How to start trading "safe"?

rona_94
905 posts Professional
So.. I've never been interested in trading, or, I've never been too much involved into it, but this year I just would like to try some big player before the end (last year the biggest player I had was toty de bruyne bought when he dropped at 600k). I also have to say that usually I don't care about those virtual coins, but I've never had so much so I'm just "scared" to lose them..

I currently have 2.2M (+ an 88 Zanetti to sell probably, so let's say 2.7M). Al coins made from rewards (i always took xoins in rivals) and packs.

I always heard people say that when you a lot of coins it's so easy to trade, but since I've never had so much coins, as said before, I have fear to lose them..

So, what's the "safest" method (obviously no one is a medium, so just tell me you opinions), for a new trader with this amount of coins ?

Hope someone will give me some tips. Thank you and sorry for the long read and maybe (probably), my English that is not perfect

Comments

• Ant
    92 posts Park Captain
    Safest way is quick flips, get them on bids and list for lowest BIN if you want safe.

But safe is Boring :smiley:
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Ant wrote: »
    Safest way is quick flips, get them on bids and list for lowest BIN if you want safe.

But safe is Boring :smiley:

What's "quick flips" exactly ?
    Yeah i know is boring but I've never had so much coins in fifa :#
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Safest is buying after wl and selling before imo
  • Safk001
    879 posts Semi-Pro
    2 ways I know of, both a grind in their own way.

1. Sink 100k into Bronze packs, sell what sells (you will make profit) then put the players that don’t into bronze upgrade packs, you then will be able to do League SBC’s at the fraction of cost.

2. Icon trading, sit there whenever you have free time and constantly bid on Icons, at some point maybe only one a day (but usually many more depending on time your on and other factors) you will get an icon 100k-300k below their buy it now value, then just relist it 1k below whatever the cheapest one is on the market.

I’ve earned millions over time from the bronze pack method but I rarely do the icon bidding as time doesn’t allow me but when I do, I can usually make 80-100k a day.
  • Greg056
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I made most of my profit from buying cheap informs (<20k) which have a good position/rating/nation thus making them useful for SBCs. For example Gotze, Haverts, Digne, Grimaldo.... most of them doubled their prices at some point. I mostly aim for CBs, LBs or CMs. Worked everytime for me so far :smile:
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Safk001 wrote: »

1. Sink 100k into Bronze packs, sell what sells (you will make profit) then put the players that don’t into bronze upgrade packs, you then will be able to do League SBC’s at the fraction of cost.

2. Icon trading, sit there whenever you have free time and constantly bid on Icons, at some point maybe only one a day (but usually many more depending on time your on and other factors) you will get an icon 100k-300k below their buy it now value, then just relist it 1k below whatever the cheapest one is on the market.

I’ve earned millions over time from the bronze pack method but I rarely do the icon bidding as time doesn’t allow me but when I do, I can usually make 80-100k a day.

For the 1) is it a slow method i suppose right?
    For the 2), you mean bin during auctions and not snipe right ? And what icons are better, the cheapest ones?

Thank you however
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Greg056 wrote: »
    I made most of my profit from buying cheap informs (<20k) which have a good position/rating/nation thus making them useful for SBCs. For example Gotze, Haverts, Digne, Grimaldo.... most of them doubled their prices at some point. I mostly aim for CBs, LBs or CMs. Worked everytime for me so far :smile:

I was thinking about this, for example 82 IFs of good leagues for around 14-15k, would go maybe for 21-22k when needed

• rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    It's too late for OTW I think right?
    I blame myself cause I was thinking a lot in invest in some Promes (before he gets a motm), but I didn't :(
  • Loddar
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    rona_94 wrote: »

I was thinking about this, for example 82 IFs of good leagues for around 14-15k, would go maybe for 21-22k when needed

This worked for me! Made a lot selling my Hector's and other German IFs for POTM SBC.
    In the last weeks I bought some Götze, Havertz (20k) or Ribery for 30k. It's always a safe invest
  • FifaTaco
    1958 posts Fans' Favourite
    Loddar wrote: »

This worked for me! Made a lot selling my Hector's and other German IFs for POTM SBC.
    In the last weeks I bought some Götze, Havertz (20k) or Ribery for 30k. It's always a safe invest

I made 300k on 4 81 if eggesteins. Get lucky with your sbc predictions and your in the money.
  • Yoesi
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    The safest trading, and no doubt about it is IF-investments. Buy cheap 80-86 ish from current week, keep them 2-3 weeks then sell. But, it sure wont make you enormous amount of money alone.
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    So probably I'm gonna start with those kind of IF's
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Every other tip is accepted! Thank you so much
  • Greg056
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Exactly.
    As soon as they go out of packs, their price is increasing. And when they drop popular Icon or POTM SBCs, you can make alot of profit. I bought Digne for example for 13-14k each who was at some point 35k and it is highly unlikely that he’ll ever drop under 13k again.
  • MojoJojo
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yoesi wrote: »
    The safest trading, and no doubt about it is IF-investments. Buy cheap 80-86 ish from current week, keep them 2-3 weeks then sell. But, it sure wont make you enormous amount of money alone.

