and players in box at 1 in a 41212 narrow with normal passing. It’s going fine. I’m average g3 so nothing to shout about but just wanna help yous out. Also if you still find passing a struggle after that then switch to possession play
  • TFking
    20 posts Ball Boy
    Sorry. Press after poss loss too***
  • Recoba
    3598 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2
    Speaking of cashing out...

EA Execs Dump Millions Worth of Company Stock Amid Crisis
    https://segmentnext.com/2019/02/01/ea-execs-dump-millions-worth-of-company-stock-amid-crisis/
  • THJ71
    732 posts Semi-Pro
    I really hate what EA have done to Fifa

The EA Lootbox/Pack/Pack Andrew Wilson needs to get his head out of the $$$$$ mode

Hate them with a passion.

The game is just BS randomness and is coded to make money
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    deang07 wrote: »
    yep awful.
    h8 to say it but i prefer dealing with timed finess than this new breed of loosers ,
    10 men surrounding thier own box like a swarm protecting the queen waiting for a break and counter every game so so boring

I’d love to have people spamming timed finesse against me again! I’d hack them down! I only conceded an average of 1 in 3 games before patch. All they had to do with nerf first timed shots
  • deang07
    8064 posts League Winner
    yep awful.

I’d love to have people spamming timed finesse against me again! I’d hack them down! I only conceded an average of 1 in 3 games before patch. All they had to do with nerf first timed shots

as with every patch , 1 fix opens a new can of worms.
  • Wi1son73
    2028 posts Fans' Favourite
    yep awful.

as with every patch , 1 fix opens a new can of worms.

Yup..
    though why can’t they just make a game, the finished product and leave it. How many games do you know has so many patches throughout the bloody year
  • RGib1990
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    AI defending
    Crossing
    Drop back
    Players with 90+ finishing missing 1v1s

Game is a joke now, following suit.
  • Futfanatic
    Gooner93 wrote: »

I gave up waiting, the games been out for months now. Not played this patch, and after reading on here, i never will.

I'm feeling the best i've felt in a long time, getting this toxic game out of my life.

Worrying about when to buy and sell players, investments, tactics. Checking the app on my phone ect. What a waste of life.

Players play like fire and ice every game, depending on what the AI does. Every week there is a new promo filled with absolute weak rubbish excuses to bring out and devalue your current players. Thought of playing this game literally makes me sick.

That does sound pretty good mate, good for you.