Didn't enjoy the new patch

JRM1984
103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Played 3 games last night, didn't enjoy the latest version of gameplay. Seems like as players are no longer scared of the long finesse shots they are now happy to throw 11 players behind the ball and play on the counter, found it really hard to score as AI defending is so strong.

Comments

• What division are u in?
  • Raider
    2841 posts Fans' Favourite
    then perhaps you should consider your understanding of modern day football, most teams now defend with 10-11 players and attack with 10 players pushing high up and strikers being the first 'defenders' pressing the ops defenders, at least its realistic now, last night i played vs 442 with fbs overlap, and ptb didnt work so i had to switch to my offense which also happens to be 442 fbs overlap, game ended with 4-4 score, the defensive AI cant do **** when being overrun, sure it was countering oppositions counters but if you watch liverpools games, thats pretty much it
  • Safehands84
    2708 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 30
    Raider wrote: »
    then perhaps you should consider your understanding of modern day football, most teams now defend with 10-11 players and attack with 10 players pushing high up and strikers being the first 'defenders' pressing the ops defenders, at least its realistic now, last night i played vs 442 with fbs overlap, and ptb didnt work so i had to switch to my offense which also happens to be 442 fbs overlap, game ended with 4-4 score, the defensive AI cant do **** when being overrun, sure it was countering oppositions counters but if you watch liverpools games, thats pretty much it

Agreed I play 4411 both full back s to get forward but had both cms to stay back to protect against the timed finesse . Changed now and instruct one to get forward. Played two games last night winning one and drawing the other and they were my most enjoyable games this year both games against guys trying to play football, no abusing , no silly celebations, no replays. When the game like this it is very enjoyable
  • JRM1984
    What division are u in?

I'm now way down to division 6, used to be 4 a month or two ago... play most evenings. My wins vs losses is about even, trying everything I can to improve though.

A valid point, i'm currently playing 4-3-3 the one with 2 CDMs and set wingers to drop back to help defend... I might try 4-2-2-2 with the far post crosses and see how I get on.

• Raider
    edited January 30
    JRM1984 wrote: »
    What division are u in?

I'm now way down to division 6, used to be 4 a month or two ago... play most evenings. My wins vs losses is about even, trying everything I can to improve though.

A valid point, i'm currently playing 4-3-3 the one with 2 CDMs and set wingers to drop back to help defend... I might try 4-2-2-2 with the far post crosses and see how I get on.

pretty defensive setup there, I find the 433 3 not good enough in attack, the gaps between players is too big for my liking hence I play 4231 narrow/wide and 442 recently which is great against 41212 which a lot of people use after the patch

oh and btw, in couple last fifas attack is the best defence, I used to play pretty defensively but realized that even irl being ptb levante vs barca will give me 1 win out of 10 games, and i wont be satisfied with that so gotta find the balance thats why i recently started testing different formations (as above) all on balanced with literally just one change which is stay back on one of the cdms/cms and surprisingly if im not being reckless with the LB it works wonders and im not too opened for counters
  • JRM1984
    What division are u in?

pretty defensive setup there, I find the 433 3 not good enough in attack, the gaps between players is too big for my liking hence I play 4231 narrow/wide and 442 recently which is great against 41212 which a lot of people use after the patch

oh and btw, in couple last fifas attack is the best defence, I used to play pretty defensively but realized that even irl being ptb levante vs barca will give me 1 win out of 10 games, and i wont be satisfied with that so gotta find the balance thats why i recently started testing different formations (as above) all on balanced with literally just one change which is stay back on one of the cdms/cms and surprisingly if im not being reckless with the LB it works wonders and im not too opened for counters

I switched from 4231 wide after a bad run of results :D I haven't played with 2 strikers for a long time so i'll give the 4222 a proper run and see how I get on. I think i'm a bit too reckless with the LB as I literally spam it while in possession.
  • Futfanatic
    9631 posts League Winner
    I am now trying to cross the ball into the goal with L2 + square, does some sort of lobbed cross that goes in sometimes. Normal shooting doesn’t work anymore.
  • bigpokey24
    4730 posts Big Money Move
    Played 3 games last night, didn't enjoy the latest version of gameplay. Seems like as players are no longer scared of the long finesse shots they are now happy to throw 11 players behind the ball and play on the counter, found it really hard to score as AI defending is so strong.

Try a new formation
  • Raider
    edited January 30
    many people keep using stay back for the full backs because youtubers do so, however not many people can be as good in attack as them AND they dont realize you can use attacking FBs on the dpad which overrides the stay back in CTs which is great as you can have them stay back and attack when ever you like. and fbs can be gamechangers quite often
  • Safehands84
    many people keep using stay back for the full backs because youtubers do so, however not many people can be as good in attack as them AND they dont realize you can use attacking FBs on the dpad which overrides the stay back in CTs which is great as you can have them stay back and attack when ever you like. and fbs can be gamechangers quite often

I did not know this, cheers for the tip. Like I say I have them on always attack so do get countered especially against 433(4) which is 2nd most common formation I play after 4231. Might give it a go
  • Raider

I did not know this, cheers for the tip. Like I say I have them on always attack so do get countered especially against 433(4) which is 2nd most common formation I play after 4231. Might give it a go

yeah, thats why i have them on stay back mostly and ovverride with dpad, often the op will think we're using fbs on attack so he will attack more recklesly on the wings, so then you switch it off and counter him ;)
  • JRM1984

Appreciate the advice, I do have my fullbacks on stay back as it seems to prevent a lot of counter attacks, the question is weather it is also costing me a lot of goals going forward. I will have a rethink over my tactics - do people find 'balanced' or 'join the attack' most effective?
  • Safehands84

Appreciate the advice, I do have my fullbacks on stay back as it seems to prevent a lot of counter attacks, the question is weather it is also costing me a lot of goals going forward. I will have a rethink over my tactics - do people find 'balanced' or 'join the attack' most effective?

If you have them on attack they do really get forward, i find this most effective if you have 2cdms to offer protection. I comfortable defending as I play cdm pro clubs in d1 so I’ll happy defend 2 at the back. Try both see what you think you have so many options going forward but you will concede, it’s risk and reward. Being honest I play for fun I’m only d5 I rarely play WL. Against better players it’s a recipe for disaster
  • Retro_G
    25347 posts Player of the Year
    I like certain aspects of the patch, but they went too far with perfectly timed green finnese. Yellow, Red, first time finesse shots going in was cheap, they needed a nerf, but scoring the majority of perfectly timed green finnese shots with the correct body posture felt rewarding. When i hit green now, I've no control over the outcome, feels predetermined and random.
  • JRM1984

If you have them on attack they do really get forward, i find this most effective if you have 2cdms to offer protection. I comfortable defending as I play cdm pro clubs in d1 so I’ll happy defend 2 at the back. Try both see what you think you have so many options going forward but you will concede, it’s risk and reward. Being honest I play for fun I’m only d5 I rarely play WL. Against better players it’s a recipe for disaster

I'll give balanced a try first, thanks for the advice :)
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I like certain aspects of the patch, but they went too far with perfectly timed green finnese. Yellow, Red, first time finesse shots going in was cheap, they needed a nerf, but scoring the majority of perfectly timed green finnese shots with the correct body posture felt rewarding. When i hit green now, I've no control over the outcome, feels predetermined and random.

That was my first thoughts as well when playing the new patch, i'm glad they nerfed the timed finesse but it's almost like they did so a bit too much as now it seems hard to score them at all - at least it used to be an option when your opponent just sits back.