Rage quitting

RA22Y
113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Should be renamed 'calm quitting' because since I've started it I enjoy the game so much more. I calm quit when:

1. I concede a kick off goal straight after going ahead.

2. I come up against someone who pauses before kick off to change their formation and bring on subs.

3. I time a tackle perfectly and the game decides it's a penalty and/or a red card.

My record is awful but I'd rather enjoy the game than get wins at all cost.

Comments

• Team Sam
    1875 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pretty selfish approach. 2 I can understand.

1 and 3, you're punishing your opponent when they've done nothing wrong.

I never quit, I always play to the end. Just play as if it's always 0-0 and try to have fun.
  • RA22Y
    Team Sam wrote: »

I never quit, I always play to the end. Just play as if it's always 0-0 and try to have fun.

Maybe if more people did it EA would fix the issues.

Yes, it is selfish, but at the end of the day I play the game for ME to have some enjoyment. I don't do it for the benefit of my opponent.
  • Ash Ketchum
    629 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I quit every single game I know I'm not going to win even if theres 20 mins left. No point wasting my time and effort on a loss.
  • Team Sam
    I quit every single game I know I'm not going to win even if theres 20 mins left. No point wasting my time and effort on a loss.

This is slightly better. The OP quits when he is drawing
  • Ash Ketchum
    629 posts An Exciting Prospect

This is slightly better. The OP quits when he is drawing

That's why FIFA needs to give the win to the person even if its a draw at the time the opponent quits.
  • Team Sam
    RA22Y wrote: »

Yes, it is selfish, but at the end of the day I play the game for ME to have some enjoyment. I don't do it for the benefit of my opponent.

There's no way that people rage quitting more is going to get any issues fixed. Don't try to justify your selfishness with excuses you know not be to true.

Obviously you play the game so that you enjoy it, but that shouldn't be at the expense of other people's enjoyment too. Show some respect for other people trying to enjoy the game too.
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 27
    Should be renamed 'calm quitting' because since I've started it I enjoy the game so much more. I calm quit when:

2. I come up against someone who pauses before kick off to change their formation and bring on subs.

3. I time a tackle perfectly and the game decides it's a penalty and/or a red card.

You must finish less than 5% of your games.
  • invictus1
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Youre just not that good
  • RA22Y

There's no way that people rage quitting more is going to get any issues fixed. Don't try to justify your selfishness with excuses you know not be to true.

Obviously you play the game so that you enjoy it, but that shouldn't be at the expense of other people's enjoyment too. Show some respect for other people trying to enjoy the game too.

Read what I said earlier:

• RA22Y

You must finish less than 5% of your games.

It's a bit more than that. I've finished around 10 out of 30 games this weekend league.
  • Boozad
    985 posts Professional
    I’ll quit games where I’m getting hammered and know that no matter what I do I’m not going to win. Was winning 2-0 the other day and well on top when suddenly with 30 to go I can’t get near the other team and they pop three 30 yarders in to take the lead. Knew I wouldn’t win so scored a couple of own goals and lo and behold I could play again and went and scored another couple of goals.

So obvious this game is.
  • Duncan1972
    298 posts Sunday League Hero

So enjoyment for you is: you winning and it all going your way.

Selfish, and unsporting. Plus you won’t get any better if you don’t learn to come back from adversity.

• Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    In rivals as soon as I see them try a pathetic first timed finesse shot from outrageous angles and distance it’s an automatic quit from me regardless of score still finish level 1 easily all the same
    Don’t see the point in breaking someone down for them to score cheap goals that takes 0skill or effort
  • RA22Y
    Duncan1972 wrote: »

So enjoyment for you is: you winning and it all going your way.

Selfish, and unsporting. Plus you won’t get any better if you don’t learn to come back from adversity.

I didnt say that. I've lost lots of games fair and square. I tend to win/lose 50% of the games I play.

Had a game earlier that finished 1-1 After extra time and I lost on penalties. I messaged my opponent to say well done and wish them luck in their other games.

What is your win/loss record like? Have you ever quit a game before it finished? Do you like conceding kick off goals, playing opponents who pause before kick off, and having players sent off or conceding penalties when you've done everything right?
  • QuidoFrontiere
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am not quiting. I simply put controller on table upside down and let opponent enjoy his game 😄. And I take my lunch 🤭
  • grabberpresident
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect

This seems very, very silly and it seems more like rage than calm quit 😂
  • grabberpresident

It seems immature though. Only quit if you're playing WL and you do it to save time. Not on rivals and you're 5 goals down. Then you play the full game.
  • RA22Y

On the contrary, I've not had any feelings coming even close to rage this weekend. I've been the calmest I've ever been playing weekend league. I know what in-game bull I won't accept, and have a strategy to deal with it calmly.

I reckon lots of people would benefit from a similar strategy, like the guy I played yesterday shouting abuse through his headset then being disconnected for not playing the game.
  • tatadwader
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you don't RQ in division rivals you aren't playing the game right.

Whenever I come up against a replay watcher/celebrator I usually RQ but do some petty **** first.

And in DR, I ALWAYS RQ when the opponent pauses at the kickoff.

I like that "calm quitting" label. I agree it is more calming than sitting thru 20 minutes with some dbag doing dbag ****.
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    Kudos, i do that calm quit quite often too. I have limited time to play the game, can't waste it.
  • bigpokey24
    4802 posts Big Money Move

I see nothing wrong with what you are doing...
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    If I’m on the brunt of a complete BS game I just but an elastic band on the thumb sticks so it thinks I’m controlling the players and go make a cuppa 🤗
    I have no problem losing a game if my opponent is better than me.
    But as soon as my players start going slug mode I’m done 😂
  • RA22Y
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    If I’m on the brunt of a complete BS game I just but an elastic band on the thumb sticks so it thinks I’m controlling the players and go make a cuppa 🤗

Good call.
  • Viking_Beard
    218 posts Sunday League Hero

Although these issues can be frustrating just quitting isn’t the solution...

Sometimes in real life you come across some real BS but there’s no option to just quit, you have to just dust the BS aside and crack on
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up

Sometimes in real life you come across some real BS but there’s no option to just quit, you have to just dust the BS aside and crack on
    There is not enough dusters in the world to clean this mess up lol
  • grabberpresident

On the contrary, I've not had any feelings coming even close to rage this weekend. I've been the calmest I've ever been playing weekend league. I know what in-game bull I won't accept, and have a strategy to deal with it calmly.

I reckon lots of people would benefit from a similar strategy, like the guy I played yesterday shouting abuse through his headset then being disconnected for not playing the game.

WL? With this quitting mentality? That's funny 😂
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 29
    RA22Y seems like you dont know how to lose, so I suggest dont start a game if you are so emotionally immature.

Its unfair unsportsman selfish and toxic that you do that.

On the other hand its EA’s fault they dont punish it so at the current stage cheater can score a leading goal and disconnect and being rewarded a win...disgusting but that’s another story.
    Post edited by SVKslato8 on
  • RA22Y

It's not real life though, is it? That's a stupid comment. The only consequence of quitting a game of FIFA is losing out on a few coins.
  • RA22Y
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    RA22Y seems like you dont know how to loose, so I suggest dont start a game if you are so emotionally immature.

The word you're looking for is lose, not loose. I'm perfectly able to lose games. As I already said, if you bother to go back and read the thread, I win/lose 50% of my games. Winning games isn't my reason for playing the game, unlike most people.

From your comment about so called cheaters, I suggest it's you that has the problem.
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kouli06 wrote: »

Good call.

I have to buy tea bags daily 😂