How many of you don't finish Gold 3 and above?

DIXON THFC
2476 posts Fans' Favourite
edited January 27
Just curious to see if anybody actually struggles to finish gold 3 at least?

I honestly feel like it's nothing special and I'd genuinely be surprised if any of you don't get it...

Please be honest this isn't a thread to ridicule I'm just realising more and more each day (when I play rivals) that I'm very average at this game yet I always get gold 2/3.

Edit: I suppose when I think about it 14/17 wins out of 30 is VERY average.

Comments

• nicklasolling
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DIXON THFC wrote: »
    Just curious to see if anybody actually struggles to finish gold 3 at least?

I honestly feel like it's nothing special and I'd genuinely be surprised if any of you don't get it...

Please be honest this isn't a thread to ridicule I'm just realising more and more each day (when I play rivals) that I'm very average at this game yet I always get gold 2/3.

Edit: I suppose when I think about it 14/17 wins out of 30 is VERY average.

Well the average would be 15 wins wouldnt it? If you get 17-13 in a WL someone would have to get 13-17 for the math to add up.
  • WryLucky
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's weird, sometimes I struggle and sometimes it's really easy. Probably because once I'm in a bad mood I can't play properly.
  • Carter90
    52 posts Park Captain
    Every week without fail I massively struggle! Get to 8 within my first 12 or so then from then on it’s just god squad after god squad! Suppose part of it with me is the mental side. Feel like it’s constantly on my mind I need to win this game the closer I get to it.
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    depends on lot of things servers/gameplay/matchmaking ...sometimes i need 28+ matches to get 14 wins with problems and sometimes i have it in 20 matches
  • StalyVegas
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm struggling this weekend, I'd be lucky reach gold 3 the way things are going
  • alvchong
    966 posts Professional
    I normally can reach gold 3. On and off will struggle and stop at silver 1. I normally play only 25 games.
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional
    Gold 3
    Division 5( made to 4 once)
    I think I am below average specially cause I haves ver expensive team
  • Yosef1607
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mostly i have 14 or 15 wins but sometimes something wrong goes on my team
    I was this week in 8- 6
    Now i am on 8-16
    I did take breaks and my last win was back in friday night.
    Every two losses i have few hours a break and nothing change i have to lose to players i should easily beat 5-0
    So yea this week i will struggle. I am afraid not to get 11 wins
  • cavester77
    78 posts Park Captain
    This is the first year I’ve done fut and I didn’t start till late October time and it’s about my 6th weekend challenge.

First few weeks I could only get to 11 wins but every week since has been 14/15 with a few games to spare.

Last week however I was on 11 wins with 10 games left and I was really hoping I could push for my first 17. How wrong was I. Nothing would go my way. I was dominating games abut hitting the woodwork, straight at their keeper and missing the target. They would have 4 shots from 25 yard and beat me 4-0/ 4-1. I managed to get the 14th win in the last game. NOT FUN. 🙈

This week has been a good week for me wher the game play has bee quite good after the first 3 ridiculous games and I raced to 8 wins from 12 then the last 2 games last night started habvimg **** gameplay again so I put it down.

For me I would just like to get to 17 for a few weeks then hope that I can push on to 20. I would love to get up to the elite 3 level just once.

As I understand it aren’t you supposed to play somebody who has a similar record as you over the past 5 games so if you win 3 out of 5 then you play somebody who has also won 3 out of 5?
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    cavester77 wrote: »
    This is the first year I’ve done fut and I didn’t start till late October time and it’s about my 6th weekend challenge.

First few weeks I could only get to 11 wins but every week since has been 14/15 with a few games to spare.

Last week however I was on 11 wins with 10 games left and I was really hoping I could push for my first 17. How wrong was I. Nothing would go my way. I was dominating games abut hitting the woodwork, straight at their keeper and missing the target. They would have 4 shots from 25 yard and beat me 4-0/ 4-1. I managed to get the 14th win in the last game. NOT FUN. 🙈

This week has been a good week for me wher the game play has bee quite good after the first 3 ridiculous games and I raced to 8 wins from 12 then the last 2 games last night started habvimg **** gameplay again so I put it down.

For me I would just like to get to 17 for a few weeks then hope that I can push on to 20. I would love to get up to the elite 3 level just once.

As I understand it aren’t you supposed to play somebody who has a similar record as you over the past 5 games so if you win 3 out of 5 then you play somebody who has also won 3 out of 5?

if you win 3 from 5 you have +2 record so you can go against 13-11, 9-7-,7-5 ....against people with +2. But doesnt work properly i can guarantee you
  • Duncan1972
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    Silver 1, seems my level as I don’t timed finesse, use constant pressure, spam crosses or ai defend and don’t use meta players. Find it a lot more fun to attempt to play football through my sweaty opponents.
  • BeastlyHusla
    2775 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just get to Gold 3 in Div 5 as I don't like this game. Usually play less than 10 games and im nearly 4.5-5k points.
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    @cavester77

No not the last five games, overall.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/fifa-19-ultimate-team-pitch-notes-weekend-league

It's why you get a lot of people on here crying that once they get X number of wins they think the game is rigged and they're getting cheated by the AI. It's kinda funny sad really because what's actually happening is they've just started getting matched against better people and they're not as good as they thought they were.

