How do you hold your control pad?

Safehands84
3116 posts National Call-Up
I only use my thumb for the thumb stick and buttons and my index finger to control the back 4 bumpers. Been watching the pros and noticed they use their middle fingers for the back two bumpers and index for the first two. Have to admit makes a lot more sense and much quicker reactions.

I’ve just tried to do it on SB just on semi pro doing the nakata objective but fingers were all over the place. Worth working on my muscle memory and reconfiguring my hands to improve my gameplay or am I looking too much into it.

Comments

• MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    I also use my middle fingers for L2/R2. I thought everyone done this lol
  • JURITO1000
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    i tried reconfigure it long time ago but i cant ....i play like this more like 15 years
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Upside down.
  • Safehands84
    3116 posts National Call-Up
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    i tried reconfigure it long time ago but i cant ....i play like this more like 15 years

Same I’m 35 now my hands have been set like this since Italian 90 on the mega drive
  • malky
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My thumbs and fingers have six packs😁
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Left side I use my left hand
    Right side I use my right hand
  • Ferrari_LFC10
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    That’s strange I use two toes for the toe stick and my index toe to control my back four bumpers I also use two middle toes on the front and middle bumpers.. you gotta work on that technique mate git gud honestly
  • Ferrari_LFC10
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    45-0 this weekend aswell!
  • Renamed123456
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    Hold it with my feet.
  • Renamed123456
    I used to only use index and middle on one side (can't remember which.) But playing R6 or maybe even fifa there became times when I felt like it'd be beneficial to have both fingers there. Was a bit odd at first to make the switch but you adapt so quick to it.

And it's much better once you do.
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    I only use my thumb for the thumb stick and buttons and my index finger to control the back 4 bumpers. Been watching the pros and noticed they use their middle fingers for the back two bumpers and index for the first two. Have to admit makes a lot more sense and much quicker reactions.

I’ve just tried to do it on SB just on semi pro doing the nakata objective but fingers were all over the place. Worth working on my muscle memory and reconfiguring my hands to improve my gameplay or am I looking too much into it.

I’m exactly the same. On fifa it’s not much of a problem but on games like fortnite it puts you at a disadvantage.

I’ve tried using seperate fingers for each bumper and trigger but feels like I’m not holding the controller securely. Too many years playing like this to change.

Could be a blessing in disguise if you use a 4 paddle Scuf controller though. With moving keepers in fifa you could theoretically move your keeper, track runners and make tackles all at the same time.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5269 posts Big Money Move
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKqO43LMZVWmAnD1u8GtS7rsZAscUbCXnD36LBAuB4bloGZnA7

Like this. Had to take it off of Google images but I started doing it out of habit playing Gears of War 2 and its stuck with me on every game I play.
  • alvchong
    836 posts Semi-Pro

Like this. Had to take it off of Google images but I started doing it out of habit playing Gears of War 2 and its stuck with me on every game I play.

I am too old for this
  • SPN1987
    1881 posts Fans' Favourite
    I rather play with my joystick than a control pad... :D :D :D
  • I SiR MartY I
    5269 posts Big Money Move
    alvchong wrote: »

I am too old for this

I'm not that young either, its just been a habit for 10/11 years now.
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    the middle fingers are just a natural thing when first time holding it
  • Renamed123456
    edited January 27

Is witchcraft allowed on the forum?