Fifa Points aren’t available anymore in Belgium

Comments

  • Cantona84
    7844 posts League Winner
    Blarix wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    This is not a good thing for the market and players being available.

    Someone how to buy packs.

    They'll just change it coins . Instead of points now you can buy coins and open packs with it. The supply of players will dwindle rapidly though .

    Inflation one the limited players might be stupid high . Nothing will change until u.k/u.s do the same though.

    Same thing. It’s the opening of packs that is gambling. They need to rework the whole mode.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....

    it's gambling, they may wrap it up nicely & put a ribbon around it to make it look like it's not, but it is gambling, so really it shouldn't even be allowed unless it's confirmed each user is of legal age.

    Here we go again...it’s not gambling. You literally are given exactly what you are told to be. No mention of coin return possibilities.

    Buying a packet of biscuits gambling by your logic. You are getting what you paid for but they could be smashed! Or they could be 2mm smaller than inside another pack. Ban them!
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    “we include pack probabilities in our games for the transparency players want to make informed content choices.”

    Nearly had to take a drink so I could spit it out laughing when I read this! :joy:
  • Kizler
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    Maybe get rid of the transfer market as well? :#
  • Tsarov
    9863 posts League Winner
    It is only beginning. Legal issues will spread amongst EU countries very fast.
  • Blarix
    20869 posts Club Captain
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....

    it's gambling, they may wrap it up nicely & put a ribbon around it to make it look like it's not, but it is gambling, so really it shouldn't even be allowed unless it's confirmed each user is of legal age.

    Here we go again...it’s not gambling. You literally are given exactly what you are told to be. No mention of coin return possibilities.

    Buying a packet of biscuits gambling by your logic. You are getting what you paid for but they could be smashed! Or they could be 2mm smaller than inside another pack. Ban them!

    It preys on addictive personalities . They have all the exact same tactics as gambling. Flashy pack opening , dopamine rush when you finally pull a player etc are exact same side effects as gambling .

    Just because they say what content your getting in the pack doesn't mean you aren't still gambling. You gambling to pull that cr7 or messi let's be honest. No one opens a pack with money and says I want 3 gold rare items.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    If the UK do it, it'll hit them big time.
  • alex1987
    5906 posts Big Money Move
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Time for DLC's

    Here's your 50 pund game.
    Oh you want to play Ultimate Team? That will be another 30 pounds please.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    “we include pack probabilities in our games for the transparency players want to make informed content choices.”

    Nearly had to take a drink so I could spit it out laughing when I read this! :joy:

    On their big packs, "less than 1%" Is what they show. That is still even hiding how bad the odds really are.

  • Tsarov
    9863 posts League Winner
    “we include pack probabilities in our games for the transparency players want to make informed content choices.”

    Nearly had to take a drink so I could spit it out laughing when I read this! :joy:

    This is really funny company. But we had a correspondence with Polish Ministry of Finance. They have a very harsh tax policy not only related to VAT, but also CIT. However they respond that transactions like a purchase of FIFA Points are a not a big deal because we should compare them to... Kinder Surprise. This is a literal reply from the Ministry of Finance, which we received. However it won’t stop here. Next round is ahead of us. Belgium case will be extremely helpful.
  • Keano
    20239 posts Club Captain
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....

    it's gambling, they may wrap it up nicely & put a ribbon around it to make it look like it's not, but it is gambling, so really it shouldn't even be allowed unless it's confirmed each user is of legal age.

    Here we go again...it’s not gambling. You literally are given exactly what you are told to be. No mention of coin return possibilities.

    Buying a packet of biscuits gambling by your logic. You are getting what you paid for but they could be smashed! Or they could be 2mm smaller than inside another pack. Ban them!

    You put money in for a chance at something...


    That is gambling.

    gambling definition;

    Playing games for chance of money - opening packs for chance of Messi... same thing.

    Taking a risky action in hopes of a desire result - Opening packs in hopes of packing TOTY

    Please stop the nonsense saying it's not gambling, it is & saying it isn't is part of the problem, you put money in & don't know what you're getting back (so it's a risk... which means it's gambling).


    State of people talking about a topic they don't even know the meaning of... :D
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....

    it's gambling, they may wrap it up nicely & put a ribbon around it to make it look like it's not, but it is gambling, so really it shouldn't even be allowed unless it's confirmed each user is of legal age.

    Here we go again...it’s not gambling. You literally are given exactly what you are told to be. No mention of coin return possibilities.

    Buying a packet of biscuits gambling by your logic. You are getting what you paid for but they could be smashed! Or they could be 2mm smaller than inside another pack. Ban them!

