Blackburn Rovers-Season 3: February and March tables

Comments

• LAboog4
    489 posts Sunday League Hero
    Very good start, it looks like my prediction of finishing around 15th might have been too low actually.

The results were good wins against team that will finish midtable or below which is even better for you. The 'big 6' then Blackburn in the standings.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    subpop wrote: »
    Very good results to start the season. I must admit I am pleasently suprised with this start.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Very good start, it looks like my prediction of finishing around 15th might have been too low actually.

The results were good wins against team that will finish midtable or below which is even better for you. The 'big 6' then Blackburn in the standings.

Yeah it’s been a great start. Teams have really struggled with our midfield presence of Koopmeiners and Rodriguez. Hopefully we can keep it going.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    edited February 16
    U5kb5oK.jpg

ioKSwIx.jpg

Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • DB1512
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    Still not bad, ten points after seven games. No shame in losing against City and Everton, good victory over a very disappointing Leicester.
  • LAboog4
    Midtable after September is where fans would have loved to be at the start of the year. Once the fixture list becomes hectic in October and December the team will truly be tested.

I usually think for the clubs just trying to stay up their first year, losing early in the Carabao Cup is a good thing. It's not a prestigious cup nor does winning giving you a huge reward so it is more important to rest players.
  • Ashy
    8613 posts League Winner
    Mixed start to the season there but as expected, to be honest I think you are surpassing expectations currently, the aim this season should be avoid relegation, if you can do enough to avoid the dogfight to stay up even better, keep that distance
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Perhaps these latest results were the ones to expect. The team was over the expectations and the reality is that the season is still good. Ugly defeat at the Carabao Cup though... even if it is a minor tournament, a team like Blackburn should take it more seriously.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Still not bad, ten points after seven games. No shame in losing against City and Everton, good victory over a very disappointing Leicester.

Yeah I was how bad the whipped us that really hurt 😂
    Midtable after September is where fans would have loved to be at the start of the year. Once the fixture list becomes hectic in October and December the team will truly be tested.

I usually think for the clubs just trying to stay up their first year, losing early in the Carabao Cup is a good thing. It's not a prestigious cup nor does winning giving you a huge reward so it is more important to rest players.

Yeah it certainly makes the winter period less hectic for us. Not getting relegated has to be our number one concern.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Mixed start to the season there but as expected, to be honest I think you are surpassing expectations currently, the aim this season should be avoid relegation, if you can do enough to avoid the dogfight to stay up even better, keep that distance

I’m pleasantly surprised with our start. I did just do some minor tweaks to the sliders again. Basically upped the marking for the CPU and a few other things. Feel like it’s much more accurate now.
    Perhaps these latest results were the ones to expect. The team was over the expectations and the reality is that the season is still good. Ugly defeat at the Carabao Cup though... even if it is a minor tournament, a team like Blackburn should take it more seriously.

Yeah some changes to the sliders seem to be giving me much more accurate results of late.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    kUex5tD.jpg

OYalMqy.jpg
  • LAboog4
    Just hanging about relegation but if things don't improve you won't be for long. 40 points usually means safety but the way the table looks, 35 might do it.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    minPK33.jpg
  • DB1512
    Lillo is the man who guided Blackburn to the PL again, I think he should have more influence in the transfers. I don't know if the current performance of the team are also part of the rift, but I think it is unfair to say goodbye to Lillo.
  • subpop
    Once more the ownership acts like a dictatorship. Lillo deserves a monument after his great season, too bad that he is not taken into consideration for the decisions. :'(
  • zltrobert
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Four points above the relegation line. You should be careful
  • JoshDFC
    1958 posts Play-Off Hero
    The teams weakness seems to be at the back with the amount of goals conceded
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    Lillo is the man who guided Blackburn to the PL again, I think he should have more influence in the transfers. I don't know if the current performance of the team are also part of the rift, but I think it is unfair to say goodbye to Lillo.
    Once more the ownership acts like a dictatorship. Lillo deserves a monument after his great season, too bad that he is not taken into consideration for the decisions. :'(