It's why almost everybody finds their same level every week and sits there on about par.

There definitely are ways to make it a little easier or harder for yourself. If you start later in the weekend, you're less likely to meet better players as you're moving up.

The thing is that everyone starts the week with 0 form so if you play on Friday then you're more likely to face Elite level players who just simply haven't played enough games yet for their form to have outclassed you.

Where as when you start on Sunday, most people will have already ranked and the Elite players will probably be out of sight.

In either instance, once you hit the 14/15 mark you're going to largely get drawn against almost anyone and it does become tougher.
  • Lkane
    929 posts Professional
    edited January 27
    I’ve been in and won every fut division 1 since fifa 13 and currently comfortably div 4 this fifa. I have NEVER finished higher than gold 3 😂 I don’t know if it’s lack of time or pressure but I’ve never done it.

To be fair though I’ve rarely ever played the full amount of games.
  • cavester77
    78 posts Park Captain
    if you win 3 from 5 you have +2 record so you can go against 13-11, 9-7-,7-5 ....against people with +2. But doesnt work properly i can guarantee you[/quote]

Gotcha. Cheers.

It definitely doesn’t work out like that. There has been loads of times in previous weeks where I’ve lost 5 on the bounce then came up against somebody who is far superior to me on the game.
  • cavester77
    78 posts Park Captain
    edited January 27
    @cavester77

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/fifa-19-ultimate-team-pitch-notes-weekend-league

It's why you get a lot of people on here crying that once they get X number of wins they think the game is rigged and they're getting cheated by the AI. It's kinda funny sad really because what's actually happening is they've just started getting matched against better people and they're not as good as they thought they were.

It's why almost everybody finds their same level every week and sits there on about par.

There definitely are ways to make it a little easier or harder for yourself. If you start later in the weekend, you're less likely to meet better playe

There definitely are ways to make it a little easier or harder for yourself. If you start later in the weekend, you're less likely to meet better players as you're moving up.

The thing is that everyone starts the week with 0 form so if you play on Friday then you're more likely to face Elite level players who just simply haven't played enough games yet for their form to have outclassed you.

Where as when you start on Sunday, most people will have already ranked and the Elite players will probably be out of sight.

In either instance, once you hit the 14/15 mark you're going to largely get drawn against almost anyone and it does become tougher.

Thank you.

Not 100% sure about some games not being favourable to an opponent though. The last game I played last night I was completely dominating but not scoring anywhere near as many as I should.

I finally went 3-2 up with 17 minutes left and lost 5-3. My players suddenly couldn’t pass. Their last 3 goals came from their 5’10 payer beating my 6’2 sol Campbell in the air after an 75 yard kick from their keeper (how the hell do players get their keeper to kick it that far?). Their player just running straight though without altering course and my defenders refusing to tackle him. Can’t remember the 3rd. Think I was too busy picking my jaw off the floor. 😂
  • BanterMarc11
    528 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m usually Silver 1 or Gold 3 tbh
  • Andyh60
    490 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ive managed to get gold 2 (17 wins) on one occasion on 19 which yes felt like a very good achievement so yes 14 is what I tend to get like 80% of the time, if not 11 if I simply cba to play anymore etc etc
  • Noo
    1036 posts Professional
    Average is all relative.

If you mean "average" in relation to fifa players then gold 3 is above average. Lots struggle to regularly get into the WL.

If you mean average in relation to WL competitor's then yes 15 is the mean and therefore average.
  • YellowKicks
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you are getting gold 3 then you are in the top 5% of all fifa players worldwide so I wouldn't call it average. I usually get gold 1 but am recently pushing for elite 3.

The weird thing, and I think this is the biggest differentiator, is that in qualifying tournaments on gfinity or e premier leauge I can hold my own against 30-0 pro's. Beaten a couple and it's always an incredibly close game. I think the mental side of keeping going for 30 games and not switching off/raging is a far bigger differentiator than skill level from Gold 2 to Elite 1. The way these pro's keep their cool and grind wins is amazing.
  • number7rocky
    4309 posts National Call-Up
    I believe that the matchmaking is designed so even the most terrible players can get auto qualified (11 wins) back when it was 40 games I always found it suspicious how many people just scraped 18 wins (gold 3) For sure you've got many people of various abilities that probably finish the same rank because of not so random matchmaking
  • Cowboysfan22
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've stopped at 11 wins the last 5 weeks or so, with my losses usually between 9-12. I just can't be bothered to play 30 games over 3 days. Decided to skip WL this weekend.
  • WryLucky
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Finished Gold 2 with 5 games left. I think I'll stop...
  • Grifan
    1229 posts Professional
    Usually finish around gold area but have started rage quitting v God squads and dropped down to silver 1
  • RA22Y
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I won't do it. Got 4 wins with 6 games to go. I have quit a lot of games whilst drawing though.
  • Skinner249
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    Used to be G1 pushing E3 when I first started with a standard PL team with the likes of Morata, OX, Alli etc.

Then I upgraded to Aguero, KDB, Kante etc and started to limp to G1, sometimes G2

This weekend I ran a full England team, Inc subs and struggled to reach G3

I think I've been left behind now due to wasting coins and chopping changing so much.