Belgium bans FUT packs

Pooter
1225 posts Professional
Belgium is the first country to ban micro transactions in FIFA 19
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/child-gambling-concerns-prompt-ea-remove-fifa-loot-boxes-belgian/amp/

I think the rest of the world should follow
It follows concerns over children gambling a lot of money

Comments

• BlitzersNL
    24092 posts Club Captain
    Can't wait till they ban Pokemon cards and Yu-Gi-Oh
  • Pooter
    1225 posts Professional
    I know but there are people who don’t know it
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    Pooter wrote: »

Are you sure? 10 posts about this already
  • Pooter
    1225 posts Professional
    jonkero wrote: »

Where?
  • Pooter
    1225 posts Professional
    BlitzersNL wrote: »

They should ban all micro transactions in every game, its not about gaming anymore, rather about buying packs
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1382 posts Professional

They should ban all micro transactions in every game, its not about gaming anymore, rather about buying packs

Double edged sword though no? If you dont buy add ons for said games how would they generate enough money to make a better one next time around 🤔
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 30
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/search?adv=&search=Belgium&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&discussion_poll=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date=
    jonkero wrote: »

Where?

• Pooter
    1225 posts Professional

Double edged sword though no? If you dont buy add ons for said games how would they generate enough money to make a better one next time around 🤔

FIFA 19 is essentially FIFA17/18 just with different shades of cards, hardly bringing anything ‘new’ or better. I think EA have hypnotised you in some way
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner

:joy: :joy: "make a better one"

If we just give them 1.2 billion a year instead of 900 million they will finally make a better game!
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1382 posts Professional

FIFA 19 is essentially FIFA17/18 just with different shades of cards, hardly bringing anything ‘new’ or better. I think EA have hypnotised you in some way
    Clancy wrote: »

If we just give them 1.2 billion a year instead of 900 million they will finally make a better game!

Lol no hypnotizing, just thinking about both sides, granted with the amount the make in base sales minus paying employees/advertising/maintenance their actual profit margin wont be much... one can only hope the next iteration is better than the last 😂
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12846 posts Has That Special Something

Lol no hypnotizing, just thinking about both sides, granted with the amount the make in base sales minus paying employees/advertising/maintenance their actual profit margin wont be much... one can only hope the next iteration is better than the last 😂

I'd do a little light reading online bro....their profit margin is doing quite handsomely
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1382 posts Professional

I'd do a little light reading online bro....their profit margin is doing quite handsomely

Those figures fail to leave out marketing and up keep costs, just a 30 second comercial costs roughly $100k depending on which outlet is used, then the up keep is server maintenance (which i think is lacking but could be worse) as well as employment wages whenever one of these nifty updates come out 😉
  • Alex_cr
    4251 posts National Call-Up

Might want to read a bit further and see where the bulk of their income comes from... I’ll give you one guess.
  • Toshevv
    919 posts Professional
    You guys are soo gullible

Lets say they ban packs everywhere two things will happen

UT- Subscription based 20$ per month for Medium content (50 packs per month ) 40$ for (set ammouth of cards/packs) 99$

Remove UT together
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12846 posts Has That Special Something
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Might want to read a bit further and see where the bulk of their income comes from... I’ll give you one guess.

Oh I know where it comes from...

My bank told me :D
  • Alex_cr
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Oh I know where it comes from...

My bank told me :D

😂😂😂
  • Waldog94
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    They may take my freedom but the will never take my charizard
  • kj08
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you look at last few years of FUT, it's all about making the game more pay to win. EA has pretty much stopped taking feedback until it start hitting the pack sales. So NO, extra doesn't always help a company to make better games and in fact it could completely change their goals like it did.

This is massive news and should happen in each country. Pay to win should not exist in gaming but it does. These steps would at least control it ..a bit. Games have been evolving without all these packs garbage for years. The moment FUT went about pay to win, it stopped getting better pretty much.

In FUT12 you can have a 50K squad and could still easily have a go against 5 mil squad. Your squad didn't always decided the outcome and I'm I would love that back.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1382 posts Professional
    kj08 wrote: »
    If you look at last few years of FUT, it's all about making the game more pay to win. EA has pretty much stopped taking feedback until it start hitting the pack sales. So NO, extra doesn't always help a company to make better games and in fact it could completely change their goals like it did.

This is massive news and should happen in each country. Pay to win should not exist in gaming but it does. These steps would at least control it ..a bit. Games have been evolving without all these packs garbage for years. The moment FUT went about pay to win, it stopped getting better pretty much.

In FUT12 you can have a 50K squad and could still easily have a go against 5 mil squad. Your squad didn't always decided the outcome and I'm I would love that back.

All i know is if i see division 3 or 4 players keeping up with the top division 1 players (by this i mean the cards not the gamers themselves) then id be preeetyyy annoyed. Better players should outperform the weaker
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up

U would think that would be true somehow even though fifa makes record profits every year the game slowly declines with each instalment
  • Mrhey31
    1191 posts Professional
    Toshevv wrote: »

UT- Subscription based 20$ per month for Medium content (50 packs per month ) 40$ for (set ammouth of cards/packs) 99$

Remove UT together

No way that would happen. They will keep going the same way but you will be able to buy cards, TOTW 10$ Messi or Ronaldo 80$.
  • Pooter
    1225 posts Professional

Remove UT together

If they were going to have FUT as a subscription base, I definetly will stop buying FIFA as a whole

I remember when they didn’t have FUT, the game itself was cheaper
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 30

Remove UT together

yep, that will be the day i quit all together and dont even buy the regular copy. if ea just improved packweights, people would actually enjoy fifa and gladly spend even more money... but now there starting to get banned because kids are crying after spending mommys credit cards while packing discards. LUL
  • SanderFC
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 30
    BELGIUM BANS FUT PACKS
    Belgium is the first country to ban micro transactions in FIFA 19

Have you actually read an article about what happened?
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    575 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FP are going to disappear. And that's good news :smile:

• RealHammer
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa Points will disappear. But then they will either sell cards or sell coins.

How much you can afford to spend on the coins will again determine your players.

There is more ways for them to make money than just packs.

Coins will be there new way.

P2W
  • Nazgul
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    They may take my freedom but the will never take my charizard

Definitely worthy of a re-quote, well played Sir!
  • Pooter
    1225 posts Professional

Those figures fail to leave out marketing and up keep costs, just a 30 second comercial costs roughly $100k depending on which outlet is used, then the up keep is server maintenance (which i think is lacking but could be worse) as well as employment wages whenever one of these nifty updates come out 😉

Marketing costs is nothing in what they earn from FIFA points, a mere drop in the ocean. Would you spend a lot on marketing if you have such a big sale of the game per year already? Plus you have your friends of friends doing the marketing for them