    When I buy biscuits, I take the risk that when I go to the cupboard, my wife has eaten them all! I’d say that’s a gamble.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....

    it's gambling, they may wrap it up nicely & put a ribbon around it to make it look like it's not, but it is gambling, so really it shouldn't even be allowed unless it's confirmed each user is of legal age.

    Here we go again...it’s not gambling. You literally are given exactly what you are told to be. No mention of coin return possibilities.

    Buying a packet of biscuits gambling by your logic. You are getting what you paid for but they could be smashed! Or they could be 2mm smaller than inside another pack. Ban them!

    You put money in for a chance at something...


    That is gambling.

    gambling definition;

    Playing games for chance of money - opening packs for chance of Messi... same thing.

    Taking a risky action in hopes of a desire result - Opening packs in hopes of packing TOTY

    Please stop the nonsense saying it's not gambling, it is & saying it isn't is part of the problem, you put money in & don't know what you're getting back (so it's a risk... which means it's gambling).


    State of people talking about a topic they don't even know the meaning of... :D

    Irony bombs everywhere. It’s still not gambling.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....

    it's gambling, they may wrap it up nicely & put a ribbon around it to make it look like it's not, but it is gambling, so really it shouldn't even be allowed unless it's confirmed each user is of legal age.

    Here we go again...it’s not gambling. You literally are given exactly what you are told to be. No mention of coin return possibilities.

    Buying a packet of biscuits gambling by your logic. You are getting what you paid for but they could be smashed! Or they could be 2mm smaller than inside another pack. Ban them!

    You put money in for a chance at something...


    That is gambling.

    gambling definition;

    Playing games for chance of money - opening packs for chance of Messi... same thing.

    Taking a risky action in hopes of a desire result - Opening packs in hopes of packing TOTY

    Please stop the nonsense saying it's not gambling, it is & saying it isn't is part of the problem, you put money in & don't know what you're getting back (so it's a risk... which means it's gambling).


    State of people talking about a topic they don't even know the meaning of... :D

    So Pokemon cards were gambling too right? Football stickers? ‘Stats of people talking about a topic yawn yawn yawn’ class phrase muppets use thinking they are always right.

    It’s not gambling. You pay whatever it is (I don’t even know what price FP are tbh) for an ultimate pack. This contains 30 rare players. That’s what you get. You want it to be classed as gambling to stop you spending money. That’s all there is to it
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    I’d gamble on this thread going down the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ real quick...
  • Surely this will just increase coin buying further?
  • Tsarov
    9863 posts League Winner
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....

    it's gambling, they may wrap it up nicely & put a ribbon around it to make it look like it's not, but it is gambling, so really it shouldn't even be allowed unless it's confirmed each user is of legal age.

    Here we go again...it’s not gambling. You literally are given exactly what you are told to be. No mention of coin return possibilities.

    Buying a packet of biscuits gambling by your logic. You are getting what you paid for but they could be smashed! Or they could be 2mm smaller than inside another pack. Ban them!

    You put money in for a chance at something...


    That is gambling.

    gambling definition;

    Playing games for chance of money - opening packs for chance of Messi... same thing.

    Taking a risky action in hopes of a desire result - Opening packs in hopes of packing TOTY

    Please stop the nonsense saying it's not gambling, it is & saying it isn't is part of the problem, you put money in & don't know what you're getting back (so it's a risk... which means it's gambling).


    State of people talking about a topic they don't even know the meaning of... :D

    Irony bombs everywhere. It’s still not gambling.

    Of course it is. Mechanism operating in FUT is fully compliant with the definition of gambling used by European Court of Justice. There were many prejudicial questions from the EU members in this regard, i.e. looting. That’s also why European Comission will regulate this issue very soon. Question is whether they will release a Directive or Decree.
  • Hayter
    473 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fruit machines also have a pay out probability percentage on them. Still gambling. This would make packs you earn through playing a lot more valuable in game.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4153 posts National Call-Up
    interesting to see how e.a get around this if indeed they can

    could they change the format so you see the players your getting in the pack so it isnt termed as gambling ?
  • Mic2904
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2019
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....

    it's gambling, they may wrap it up nicely & put a ribbon around it to make it look like it's not, but it is gambling, so really it shouldn't even be allowed unless it's confirmed each user is of legal age.

    Here we go again...it’s not gambling. You literally are given exactly what you are told to be. No mention of coin return possibilities.

    Buying a packet of biscuits gambling by your logic. You are getting what you paid for but they could be smashed! Or they could be 2mm smaller than inside another pack. Ban them!