This is the lowest risk and is also how I've made pretty much all my coins this year.
  • Safk001
    879 posts Semi-Pro
    Safk001 wrote: »

For the 1) is it a slow method i suppose right?
    For the 2), you mean bin during auctions and not snipe right ? And what icons are better, the cheapest ones?

Thank you however

Yes first one slow, and yes bidding on them in open bid. Your welcome 👍
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    I have a question about this IFs method
    How many ifs should I buy of a certain player? And how many should I put on the market when I want to sell them (and all at the same price?)

Is it safe or there's a chanche to get coin wiped from ea ?
  • Finesse_4days
    16975 posts World Class
    edited January 2019
    How many ifs should I buy of a certain player? And how many should I put on the market when I want to sell them (and all at the same price?)

It's safe , buy as many as you want of a certain player there is no limited, but it is best to lower the risks by spreading your coins out into a few different players. List them for quite away above lowest bin so lazy buyers can buy them and list them all up at similar but not identical prices. Say you buy someone for 15k from this Totw, you would list him for 22- 26k depending on how patient you are and then in a few weeks they should rise in price and sell, especially if the right sbcs come out.
  • Hausgaard
    440 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bronze pack method would be a very safe way to invest your coins! Would take you a hell of a time though..
  • Finesse_4days
    16975 posts World Class
    Inform trading > Bronze pack method unless you have a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ton of time or you have under 300k to trade with.
  • Loddar
    279 posts Sunday League Hero

Yes the safest way is to spread your invests on different IFs and be aware that if a TOTW SBC is released then there are more IFs from the current TOTW on the market and prices may not rise as usual
  • RA22Y
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Loads of low value players and keep flipping them. Its slow and steady, but works.
  • Jonboyparker
    7181 posts Big Money Move
    Buy Discard IF's (stick to 81+).

List them for 5-10k higher than you bought them for.

When out of packs or when a big sbc drops people snap them up. It may take a while for some to shift but you can always lower to 2k profit to make a quick profit if you want to clear them. Try to buy 81's as close to discard as possible!

IF's are a little high right now due to so many sbc's coming out recently but they should start to drop again when it goes quiet (if it goes quiet).
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    I will start with IFs this week or next one, thanks for all your advices

Obviously any other advice is good accepted!

• Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Discard informs, but if you notice 84/83 rated players drop in price, it's always wise to pick them up. I got a bunch of Mandzukic's for 2.7k last Monday, he exploded in price when the TOTW SBC dropped Friday. I had no idea that SBC was coming, but I didn't mind sitting on Mandzukic for a few weeks, had it not dropped.
  • Jonboyparker
    7181 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Discard informs, but if you notice 84/83 rated players drop in price, it's always wise to pick them up. I got a bunch of Mandzukic's for 2.7k last Monday, he exploded in price when the TOTW SBC dropped Friday. I had no idea that SBC was coming, but I didn't mind sitting on Mandzukic for a few weeks, had it not dropped.

To add on the above. If you're new to trading (especially low risk trading), Its a good idea to watch the market and see how the prices fluctuate during promos and desirable sbcs.

EG: 84's at 2.7k is a good price any day of the week!!! 85's below 10k is generally good. 86's under 16k is good etc... Its a little but higher risk until you get comfortable with the price ranges. Also beware EA can throw a curve ball at anytime and crash the market.

You just need to check now and again and then watch what they sell for in a spike.
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2019
    Buy current weeks informs for as cheap as possible, sell in a few weeks

Wait until no decent SBC's are out, pick up La Liga/Spanish 84's/85's for cheap, Illarimendi, Saul and Giminez are always good buys. When a decent SBC comes out they'll shoot up and sell instantly
  • Pazman83
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I bought a load of Rui patricos and fahmahns, both 83’s for around 850-900 each at start of last week, because of the current TOTW sbc, they are selling for 2k each, something to look at in the future.

Use Futbin to get idea of prices, use graphs to see when they are high and low
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    As first investment (maybe wrong! :# ), I bought 20+ izzo for prices between 13.5k - 14k. He's an Italian cb from Serie A, there are many icons who played in Serie A so hope he'll gonna be requested. (Also I don't know why, 81 Silvestre and 81 Tonelli raised their price up a lot, same league same nation)
  • Vinny1979
    6103 posts Big Money Move
    Buy benzema IF sub 48k x 40

List 70-75k

Wait for the icon and or flashback this week

Get rich

Rinse and repeat next week