Fifa Points aren’t available anymore in Belgium

Comments

• MikeyP_FC
    14665 posts Has That Special Something
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    I’m bored of going round and round now. My opinion
    Is it addictive? Yes it can be
    Is it gambling? Personally no

Comparing to different things, it’s not exactly the same as anything and I was trying to show different aspects but clearly people (not @Keano ) were diving on the wrong understanding. I’m not on this forum to argue. If the regulators find it as gambling or not. That’s on them, not on if me and @Mic2904 agree that it is on a forum.

I just hope they don’t ban it across Europe or the world etc. Snowflake generation can never be to blame for their own actions anymore

Absolutely agree with that last sentence.

:# Absolute cringe
  • Gabbalala
    8633 posts League Winner
    What makes it ‘Belgium’? Xbox store or Xbox location? I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a way around it for Belgians.
  • Kieran1903
    8026 posts League Winner
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    What makes it ‘Belgium’? Xbox store or Xbox location? I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a way around it for Belgians.

There will be. I remember people previously using VPN software somehow to get discounted fifa points as it was much cheaper in Argentina.
  • Blarix
    20869 posts Club Captain
    Duncan1972 wrote: »
    Blarix wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    They will just make us pay to play fut probably

Most likely a set dlc.

If you want a team containing icons pay around 500-1k. I don't think we have to worry about this for few years ea lawyers will drag it out as long as possible .

Few years? The EA Lawyers didnt drag it out in Belgium beyond 9-10 months.

Belgium is a small market compared to UK/US bet they'll drag it out if it comes to those two.
  • DutyHarry
    7653 posts League Winner
    Baker wrote: »
    Surely it isnt gambling because, you buy a pack and you’re guaranteed to walk away with players, however if you spin on the roulette or blackjack there is no guarantee that you’ll get anything?

The house always wins.
  • DutyHarry
    7653 posts League Winner
    “ The impact of this change to FIFA Ultimate Team in Belgium is not material to our financial performance”

:D

"We keep it cool but we sh... our pants already"
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    DutyHarry wrote: »
    Surely it isnt gambling because, you buy a pack and you’re guaranteed to walk away with players, however if you spin on the roulette or blackjack there is no guarantee that you’ll get anything?

The house always wins.

you can get a bet in the bookies that gives you money back when you lose (sometimes)

it's still gambling

it's real simple, when you know 100% what specific item you are getting it's a purchase. When the outcome is uncertain in terms of either product or value of product then it's gambling
  • Absting159
    8024 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    @YOLOT0URE

I’m curious of how you would defend this comparison.

Scratch offs: you are paying for a chance to win money. If you win nothing you ultimately paid for a piece of paper that holds minimal value. Technically for the argument, you could save them all and recycle them to get some salvageable value.

Fifa: you are paying for a chance to pack high rated players. If you pack nothing value you are left with cards that hold minimal value. You can save them and “recycle” them for their discard value or use in SBCs - aka the salvageable value.

Aren’t both of those the same type of scenarios? You said that when I buy a pack I get 30 rare cards so I’m getting what I paid for, therefore it’s not gambling.

...well isn’t that just like buying s £20 scratch off vs a £1 scratch off? Bigger chance for bigger rewards? But ultimately you could be left with only the “salvagable value” in both cases.
  • DutyHarry
    7653 posts League Winner
    Tof33z wrote: »
    DutyHarry wrote: »

The house always wins.

you can get a bet in the bookies that gives you money back when you lose (sometimes)

it's still gambling

it's real simple, when you know 100% what specific item you are getting it's a purchase. When the outcome is uncertain in terms of either product or value of product then it's gambling

OFC it's gambling. ;)
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    “ The impact of this change to FIFA Ultimate Team in Belgium is not material to our financial performance”

:D

It won’t be. If the UK follows then ❤️❤️❤️❤️ will hit the fan.

It will make the game worse though, not better. Be careful what you wish for.
  • Yoshi
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    Crazy how so many people want them to remove FP, if they remove it, the profits of EA will die. YAY! In theory, F EA I hope they don't get money but in actuality, this will kill FUT. Who knows what drastic measures they will do to FUT to keep it alive. They legit might take the transfer market away or even go the buy a player right which some of you are discussing.

This is all happening because some people can't stop themselves from opening packs. Yes I understand the predatory actions by EA by preying on kids because this game is very addictive and attractive to kids but a kid shouldn't have the funds to splurge on FP and that seems like a parental issue. As for the adults in here complaining about FP, that again seems like a self control issue in which you want instant gratification.

I understand its a game but literally nothing in life is free. If you want coins, learn how to trade. If you want coins, learn how to be a elite player. If you want instant coins, understand that you are opening packs with your own money and that you may not get exactly what you wanted(The risk of wanting instant gratification instead of grinding).

