New META - Use 88 Maldini (LB) - OP Crossing/Header Killer

LordJameslondon
158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited January 31
Disclaimer: I don't have a 100 Maldinis for sale, I don't trade; I'm more of a "spend money on FPs kind of guy".

Anyway, after the new patch, I played around 15 games yesterday and nearly stopped playing altogether because of the new Crossing/El Tornado tactic followed by backpost headed goals by Ronaldo, Kane, Mandzukic and Co.

As a last resort, I researched tall LBs/RBs and came across 6' 1" 88 Maldini; I slapped a "Sentinel" Chem on him and, By God, he is a Giant-killer! He has stopped all the backpost crosses and totally negates the giant strikers with power headers.

Generally, players seem to have a preference to cross from one-side, so, I move Maldini in-game to RB, if required.

TLDR: Get 88 Maldini (LB) (v.cheap icon ca. 600k) and nuke the new OP Meta Crossing/El Tornado > headers!
Post edited by LordJameslondon on

Comments

• hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    88 maldini is really good at cb too. totally underrated card.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah, people will soon start understanding that fullbacks that are taller than 6ft are vital for this new meta coming soon
  • colm96
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    My 6'2 marcos alonso and 6'2 danny da costa do the job for me :)
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    the trouble is there are not many 6 foot plus fairly fast LB`s who can defend, that we can afford
    eg Scream Mings?
  • LordJameslondon
    colm96 wrote: »

Marcos is too slow, haven't tried da costs but his defence stats don't look that good.
  • LordJameslondon
    I just detest conceding goals via crosses; didn't mind 1st time finesses because I knew how to negate them. The game is so bloody annoying, nerf the damned crosses so that I don't need to move Maldini around. I just conceded a stupid cross/goal with a Bale header; I swapped Maldini to RB , the guy goes the other way and my SIF Sandro just stood still and watched with admiration as bale jumped next to him and scored!
  • bigpokey24
    4792 posts Big Money Move
    go and play the game and have fun, instead of looking for cheap goals... my goodness
  • Zv1k0
    5873 posts Big Money Move

Marcos is too slow, haven't tried da costs but his defence stats don't look that good.

RTTF Alonso is great. It's not all about pace this year.
  • LordJameslondon
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    go and play the game and have fun, instead of looking for cheap goals... my goodness

Ehmmm...I'm trying to negate cheap goals; a common goal now is a no-look cross from some stupid angle by a stupid winger and the stupid striker jumps scores while the LB/CB just watches like a spectator.
  • LordJameslondon
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

RTTF Alonso is great. It's not all about pace this year.

Someone needs to pass this info to the FFS and other OP 96-99 pace wingers shooting past via through balls.
  • Zv1k0
    5873 posts Big Money Move
    Just saying. He works for me.
  • LordJameslondon
    the trouble is there are not many 6 foot plus fairly fast LB`s who can defend, that we can afford
    eg Scream Mings?

Unfortunately, Ming's heading stats are poor
  • LordJameslondon
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Just saying. He works for me.

Ok...btw Xbox servers are down now, so, no cheap goals for now.
  • nextqprmanager
    edited January 30
    eg Scream Mings?

yeah so is his defending stats !, hence he`s 20k
    im thinking of getting Bandowski !
  • Dutch3723
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    eg Scream Mings?

Yes but just wait until they boost the scream cards.... oh wait...
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    FS Mendy ..5 10 87 jumping.
  • LordJameslondon
    eg Scream Mings?

yeah so is his defending stats !, hence he`s 20k
    im thinking of getting Bandowski !

lol
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everyone’s on this crossing is op bandwagon. Scoring 1 or 2 out of 10 crosses isn’t op. On release it was 5-7 out of 10 crosses that went in.
  • Tommygunn
    3139 posts National Call-Up
    Rttf Alonso and rttf Aurier are prefect for me
  • JPRM71
    2317 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scream Mings with a sentinel is the 20k solution
  • Only1United
    1405 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ibra says hi and laughs.
  • DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain
    edited January 30
    kayron16 wrote: »
    Everyone’s on this crossing is op bandwagon. Scoring 1 or 2 out of 10 crosses isn’t op. On release it was 5-7 out of 10 crosses that went in.

Maybe, but almost everyone I play now tries crosses; before, it was not that common. I’m going to try Maldini; I’m fed up of morons scoring these goals and celebrating like they did something magnificent... going to have to reorganise my team.
  • LordJameslondon
    Ibra says hi and laughs.

https://www.gettyimages.dk/detail/news-photo/october-2005-zlatan-ibrahimovic-of-juventus-and-paolo-news-photo/672935298

At one point, Ibra introduced his thigh to Maldini and the latter returns the favour with his elbow.
  • LordJameslondon
    I came up against an Ibra RCAM target man and Maldini took him apart....All hail the legend! To rub salt into his wounds, I did an el tornado cross and scored with my Prime Ronaldinho.
  • Only1United
    1405 posts Play-Off Hero
    I came up against an Ibra RCAM target man and Maldini took him apart....All hail the legend! To rub salt into his wounds, I did an el tornado cross and scored with my Prime Ronaldinho.

No one takes Ibra apart, your opponent must have been poor
  • LordJameslondon

No one takes Ibra apart, your opponent must have been poor

Div 1 mate....

btw tell that to this gentleman: https://sbisoccer.com/2011/11/ibrahimovic-reveals-onyewu-broke-his-rib-during-ac-milan-altercation

Ibra is grossly overrated, pressure him with fast fullbacks and he is done; his heading is nerfed by Maldini, time to quick sell him :)
  • DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain
    88 Maldini is legit, works brilliantly against cross spammers. For anyone who is new to game, press down and hold the 0 or B to clear properly, don’t spam it, the latter doesn’t work properly.
  • nextqprmanager
    88 Maldini is legit, works brilliantly against cross spammers. For anyone who is new to game, press down and hold the 0 or B to clear properly, don’t spam it, the latter doesn’t work properly.

hold down circle on ps4?
  • DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain

hold down circle on ps4?

Yes

• shepj6
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dani Alves and mid Roberto Carlos still doing a fine job for me (on PC so playing new patch for over week). Guess it does help that Carlos can jump higher than a kangaroo.