Blackburn Rovers-Season 3: February and March tables

Comments

• JoshDFC
    1888 posts Play-Off Hero
    What a coup Musonda could prove to be a great player who should excel in the Championship
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    BJfuS1O.jpg
  • JDB44
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What a signing Rodriguez would be. A great chance for him to coming to England with the possibility of promoting to the Premier League.
  • subpop
    3180 posts National Call-Up
    Last season the team was far from thinking in promotion. With this new additions, there should be a step forward. Do you think it's realistic to think in promotion with this squad?
  • DB1512
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't know Rodrigues but he looks like a passing CDM, I think this fits to Lillo's ideas and therefore he would be a good signing.
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    IyuxUPa.jpg
  • Wildfireburns
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Some really good signings. I really think you might get promoted this season looking at the transfers alone.
  • DB1512
    Two quality signings! Is Lillo aiming for promotion this season?
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    JDB44 wrote: »
    What a signing Rodriguez would be. A great chance for him to coming to England with the possibility of promoting to the Premier League.
    subpop wrote: »
    Last season the team was far from thinking in promotion. With this new additions, there should be a step forward. Do you think it's realistic to think in promotion with this squad?
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Don't know Rodrigues but he looks like a passing CDM, I think this fits to Lillo's ideas and therefore he would be a good signing.
    Some really good signings. I really think you might get promoted this season looking at the transfers alone.
    Two quality signings! Is Lillo aiming for promotion this season?

I think Top 6 has to be the goal for this team this year. There are some good teams this year so top 2 is going to be a tough battle but with our academy graduates growing faster than expected and attacking options like Dack, Brereton and Musonda now this team will be fun to follow. I’ve changed the tactics to match Lillos at his current team and it’s a high line with lots of movement. Should be fun to follow
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    edited February 6
    An incredible start to the new season as Blackburn Rovers flys to the top of the Championship standings winning 5 of there first 6. Juanma Lillos tactics look immense and he has totally transformed a team that looked midtable at best. The new midfield pairing of Rodriguez and Fernandes has been dominant and the only bit of bad news this month was the loss of Anthony McDonald for 2 months.

6ak9HjN.jpg

j9jpF1T.jpg
  • JDB44
    Great start to the season in the league, shame to be out of the Carabao cup though. Already beating Fulham and Huddersfield too, that shows the team is ready for a top 6 challenge
  • Danimal5981
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    All your games at home?
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    Great start to the season in the league, shame to be out of the Carabao cup though. Already beating Fulham and Huddersfield too, that shows the team is ready for a top 6 challenge

Yeah we had to rotate heavily against Leeds and they were just to much for us.
    All your games at home?

😂 no I’m just being lazy
  • subpop
    Good start to the season. As @Danimal5981 suggested, it'd be good to know if you play at home or away.
  • JoshDFC
    1888 posts Play-Off Hero
    A superb start to the win winning five and losing one disappointing to be eliminated from the Europa League so early but the team can focus on the league
  • Ashy
    8298 posts League Winner
    Amazing start to the season top of the league! Unlucky losing to Leeds in the cup there too, they are a strong team and much better in quality than you so it happens. I really like the Brewster signing though, young English striker with a lot of potential, can he reach it at Blackburn?!
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    Good start to the season. As @Danimal5981 suggested, it'd be good to know if you play at home or away.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A superb start to the win winning five and losing one disappointing to be eliminated from the Europa League so early but the team can focus on the league
    Ashy wrote: »
    Amazing start to the season top of the league! Unlucky losing to Leeds in the cup there too, they are a strong team and much better in quality than you so it happens. I really like the Brewster signing though, young English striker with a lot of potential, can he reach it at Blackburn?!

Been an amazing start. Lillos tactics are very different then what I’m used to but the players have responded well. Brewster is a player I can’t wait to see develop. Think he’s going to be special.
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    September saw Blackburn’s hot start to the year continue. Even a tough loss to newly promoted Blackburn couldn’t deflate the feelings around the club as they sit second in the table after 10 games.

bbpfsBN.jpg

srr4Krv.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    On route to the Premier League I guess, but if so, you'll need a huge improvement. Your current squad is nice in the Championship, but falls short at the highest level.
  • DB1512
    I agree with @Danimal5981 that you need improvement if you reach the PL, but for now Blackburn is not there yet. Impressive start but 36 games left so anything can happen, although you are on the right path.
  • JDB44
    Very impressive start. It is early in the year but it is shaping up to be a 3 team race for the 2 automatic promotion spots.
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    On route to the Premier League I guess, but if so, you'll need a huge improvement. Your current squad is nice in the Championship, but falls short at the highest level.
    I agree with @Danimal5981 that you need improvement if you reach the PL, but for now Blackburn is not there yet. Impressive start but 36 games left so anything can happen, although you are on the right path.
    Very impressive start. It is early in the year but it is shaping up to be a 3 team race for the 2 automatic promotion spots.

Yeah I’m almost afraid to take this team to the PL. We are young and talented but I don’t think we’re quite ready. Hopefully if we do go up we get a nice injection of funds.
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    Gr1LJwY.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    So this scout discovered them having OVR levels at (or clos to) 70 already? That's not bad at all!
  • subpop
    Good run of games and promotion seems a realistic option. As you say, even if the team isn't ready for the PL, there will be higher funds next Summer. The most important is to keep the good level of the team now.
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    So this scout discovered them having OVR levels at (or clos to) 70 already? That's not bad at all!
    Yeah I’ve never had so many high potential players this early on. The two CBs especially will be huge going forward.
    Good run of games and promotion seems a realistic option. As you say, even if the team isn't ready for the PL, there will be higher funds next Summer. The most important is to keep the good level of the team now.
    It’s going to be tough keeping up with Fulham and Huddersfield all year,but we putting a good gap on 7th already. Just really don’t want to deal with the playoffs 😂
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    We skip ahead to the end of December and the race for the top two takes an interesting turn as Blackburn drops 3 games in the month to fall behind Fulham and Huddersfield. Blackburn fans are loving the hot start and feel comfortable in securing top 6 but it’s safe to say they would all prefer top 2.

fACVGzw.jpg

68CWJ9V.jpg
  • DB1512
    A big gap with Wigan but as you say the play-offs are unpredictable so only the first two spots do really count. Hope you find your good form back and catch up with Fulham and Huddersfield.
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    A December to forget was soon forgotten as an incredible run in January has somehow seen Blackburn climb back to second place as they now look to track down Fulham.

ABXvs3r.jpg

JEz2ewu.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    qOwLAct.jpg