Lillo and DMC III are on a collision course for sure. Ownership has shown they are afraid to clean house 😬
    zltrobert wrote: »
    Four points above the relegation line. You should be careful
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The teams weakness seems to be at the back with the amount of goals conceded

It’s going to be a battle all season to stay above the bottom 3 if we don’t get our defense lined out.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    Ewaixr9.jpg

IH3p465.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    95v7QxS.jpg
  • LAboog4
    The team is closer to a Europa league spot than relegation. Whatever the rift is about, they better find a way to solve it as the club is improving on the field.
  • DB1512
    Really a fan of Barco, had him at a Atlético Madrid career in Fifa 18 and he really delivered. I know Fischer from his Ajax period, he was a worldclass prospect but did not made it and I think he isn't good enough for the PL. If you have the resources I really should aim at Barco.
  • subpop
    It is an achievement to be in the mid zone of the league table. These last results are good overall. Sadly the team conceeded too much at the back.

On possible signings, Barco is the most interesting option, but also the most expensive.
  • JoshDFC
    1958 posts Play-Off Hero
    Think that Fischer is the most realistic signing hopefully he can make a positive impact
  • Danimal5981
    2067 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 20
    I say Moses Simon. Fischer has failed in England and Germany and will not attempt another jump to those countries. MLS teams are getting financially stronger and you very rarely see an established MLS player making the jump to one of the European big leagues.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    The team is closer to a Europa league spot than relegation. Whatever the rift is about, they better find a way to solve it as the club is improving on the field.
    Really a fan of Barco, had him at a Atlético Madrid career in Fifa 18 and he really delivered. I know Fischer from his Ajax period, he was a worldclass prospect but did not made it and I think he isn't good enough for the PL. If you have the resources I really should aim at Barco.
    It is an achievement to be in the mid zone of the league table. These last results are good overall. Sadly the team conceeded too much at the back.

On possible signings, Barco is the most interesting option, but also the most expensive.
    Think that Fischer is the most realistic signing hopefully he can make a positive impact
    I say Moses Simon. Fischer has failed in England and Germany and will not attempt another jump to those countries. MLS teams are getting financially stronger and you very rarely see an established MLS player making the jump to one of the European big leagues.

All three certainly have there qualities. Personally I’d love Simon but don’t see him leaving Levante right now. Whether they can drum up the money for Barco is the main question. All signs seem to point to Fischer.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    hGcA5BE.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    ywSSPcm.jpg

7IDLWrm.jpg
  • subpop
    The results of the team are good enough to reach the objective for a newly promoted team. So I wouldn't be worried about certain defeats against top sides. The team is over the expectations and building for the future. I have to back the manager in this sense... Lillo can't be asked for more. However, I see a sad end for him at the club whenever the season reach the Summer.

And, yes, awful season for Leicester.
  • LAboog4
    For a promoted side the record and points are good but the defense is unbelievably poor. 50 goals allowed already is a major concern.

The flip side is the attack is one of the highest scoring in the league. You're like a poor mans 2017 Liverpool. :)
  • JoshDFC
    1958 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wow the team love giving goals away 50 conceded after twenty three games thats more then 2 game on average :lol:
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    The results of the team are good enough to reach the objective for a newly promoted team. So I wouldn't be worried about certain defeats against top sides. The team is over the expectations and building for the future. I have to back the manager in this sense... Lillo can't be asked for more. However, I see a sad end for him at the club whenever the season reach the Summer.

And, yes, awful season for Leicester.
    For a promoted side the record and points are good but the defense is unbelievably poor. 50 goals allowed already is a major concern.

The flip side is the attack is one of the highest scoring in the league. You're like a poor mans 2017 Liverpool. :)
    Wow the team love giving goals away 50 conceded after twenty three games thats more then 2 game on average :lol:

So Lillos tactics call for a very highline, and throwing bodies forward much like City do. Sadly our CBs and GK aren’t usually up to stopping the attacks the top teams bring. I’ve never had a defense give up goals like this team. What’s worse is that so many of them come because when a ball is cleared they clear it right to an opposing player who knocks it in 😂