Fifa Points aren’t available anymore in Belgium

RoosGianni
3207 posts National Call-Up
edited January 29
https://www.ea.com/news/fifa-points-belgium?isLocalized=true

I’m from Belgium and I love this. Hope other countries will follow. I wonder what the changes for eSports will be.
Post edited by RoosGianni on

Comments

• Scutch
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    Interesting. They'll lose a lot of money with this.
  • maXmood
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    nice! hope other countries follow suit!
  • solnasolna08
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    rip this game if more countries do this!

i hope they do!
  • Diggy
    13539 posts Has That Special Something
    This will spread through the EU mark my words
  • solnasolna08
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    no more pay to wins, all need to grind the game.

more fair for all.
  • RoosGianni
    3207 posts National Call-Up
    It’s definitely a step in the good direction.
  • Scutch
    As someone who has spent the best part of £1k on Fifa Points this year (yeah, utterly ridiculous - think I became addicted to opening packs), I'm all for this. Fair platform for us all.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    This makes me heart happy. Imagine ea focusing mainly on gameplay and not the next promo.
  • iD33J91
    5436 posts Big Money Move
    Scutch wrote: »
    As someone who has spent the best part of £1k on Fifa Points this year (yeah, utterly ridiculous - think I became addicted to opening packs), I'm all for this. Fair platform for us all.

Same here.

Wonder if they’ll go to a “buy a player” model instead of the effective gamble of buying packs
  • LFC Simon 98
    16158 posts World Class
    Yea my money’s on them finding a way to remarket them
  • Azof
    16099 posts World Class
    Good hopefully fut dies
  • Keano
    12244 posts Has That Special Something
    They say they don't agree with Belgiums laws & authorities on the matter... course they don't they're going to lose money.

Hopefully every other country follows suit, I'm sure EA would adapt, but it'd be a massive hit on their finances.
  • Scutch
    iD33J91 wrote: »

Same here.

Wonder if they’ll go to a “buy a player” model instead of the effective gamble of buying packs

Coin buying will become even more of a problem.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    edited January 29
    More countries will follow suit no doubt.

• Campino
    26786 posts Player of the Year
    Fut would die
  • TimRUFC
    3222 posts National Call-Up

Same here.

Not if ea remodels and decides to sell them themselves 🤔
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    the times they are a changin'
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    EA would probably just follow suit of other games and say Ronaldo can be bought for X amount of money etc wouldnt shock
  • Nervous_Nick
    5048 posts Big Money Move
    Great news!! I hope other countries will follow soon!
    Yeah they can switch to a “buy a player” model, but they will not have the nerve to ask 1000 euros for nif CR7....
  • Pugzilla
    15591 posts World Class
    TimRUFC wrote: »

Same here.

Not if ea remodels and decides to sell them themselves 🤔

They also could just put R9 in the store "For a limited time" at a cheeky 1k price point etc. Or just have a catalog of players to chose from. Fact of the matter is FIFA points is a negative thing for consumers.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Brexit means Brexit
  • Keano
    Campino wrote: »
    Fut would die

Wouldn't be a bad option & would certainly open the market for someone else to come in & try to take over with a game that's much better with a team/company that do what needs to when given constructive things to improve etc. If Pes had the Icons fifa does, plus liscencing I think a lot more people would be inclined to make the switch & would prob prefer pes. Gameplay is better, but the liscensing etc make it harder to want to play.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    This is not a good thing for the market and players being available.

Someone how to buy packs.
  • Campino
    26786 posts Player of the Year
    Keano wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Fut would die

Wouldn't be a bad option & would certainly open the market for someone else to come in & try to take over with a game that's much better with a team/company that do what needs to when given constructive things to improve etc. If Pes had the Icons fifa does, plus liscencing I think a lot more people would be inclined to make the switch & would prob prefer pes. Gameplay is better, but the liscensing etc make it harder to want to play.

If I had a PlayStation and the option file I probably wouldn’t play Fifa. Thing is I won’t ever switch from Xbox to PS so I do hang my footballing hopes solely on EA

I thought this years PES however is superb
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    This is not a good thing for the market and players being available.

Someone how to buy packs.

They'll just change it coins . Instead of points now you can buy coins and open packs with it. The supply of players will dwindle rapidly though .

Inflation one the limited players might be stupid high . Nothing will change until u.k/u.s do the same though.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6943 posts Big Money Move
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....
  • ORANGEeffect05
    19922 posts World Class
    Pro clubs with cosmetic microtransactions (see fortnite) so they actually invest in the game mode plz

• Keano
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Maybe I’m the only one against this. I’d rather people pay for FP if they so wish. I don’t, but it makes the market usable. Without that, you’ll be forced to buy players and packs will disappear. Great....

it's gambling, they may wrap it up nicely & put a ribbon around it to make it look like it's not, but it is gambling, so really it shouldn't even be allowed unless it's confirmed each user is of legal age.
  • WFCBagnall
    69089 posts Moderator
    Time for DLC's