how's Socrates?

TurdFerguson
2292 posts Fans' Favourite
edited January 26
Likely looking at his base card here...is he worth upgrading IF Firminho and transitioning to the 4231 with him CCAM? Seems hard to believe its a good move considering the stats, but if he's OP, I'd love to hear it. Cheers!

Comments

• Lodge
    60 posts Park Captain
    I had his 89 on my other account and he was clinical but abit clumsy at times
  • TurdFerguson
    Lodge wrote: »
    I had his 89 on my other account and he was clinical but abit clumsy at times

appreciate the response, will be considered.
  • Thorny
    1057 posts Professional
    Also, Socrates is a freak to play against
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've got his mid card, absolutely the best icon I've used so far. His base was good too, and because of that I upgraded to his mid. Has a wicked long shot on him, no finesse needed. Can feel clunky at times but an engine card sorts that out
  • Dalebert
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have his prime and he's an absolute beast, scores so many goals.
  • Torminator
    1289 posts Professional
    I use his prime and he is a killer as striker. Play him as a sole striker in a 433 (4). He has everything a good striker needs
  • TurdFerguson
    Torminator wrote: »
    I use his prime and he is a killer as striker. Play him as a sole striker in a 433 (4). He has everything a good striker needs

Thanks but I’m planning on using him as a ccam in 4231
  • _Stobe
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 28
    he's very very good

waiting for his sbc...
  • Gunnercp
    1352 posts Professional
    He can bang them in but personally found him way too clunky. Sold for a small profit and wondering who to try next.
  • KinggHuss
    2033 posts Fans' Favourite
    4231 with him CCAM

This is where I used my Prime Socrates for a good 300 games... Sold him yesterday to fund Prime Ballack and Prime Matthaus....

10/10 would definitely recommend Socrates. Feels very special. Rocket of a shot, pin perfect passing and his height really helps with interceptions...

• Nicku32
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 28
    I've used the 89 on 2 occasions because I found him so useful, sold him on Thursday/Friday to try out Prime Matthaus who i've now sold for Prime Socrates. The Prime definitely feels better overall imo, feels less clunky to me and his passing is definitely better. His main issue is his balance, which makes him feel a bit weak at times.