    This is where you are wrong. You aren't given the odds, you are given statistics of what happened in the past! Look at the probability, it clearly states the timeframe and how many 'big items' have been delivered in that timeframe.

    Comparing this to biscuits is plain stupid and quite frankly one of the dumbest posts I have seen around this topic! If i pay for a pack of 20 Oreo's then I get 20 Oreos in the flavour I want. If I buy a pack in Fifa, I am given retrospective statistics but the pack i buy is a clear gamble, because it is down to your pack luck and the computer generated players and items provided to you! You HAVE TO take into consideration that player ratings. If all players had a 80 rating for example, then fair enough, although you could still argue about the teams etc. There is a rarity connected to individual cards as well!
  • Keano
    20239 posts Club Captain
    @DaveSaves Well it is if you know what gambling is.

    @YOLOT0URE Yeah in a sense they are gambling, as you're gambling the chance of getting something good & don't know what you're getting on the inside. I'm not fussed about my money spend, I spend 80 at the start of the year & wont be spending next year at all, so I don't need anything to stop me spending, but i appreciate what you were trying to say with the bad assumption.

    gambling is taking a chance on something & not knowing the outcome, you don't know the outcome of your packs so therefore it's gambling, plain & simple.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    6815 posts Big Money Move
    Hopefully The Netherlands will follow
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    If you REALLY believe this is gambling, how have EA been selling a gambling product to kids (3+ iirc?) for 10 years and they’ve never been called out and stopped for it?

    Funny that the Fifa community forum seem to know the laws and regulations better than the regulators themselves.

  • Tsarov
    9863 posts League Winner
    interesting to see how e.a get around this if indeed they can

    could they change the format so you see the players your getting in the pack so it isnt termed as gambling ?

    EU will release a regulation, then it will be directly binding, all EU members will be obliged to adapt to the new legal environment.

    EU will release a directive, then every single EU member will be obliged to achieve certain ‘goals’ presented in the directive, however not in a precised way.

    Nevertheless, EU region will change in the next couple of years. That’s for sure.
  • Azof
    20068 posts Club Captain
    Hopefully The Netherlands will follow

    Hopefully the whole EU follow
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4153 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2019
    i think the time will come when you can buy a ronaldo or messi with hard cash direct from e.a

    as you can see what your buying it isnt gambling
  • Mic2904
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    If you REALLY believe this is gambling, how have EA been selling a gambling product to kids (3+ iirc?) for 10 years and they’ve never been called out and stopped for it?

    Funny that the Fifa community forum seem to know the laws and regulations better than the regulators themselves.

    Because no one has asked any questions about this and technically a 3 year CANNOT buy Fifa Points or Coins. They cannot own a CC or Bank account. That is not something you can blame EA for!

    Before you form an opinion about the forum users, you may want to think about the stuff you post 👍
  • Tsarov
    9863 posts League Winner
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    If you REALLY believe this is gambling, how have EA been selling a gambling product to kids (3+ iirc?) for 10 years and they’ve never been called out and stopped for it?

    Funny that the Fifa community forum seem to know the laws and regulations better than the regulators themselves.

    It’s really easy to follow curia.europa.eu. Even for a person who is not a lawyer or is not employed in a legal/advisory company.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    If you REALLY believe this is gambling, how have EA been selling a gambling product to kids (3+ iirc?) for 10 years and they’ve never been called out and stopped for it?

    Funny that the Fifa community forum seem to know the laws and regulations better than the regulators themselves.

    Because no one has asked any questions about this and technically a 3 year CANNOT buy Fifa Points or Coins. They cannot own a CC or Bank account. That is not something you can blame EA for!

    Before you form an opinion about the forum users, you may want to think about the stuff you post 👍

    A 3 year old cannot have money to buy a card from game and then transfer it into Fifa points? A 3 year old can’t hold notes? Strange
  • Keano
    20239 posts Club Captain
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    If you REALLY believe this is gambling, how have EA been selling a gambling product to kids (3+ iirc?) for 10 years and they’ve never been called out and stopped for it?

    Funny that the Fifa community forum seem to know the laws and regulations better than the regulators themselves.

    They have on occasions, but not in the formality of a legal proceeding by the government/law etc.

    Could be a number of reasons, the tax they'll pay (whilst the gambling is made to look like it might not be to the bunch of you that'll defend EA till the end), it could be that it's gambling but it's a loophole.

    You're telling me that you'd be fine with a child just opening pack after pack wasting loads of money on this & not think it's gambling?

    The bit in bold is like that because you're also talking about it as if you know anything, hypocrissy at it's finest.
Sign In or Register to comment.