Personally I don't spend FP and I understand some that either cba with trading or aren't very good at the game so rewards aren't an option. I'm just saying that some of you that believe there will be a utopia if Fifa points aren't a thing anymore are in for a rude awakening. I don't know what FUT will become if it comes to that, but I do know that it will not be the game we all at one point enjoyed.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Yoshi wrote: »
    Crazy how so many people want them to remove FP, if they remove it, the profits of EA will die. YAY! In theory, F EA I hope they don't get money but in actuality, this will kill FUT. Who knows what drastic measures they will do to FUT to keep it alive. They legit might take the transfer market away or even go the buy a player right which some of you are discussing.

This is all happening because some people can't stop themselves from opening packs. Yes I understand the predatory actions by EA by preying on kids because this game is very addictive and attractive to kids but a kid shouldn't have the funds to splurge on FP and that seems like a parental issue. As for the adults in here complaining about FP, that again seems like a self control issue in which you want instant gratification.

I understand its a game but literally nothing in life is free. If you want coins, learn how to trade. If you want coins, learn how to be a elite player. If you want instant coins, understand that you are opening packs with your own money and that you may not get exactly what you wanted(The risk of wanting instant gratification instead of grinding).

Personally I don't spend FP and I understand some that either cba with trading or aren't very good at the game so rewards aren't an option. I'm just saying that some of you that believe there will be a utopia if Fifa points aren't a thing anymore are in for a rude awakening. I don't know what FUT will become if it comes to that, but I do know that it will not be the game we all at one point enjoyed.

Man like @Yoshi
  • Agent Murhawk
    9295 posts League Winner
    I think you guys would hate FUT even more if they go the NBA 2K route and just remove the transfer market and the only way to get players is through buying packs with coins.

You guys would be the first ones to ask for fifa points back.
  • Ian_Ando08
    14500 posts Has That Special Something
    Go full untradeable no market you only use what you pack.😂 Be good to see some of the P2W guys struggle so hard
  • ORANGEeffect05
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Go full untradeable no market you only use what you pack.😂 Be good to see some of the P2W guys struggle so hard

Then i never get to use my dear ADP :cry:
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019

no reason they can't include named player packs that you save coins/rewards for

the best bit of fifa is starting from nothing this would make that season long
  • Yoshi
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    I think you guys would hate FUT even more if they go the NBA 2K route and just remove the transfer market and the only way to get players is through buying packs with coins.

You guys would be the first ones to ask for fifa points back.

I don't think most know what they are actually asking for :joy: If there are no big FP spenders, there are no cards on the market. No trading, no buying packs with FP, just nonsense
  • Hibee
    12538 posts Has That Special Something
    The whole concept of UT is to get people addicted with the goal of spending real money. I'm amazed that some don't realise this. FUT is incredibly unhealthy. The amount of money that some people spend on it is bonkers (whether they can afford it or not). For a game that lasts a year before you start again.
  • alex1987
    5906 posts Big Money Move
    Blarix wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Epic did this to their predatory lootbox system
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47028992

They are trend setters . Fantastic company imo.

Yes - but how would this work for FIFA though?

I mean, you could show the contents for example:
    12 players of which 1 90 rated, 2 88 rated 3 86 rated etc. But there is still a lot of value difference at the same rated players.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »

Comparing to different things, it’s not exactly the same as anything and I was trying to show different aspects but clearly people (not @Keano ) were diving on the wrong understanding. I’m not on this forum to argue. If the regulators find it as gambling or not. That’s on them, not on if me and @Mic2904 agree that it is on a forum.

I just hope they don’t ban it across Europe or the world etc. Snowflake generation can never be to blame for their own actions anymore

The only thing cringeworthy is your reply.

He’s right, there is a generation of entitled people who won’t accept accountability for their actions.
  • iitalic
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero

Don't worry nobody will get to use ADP. I'm guessing all icons will be gone if fifa points get banned along with all promos.

People on here celebrating this don't realize how fast this game with no market, packs etc
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4153 posts National Call-Up
    if there was a new system and you could buy messi and ronaldo from the store

how much would you expect to pay for these two players and would you buy them even if the price is crazy ??
  • Burninman
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Maybe this will be the return of video games that are based on playing the game to earn achievements, rather than for the purpose of making investors richer and richer. Best case scenario they lose their licenses, and their monopoly, more game developers take on the soccer market, and we in turn get to benefit from new creative, better programmed futbol games.. one can dream
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    if there was a new system and you could buy messi and ronaldo from the store

how much would you expect to pay for these two players and would you buy them even if the price is crazy ??

Probably £1,000 for prime R9 :lol:
  • MikeyP_FC

He’s right, there is a generation of entitled people who won’t accept accountability for their actions.

Source? @Knowlesdinho
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

Source? @Knowlesdinho

Everyone under 25 that posts on Twitter.
  • MikeyP_FC

Source? @Knowlesdinho

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that seems like a generalization
  • ORANGEeffect05

Source? @Knowlesdinho

You people are always claiming generalizations
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    edited January 2019

Source? @Knowlesdinho

A grotesque overgeneralization :joy: