Blackburn Rovers-Season 3: February and March tables

Comments

  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Some big moves made, especially by United. I wish Aguero would stay but I can see why he would join Barca.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Manchester United have needed to strengthen their defence for a while signing De Ligt and Skrinier should take it up to a new level maybe as good as Vidic and Ferdinand
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Promotion is becoming a reality with a few games to go after all the doubts shown in December. Still a 3 horse race and the last weeks are going to be exciting. Definitely Lillo is doing a great job. ;)
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Some big moves made, especially by United. I wish Aguero would stay but I can see why he would join Barca.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Manchester United have needed to strengthen their defence for a while signing De Ligt and Skrinier should take it up to a new level maybe as good as Vidic and Ferdinand
    subpop wrote: »
    Promotion is becoming a reality with a few games to go after all the doubts shown in December. Still a 3 horse race and the last weeks are going to be exciting. Definitely Lillo is doing a great job. ;)

    United’s squad looks scary good with those two as the back line for the next 5+ years at least. As for Blackburn they got a few lucky results and Huddersfield slipping a bit helped. Really need to build on this and hopefully lock down that second spot. This team is a bit to erratic to trust the playoffs
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    While I had plans to break the season up a bit more the second half of the season actually moved along pretty fast. With about 7 games to go Huddersfield was only two points behind Blackburn in the race for second place. The Rovers turned it on late though and thanks to multiple late game winners by Brewster and Brereton (4 winners were in the last five minutes of the games) Blackburn was able to secure promotion. Huddersfield ended up falling to Norwich in the Playoff finals. The teams value jumped big time and they should have a fairly healthy budget to work with next season. This team has a lot of potential but will be losing a big playmaker in Musonda who was a loanee. I’m hoping to do more of a real story now that we are in the PL, so it won’t be as rushed.

    0OkXDzB.jpg
    bhk1XoN.jpg
    pGSFYTB.jpg
    V3Dt2NH.jpg
    WPuDiY8.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    DGBwA7D.jpg
  • Ashy
    9224 posts League Winner
    Congrats on promotion, I had a feeling you would end the season well and get in the top 2 automatic spots, massive success for Blackburn there. I'm not so sure this squad is good enough for the PL though you will need some investment in the summer for sure.

    Man Utd centre-back pair is ridiculous, wow!
  • DB1512
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    Massive achievement, now the squad needs to be improved to prevent a scenario like Leeds, Stoke and Villa. Lookman and Wilson look like good signings, but do you only need wingers to improve your squad? Maybe you can shop at the relegated teams for some improvement too.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Congratulations on the quick improvement and promotion. One thing I have noticed when being promoted in England is that the fixtures are not as congested as they are in the Championship so a lack of squad depth does not hurt as much. Hopefully that will help you.

    Along with what @DB1512 said, is there anyone on Leeds, Stoke or Villa for sale that you can pick up for cheap?
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 12
    Congratulations on promotion. It was a fantastic end of the season. As you said, Premier League assures cash, something the team will need to face the new challenges. I guess we can expect massive changes in the squad in the season to come. Any initial ideas?
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »
    Congrats on promotion, I had a feeling you would end the season well and get in the top 2 automatic spots, massive success for Blackburn there. I'm not so sure this squad is good enough for the PL though you will need some investment in the summer for sure.

    Man Utd centre-back pair is ridiculous, wow!
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Massive achievement, now the squad needs to be improved to prevent a scenario like Leeds, Stoke and Villa. Lookman and Wilson look like good signings, but do you only need wingers to improve your squad? Maybe you can shop at the relegated teams for some improvement too.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the quick improvement and promotion. One thing I have noticed when being promoted in England is that the fixtures are not as congested as they are in the Championship so a lack of squad depth does not hurt as much. Hopefully that will help you.

    Along with what @DB1512 said, is there anyone on Leeds, Stoke or Villa for sale that you can pick up for cheap?
    subpop wrote: »
    Congratulations on promotion. It was a fantastic end of the season. As you said, Premier League assures cash, something the team will need to face the new challenges. I guess we can expect massive changes in the squad in the season to come. Any initial ideas?

    Thanks guys. The team closing out the season like they did was very impressive. The core of this team is very very young.....but Uber talented with lots of potential. Honestly this team is going to need probably a good 4-5 signings to stay up though. RM and LM need upgrades. We need a new RB and probably a new midfield addition too. We are getting a much bigger budget than expected so I have a few ideas how to spend it 😉
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fantastic achievement getting back to the Prem the hard work starts here though as it isn't easy to remain in the Premier League
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    qC7ahiX.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    ZOWO6IL.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    JlFqclh.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    United have spent some serious money in the last two windows their defence must be looking incredible at the moment
  • DB1512
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good signings with Wilson and Koopmeiners! United continue with spending money...
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like the graphics, great job. United are a serious threat this season with all the talent being added to the defense and now Zaha.

    Wilson is a great pick up though I do not know much about Koopmeiners I'm sure we will learn more soon.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I don't know any of these signings... just as Lillo. It seems Mr. Caine is not asking anyone for opinions... we will see if he is right.
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    United have spent some serious money in the last two windows their defence must be looking incredible at the moment
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Good signings with Wilson and Koopmeiners! United continue with spending money...
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I like the graphics, great job. United are a serious threat this season with all the talent being added to the defense and now Zaha.

    Wilson is a great pick up though I do not know much about Koopmeiners I'm sure we will learn more soon.
    subpop wrote: »
    I don't know any of these signings... just as Lillo. It seems Mr. Caine is not asking anyone for opinions... we will see if he is right.

    Wilson was a needed signing to take Musondas spot, but Koopmeiners will most likely be the name you hear more of. He’s a very talented midfielder that can make an immediate impact. Will be our highest rated player at 78ovr as well.
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    I0uYkky.jpg


    Z7gx5iW.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    si933M5.jpg

    jZWNC1c.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    mZpXxLW.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Love that preview of the new season surprising to see Leicester in the top four though I must say
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great preview. I like Scott Parker at Fulham, great shout.

    I actually think Blackburn finish closer to 15th.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Very nice preview! I really liked it.

    I am also surprised to see Leicester City so high. Is it FIFA prediction or yours?
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Love that preview of the new season surprising to see Leicester in the top four though I must say
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Great preview. I like Scott Parker at Fulham, great shout.

    I actually think Blackburn finish closer to 15th.
    subpop wrote: »
    Very nice preview! I really liked it.

    I am also surprised to see Leicester City so high. Is it FIFA prediction or yours?

    Thanks guys. Something I’ve done in the past a few times and thought it was needed for a return to the PL. All predictions were from Fifa. I tried to do some research on the new managers as well, so glad it was all approved 😂
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    0fe9OlK.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    Vb3QPWk.jpg

    EBOt6C9.jpg
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Very good results to start the season. I must admit I am pleasently suprised with this start.
Sign In or Register to comment.