Are standard shots now more accurate than timed finishes?

Ze Jay
250 posts Sunday League Hero
edited January 31
So after this update I've noticed timed finishing seems like a waste of time now with them going off target so often even when you're unopposed by any defender inside the 18 yard box.

I decided to play 4 games in division 4, 2 with only using timed finishing and 2 without even trying and just doing the basic shots.

As I had predicted I actually scored more goals without using timed finishing, in the 2 games using timed finishing I scored just 3 goals losing both games 3-1 and 5-2.

The 2 games I played without using timed finishing I ended up scoring 9 goals, winning one 5-3 and drawing the other 4-4.

In the games I used timed finishing I had a far lower shot accuracy compared to the games where I never used it.

I know 4 games isn't alot to go off but I'm leaning towards not using timed finishing anymore and just going back to normal shooting.

Does anybody else feel like timed finishing is now pointless?

Edit: I was unaware that you could turn timed finishing off, I simply wasn't pressing B the second time.
Post edited by Ze Jay on

Comments

• Retro_G
    25861 posts Player of the Year
    Did you turn off timed finishing completely in them two games, or were you just not double tapping?
  • Ze Jay
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Did you turn off timed finishing completely in them two games, or were you just not double tapping?

Just not double tapping, i didn't even know you could turn it off lol
  • Retro_G
    25861 posts Player of the Year
    Ze Jay wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »

Just not double tapping, i didn't even know you could turn it off lol

Fair enough mate