For those that solely AI defend

Alex_cr
4811 posts National Call-Up
As infuriating as I find it I have a weird sort of respect for it.

I mean, how do you have the patience to literally do nothing for vast quantities of a game apart from that weird backwards forwards shuffle with your midfielder.

I swear some players if they went 1-0 up in the first minute would happily not have the ball again if it meant getting the W. I commend you.

I’d never be one to tell someone how to play a game but surely it must be seriously boring.

Comments

• Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    edited January 30
    This. I always wonder how can someone play without ball for 90 mins, waiting for one lucky counter attack. It’s like watching mourinho team playing all day long. This guys deserve a medal, medal for being most annoying trash.
  • Grantee
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Respect their patience?

Its all they can do. They don’t have any other option.
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    Grantee wrote: »
    Respect their patience?

Have some respect for low skill trash players LOL
  • Grantee
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Antiseen wrote: »
    Respect their patience?

I have more respect for players i beat 8-0 than holding a 1-0 lead for 90mins.
  • Safk001
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    Respect their patience?

I use AI defending and manual, AI is okay against average players like me (div 5, gold 2) but as soon as you meet a good player they just know how to beat the AI with ease and forces me to use manual defending otherwise it will be a goal fest for them. I much prefer using AI over manual.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    I want complete manual defending.
    11 joysticks controlling each individual player thanks
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    @Latanaka Your prediction here too!!!
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    This is not how it works. You guys make it sound like it's all black&white. Relying on AI is imperative for success, even for Pros. The key to solid defending is to know when to intervene and compensate for AIs flaws.

Deviating from that and promulgating full manual defending is asinine.
  • dabeags
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love me some AI defenders. Literally no resistance in getting it out wide and banging crosses to Ibra and Pogba.
  • This is not how it works. You guys make it sound like it's all black&white. Relying on AI is imperative for success, even for Pros. The key to solid defending is to know when to intervene and compensate for AIs flaws.

Yea exactly this. If you play full AI you get brutalised by someone who knows how to beat the AI.

I play quite a lot of squad battles, cause I find it relaxing. So when I do play online and come up against someone relying on AI to defend... Mate you about to enter a world of hurt.
  • Alex_cr
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    @Latanaka Your prediction here too!!!

If you’re talking about the new patch then no mate. This has been going on for 3 FIFA’s. Just happened to play an expert at the dark arts last night 😂
  • Alex_cr
    This is not how it works. You guys make it sound like it's all black&white. Relying on AI is imperative for success, even for Pros. The key to solid defending is to know when to intervene and compensate for AIs flaws.

Oh I’m fully aware that I have to use the AI. But there’s a difference betweeen using it and not engaging in the game.

Anyway. Some are acting like this is a hate thread. It really isn’t. I’m genuinely impressed that people can do it. Far be it for me to tell anyone how to play a game.
  • mindm4ster
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    Respect their patience?

problem is good players do that as well- it's basically an exploit

just running around with Kante,Matuidi/ Fabinho and letting whole back 4 to AI

this game is broken
  • JURITO1000
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    some guys doesnt touch 90 minutes their 4 backs so i dont understand why they are playing this game ,they could just switch on Champions chanel and watch the game
  • CharlieC
    6193 posts Big Money Move
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    Respect their patience?

problem is good players do that as well- it's basically an exploit

just running around with Kante,Matuidi/ Fabinho and letting whole back 4 to AI

this game is broken

95% of the game is determined by AI, so I guess the answer is to have a consistent AI response in all games. Sometimes AI feels OP and others it feels like it's asleep. whether this is done to reflect real life, I don't know but its the most frustrating thing in the game after the terrible servers.